Battle of the Bluff Round 2

TheBigPenquin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 10 2007 - 08:21 AM) 826456323[/snapback]I agree, after playing CAK this season I have a new respect for them. They play so well as a team and play with so much heart. To me Catholic is just alot of good players playing together but not as a team. I think it will be 2-0 CAK

Who do you play for? I play for CAK so thanks for your kind words about our team.

QUOTE(BigG @ May 10 2007 - 07:27 AM) 826456271[/snapback]CAK and Catholic changed their game time to an hour earlier for the last conflict... if anyone should change, it should be Bearden Farragut, and I don't see that happening.

I agree with Kaz... this will be a low scoring game.

Big G-

I wasn't trying to make this a battle of "who should change?" I was just inquiring as to whether or not this was possible. If I knew Wright's or Turner's screen name, I would ask them the same question. I do not, so I asked you. Sorry to those who think I am trying to imply that AA/A schools should change their schedule for AAA schools. I honestly just would love to see both games, and I think both games are equally "must sees." Having big crowds at both games would be good for Knoxville soccer.

One more thing--another reason that I asked was because you mentioned that you are good friends with Culbreth.

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 10 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826456673[/snapback]Big G-

I wasn't trying to make this a battle of "who should change?" I was just inquiring as to whether or not this was possible. If I knew Wright's or Turner's screen name, I would ask them the same question. I do not, so I asked you. Sorry to those who think I am trying to imply that AA/A schools should change their schedule for AAA schools. I honestly just would love to see both games, and I think both games are equally "must sees." Having big crowds at both games would be good for Knoxville soccer.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry I sounded grumpy in my response (though teaching 6th graders with only 5 days of school left tends to lead one into grumpiness). I did not take it to be an affront to A/AA soccer being "less than" AAA. I think coaches are more open to change regular season times than to change district finals... more on the line, maybe? We actually tried to schedule it for Thursday night, but there was a conflict.

I don't think Coach Turner has a screen name, though I am not totally sure. Since I am not the host, it doesn't really matter anyway, though I don't think I would ask Coach Leader to change since they were gracious enough to work around our schedule. SO... I guess you guys will have to pick!

Dins, you need to come to the CAK game so you can introduce yourself! I'll be the one with the visor on standing on the sidelines... the code phrase is "Hoya wears women's undergarments".

QUOTE(BigG @ May 10 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826456675[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry I sounded grumpy in my response (though teaching 6th graders with only 5 days of school left tends to lead one into grumpiness). I did not take it to be an affront to A/AA soccer being "less than" AAA. I think coaches are more open to change regular season times than to change district finals... more on the line, maybe? We actually tried to schedule it for Thursday night, but there was a conflict.

I don't think Coach Turner has a screen name, though I am not totally sure. Since I am not the host, it doesn't really matter anyway, though I don't think I would ask Coach Leader to change since they were gracious enough to work around our schedule. SO... I guess you guys will have to pick!

Dins, you need to come to the CAK game so you can introduce yourself! I'll be the one with the visor on standing on the sidelines... the code phrase is "Hoya wears women's undergarments".

I actually might come to the CAK/Catholic game regardless of whether or not they conflict. I have seen Bearden and Farragut so many times that I feel like I am watching and stressing over my own players.

Is Hoya Catholic's coach?!

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 10 2007 - 05:10 PM) 826456684[/snapback]Is Hoya Catholic's coach?!

He likes to think he is /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> No, but I believe he actually helped coach them a few years back. His son played at Catholic and now plays at Maryville College with one of my grads. I think Hoya also coached or managed several of my former players' club team. Don't tell anyone, but I actually consider him a good friend. (I also like to give him a hard time, too.)