5/9 District 4AAA Semis

Thasmykeez

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ May 9 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826455768[/snapback]Farragut 5

South Doyle 0

Shots

Farragut 14

South Doyle 4

Close game till about 10 into the second half. It was only 1-0 at half time

South Doyle's only real chance to score was when the Farragut keeper kicked the ball right to a SD person and it was basically 2 on 1 for SD. I heard alot of yelling coming from the SD fans. Mostly at the refs.

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 9 2007 - 07:48 PM) 826455828[/snapback]I dont know about Bearden but Farragut came to play tonight and played with a passion i havent seen all season.

Let's hope it is here to stay!

Pinball... lacross? You must be from the north or something! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> (I grew up in Delaware, and lacross was big up there. Don't see a whole lot of that down here, though)

QUOTE(BigG @ May 9 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826455840[/snapback]Pinball... lacross? You must be from the north or something! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> (I grew up in Delaware, and lacross was big up there. Don't see a whole lot of that down here, though)

I like lacrosse too pinball. Are you going to the NCAA Championships? I have been the last 5 years. It is great.

Farragut played really well tonight. King was right when he said it was close. I was kind of surprised that it didn't stay 1-0 the whole time. Farragut had some good chances but couldn't put it away, but they made up for it in the 2nd half.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 9 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826455848[/snapback]I like lacrosse too pinball. Are you going to the NCAA Championships? I have been the last 5 years. It is great.

Farragut played really well tonight. King was right when he said it was close. I was kind of surprised that it didn't stay 1-0 the whole time. Farragut had some good chances but couldn't put it away, but they made up for it in the 2nd half.

Farragut played very well tonight.. good luck to you all the rest of the season

QUOTE(OnThePitch @ May 8 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826454459[/snapback][south Doyle is no match for Farragut, even when they miss as much as they do. Beaerden will beat Seveir County by 4.

My Guess Bearden -4-0 over Seveir County

Farragut 4-1 over South Doyle

I was close.............Real Close

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ May 8 2007 - 01:03 PM) 826454431[/snapback]The last time Bearden and Sevier C played the coach benched the entire starting line-up for Bearden. It was because they were playing sloppy and weak. I think the Bearden players will have that in mind for this game.

I say Bearden takes this one 3-1.

I had predicted that Farragut would lose to Oak Ridge and I was right about it. Some teams just don't match up well against other teams. I see the same thing with this game. I believe the strength of South Doyle is the thing that give Farragut fits. I also see how the forwards for Farragut get easily frustrated when they play someone who gives them some resistence. ( Bearden, Oak Ridge, CAK,...for example) It's all easy when you score 3 goals against a lesser team, but see what happens when they have competition. South Doyle also plays on a football field so that is even. Other than Farragut having played a tougher schedule, I see these 2 teams as fairly balanced........... I say South Doyle 2 - Farragut 1.

Good luck to all!!

Wow good prediction about Farragut. You couldnt have been more wrong. Congrats!!!

I really thought SD had the team this year to knock off one of the top teams in the district. I guess they put a little too much emphasis on the rankings and forgot that you still have to play the game. I also think that the lack of competition on SD's schedule hurt them in the tournament. Maybe next season they'll beef up their schedule and be more ready come tournament time.

And why don't you guys lay off Pseudo, he simply made a pick against the majority. I give him props for standing up and making a bold prediction. After all, he is entitled to his opinion.

Good luck to Farragut and Bearden. I'm sure this won't be the last time they will meet.