8AAA Winner? Lawrence or Lincoln County

franko6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 7 2007 - 06:10 PM) 826453747[/snapback]congrats.....Wildcats will move on to the region tournament

It was good to finally see some calls go Coach James way today. Not sure any of them were wrong but they were certainly the kinda calls that have gone against him in previous years. Congrats to Coach James....his team pounds the ball and deserve to stay away from Oakland in the next round.

If Lincoln can come through and end up at Oakland it will be a party. Lincoln's fans in Oakland's home field will be a blast to see and hear.

QUOTE(confounded @ May 7 2007 - 08:17 PM) 826453828[/snapback]It was good to finally see some calls go Coach James way today. Not sure any of them were wrong but they were certainly the kinda calls that have gone against him in previous years. Congrats to Coach James....his team pounds the ball and deserve to stay away from Oakland in the next round.

If Lincoln can come through and end up at Oakland it will be a party. Lincoln's fans in Oakland's home field will be a blast to see and hear.

Was at the game and didn`t have a kid playing for either team but Lincoln County got 2 terrible calls.It`s not wrote down you will win it cofounded! unless yall have the same 2 umps the rest of the tournament.

QUOTE(ozzie smith @ May 7 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826453838[/snapback]Was at the game and didn`t have a kid playing for either team but Lincoln County got 2 terrible calls.It`s not wrote down you will win it cofounded! unless yall have the same 2 umps the rest of the tournament.

This may be a first! Someone saying Lawrence County has any umpire that favored them.

QUOTE(ORANGEOWL @ May 7 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826453916[/snapback]This may be a first! Someone saying Lawrence County has any umpire that favored them.

I didn`t say he favored them. I said there were 2 blown calls that went aganist Lincoln County. Thats part of baseball ; but the 2 calls I saw were umpires knowing the rules and they missed both of them. I didn`t care who won I was just watching a great baseball game. But a game of the much importance it`s sad you have 2 umpires that don`t know the rules.

QUOTE(ORANGEOWL @ May 7 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826453916[/snapback]This may be a first! Someone saying Lawrence County has any umpire that favored them.

Is it true that Lawrenceburg coaches and the umpire, first name Tom #23, are fishing buddies? How can he not know that two runners can be on one base at the same time. Lawrenceburg player never tagged either runner. How can he blow this call, argueing the whole time that he is right? He made the correct call at first, but then changed it after Lawrenceburg Coach complained. Look it up. He blew it.

QUOTE(8aaanut @ May 7 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826453971[/snapback]Is it true that Lawrenceburg coaches and the umpire, first name Tom #23, are fishing buddies? How can he not know that two runners can be on one base at the same time. Lawrenceburg player never tagged either runner. How can he blow this call, argueing the whole time that he is right? He made the correct call at first, but then changed it after Lawrenceburg Coach complained. Look it up. He blew it.

That`s my whole point! I talked to Binns Jordan after the game and he admitted they blew it. Didn`t know the ump and coach were fishing buddies though. That could get interesting!

QUOTE(ozzie smith @ May 7 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826453980[/snapback]That`s my whole point! I talked to Binns Jordan after the game and he admitted they blew it. Didn`t know the ump and coach were fishing buddies though. That could get interesting!

What about the assistant Coach? The question is, does Tom, the umpire, and ANY of the Lawrenceburg coaches have a friendship and/or socialize off the field?

QUOTE(8aaanut @ May 7 2007 - 08:54 PM) 826453971[/snapback]Is it true that Lawrenceburg coaches and the umpire, first name Tom #23, are fishing buddies? How can he not know that two runners can be on one base at the same time. Lawrenceburg player never tagged either runner. How can he blow this call, argueing the whole time that he is right? He made the correct call at first, but then changed it after Lawrenceburg Coach complained. Look it up. He blew it.

did the ump call the runner out also did the trailing runner ever pass the lead runner? if he passed him then its an out if they didnt pass then you MUST tag the trailing runner lead runner has first right to the bag

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 7 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826454068[/snapback]did the ump call the runner out also did the trailing runner ever pass the lead runner? if he passed him then its an out if they didnt pass then you MUST tag the trailing runner lead runner has first right to the bag

No one was tagged on the play . The ump simply blew the call. and no passed anyone( but I did here that the ump felt really bad after the game)