Nick Saban in Marshall County

FHSFAN

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(unc4life @ May 6 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826452975[/snapback]Hate 2 burst your bubble but Saban was all over TN Friday..I am impressed that he wld go 2 Marshall Co & best of luck for Hightower but trust me he made alot of stops & saw alot of players.

Coach Saban is recruting a lot of top players all over the southeast and the country. He already has 8 commitments for 2008 and is talking to potential recrutes for 2009 and 2010. Coach Saban is a relentless recruter

QUOTE(papatj @ May 7 2007 - 07:56 PM) 826453810[/snapback]At the least, if he goes to Tn, he can believe the coach will probably be there in a few years and will not lie to him.

You guys crack me up /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Seems like I remember a few kids lately that have said foolmer lied to them. Some transfered and some refused to even be recruited by TN even though their brothers had played there. What's up with that???

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 7 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826453977[/snapback]You guys crack me up /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Seems like I remember a few kids lately that have said foolmer lied to them. Some transfered and some refused to even be recruited by TN even though their brothers had played there. What's up with that???

From the looks of the picture in your profile. Your either a huge Nick Saban fan or your as big of a bama fan as I am a VOLS fan. I think that would make your opinion on where this kid should go about as biased as my opinion. Tennesse has turned out a few good NFL players over the years as well. If the numbers I looked at back in December were correct, Tennesse was #3 behind Miami and Ohio St. as the most NFL players in the league as of last year.

QUOTE(Mr. Postman1 @ May 7 2007 - 10:15 PM) 826454004[/snapback]From the looks of the picture in your profile. Your either a huge Nick Saban fan or your as big of a bama fan as I am a VOLS fan. I think that would make your opinion on where this kid should go about as biased as my opinion. Tennesse has turned out a few good NFL players over the years as well. If the numbers I looked at back in December were correct, Tennesse was #3 behind Miami and Ohio St. as the most NFL players in the league as of last year.

Yea I guess you could say I am a big Bama fan /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I really think Hightower is TN's to lose. I haven't heard much about him in Bama recruiting circles so I don't think he is thought of as a high percentage recruit. Of course Coach Saban doesn't consult with me on these matters so who knows /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . Biggest thing is that when Coach Saban comes calling these kids at least listen. Last year we would not have gotten the time of day. That alone is huge. I have no doubt that TN will continue to stay near the top in the recruiting rankings but now I think Bama will be up there to keep TN company.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 6 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826452775[/snapback]Yea look at his track record. Look at all the talent he has put in the NFL as a college coach. For pete sake, the QB he recriuted to LSU (then left) was the #1 draft pick in this years NFL draft. If I'm an 17/18 year old kid and Saban is after me, I'm lookin and payin attention real hard because I could be a millionaire in about 4 or 5 years.

Yeah, Fulmer has never put a player in the NFL either? Lord knows he's never had a #1 QB /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I don't doubt his ability as a coach, and I don't doubt his resourcefulness. What I doubt is his character. Simple as that.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 7 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826453977[/snapback]You guys crack me up /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Seems like I remember a few kids lately that have said foolmer lied to them. Some transfered and some refused to even be recruited by TN even though their brothers had played there. What's up with that???

Which kids is it not often I miss a UT headline and the one thing I hear on all the recruiting boards and magazines is how honest he is about where he thinks the kids can be the best at.Fulmers record speaks for its self do the math you can pull up on anysite how many kids he sends to the NFL and also find how prepared those nfl coaches say they are.I grant you I wonder why he has missed some kids in TENNESSEE but anybody will tell you he has to work the nation to get what he gets because most year in and year out TN. IS not loaded with top DIV. 1 prospects.Another thing how many contacts does a middle school coach have. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(rcombs @ May 10 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826456316[/snapback]I don't doubt his ability as a coach, and I don't doubt his resourcefulness. What I doubt is his character. Simple as that.

It good for Bama that kids out there don't seem to have the same misguided perception. From all of the problems that have occurred at TN over the last few years I'm sure kids and parents have had concerns about foolmer (Chris Leak and Jimmy Clausen had some harsh comments about him also before they signed elsewhere).

FYI - Below are some quotes by HS recruits and HS coaches talking about Coach Saban....

"It was terrific. The coaches were real nice to us. They speak the truth and don't tell you what you want to hear."

"It's probably a ways off before they make any kind of a decision but I know that both of them are very impressed with Coach Saban."

"Anytime you have a high profile head coach like Nick Saban, it's going to turn a kid's head, there is no doubt that Coach Saban has their attention."

"I'm excited about having a chance to play under Coach Saban, knowing that he has college and NFL experience. I want to help him and Alabama win championships."

"The number one reason I'm going to Alabama is because I believe in Coach Saban and what he's going to do for the Alabama program. I watched him turn LSU around from 3-8 to what is now, one of the most feared programs in college football. He's going to do that at Alabama, too."

"I can tell you that it took Nick Saban to get Alabama in this race, Alabama would not have had a chance without Nick Saban, because it's hard not to listen to Nick Saban. He's professional. He's got a plan. When he talks, people listen.

"Nick Saban is at Alabama now, and they are one of my favorites for that reason. I know he can build the program back up."

QUOTE(Farmboy1 @ May 10 2007 - 10:23 AM) 826456395[/snapback]Which kids is it not often I miss a UT headline and the one thing I hear on all the recruiting boards and magazines is how honest he is about where he thinks the kids can be the best at.Fulmers record speaks for its self do the math you can pull up on anysite how many kids he sends to the NFL and also find how prepared those nfl coaches say they are.I grant you I wonder why he has missed some kids in TENNESSEE but anybody will tell you he has to work the nation to get what he gets because most year in and year out TN. IS not loaded with top DIV. 1 prospects.Another thing how many contacts does a middle school coach have. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Clausen and Leak are a couple of names that come to mind /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

There is no doubt that TN puts kids in the NFL and has top recruits year in and year out and I don't expect that to change. I'll never argue about the recruiting abilities of the TN staff, they are good. Just give Coach Saban his due....and just be realistic about things at TN, there have been problems there and it's been in the national news in case you missed it. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Enough

• 2 weeks later...

Well the word is out, Hightower was offered by Coach Saban about 2 weeks ago. He actually beat TN with an offer so we may have more of a shot than I thought.>>>>>>>>>

Lewisburg-Marshall County, Tennessee LB/DE Dont'a Hightower might not end up at Alabama, but head coach Nick Saban has Bama in the hunt.

"Alabama offered me around two weeks ago," says the 6-3, 245-pound Hightower, who also has offers from Ole Miss, MTSU and Tennessee. "Coach [Curt] Cignetti and Coach Saban came by the school and watched us practice. They watched me work out at end and linebacker and they liked what they saw.

"Later that day, I talked with both of them on the phone and Coach Saban told me he was offering me a full ride. He said he liked my size, speed and how I have a nose for the ball. I was excited and speechless, really.

"Knowing what Coach Saban has done in college and him wanting me to be a part of the new era at Alabama made me feel good. He talked to me about either linebacker or defensive end. He said he would like to try me at inside linebacker first and then maybe move me to the outside."

After the Tide offered Hightower, Tennessee jumped in the mix with an offer. "Tennessee offered me this past week," Hightower says. "When I first started getting mail, they didn't seem too interested in me, but that changed and they started writing more and more.