Bearden/Farragut predictions

dins8

I bet no one predicted a Farragut/Bearden district title game! Wow, was this one a shocker or what?

I figured I would be the first to take a stab at Friday night.

Farragut and Bearden's teams this year almost seem oxymoronic when they are on the pitch at the same time. Bearden defends tirelessly, is content with the long ball, and they finish their chances. Paradoxically, Farragut defends occasionally, enjoys a more attractive and possession oriented game, and seems to fire shots everywhere but on net. Moreover, Bearden has been patient this year, and they remain focused in the second half to maturely snatch a one goal game. Contrarily, Farragut has a gnack for both rising and sinking with the occasion (they either blow a team out or play down to a weaker team's level (Oak Ridge)).

Fortunately, for Farragut, this is a game that they will need to rise for. When you cross the Ts and dot the Is on a scouting report for each team, it is definitely Farragut who gives you more of the headache. They outmatch you at almost every position, and if they are on their game, they have the ability to embarrass you.

I predicted a 3-2 Bearden win the first game this year, and I got slammed by Farragut fans for my audacity. You should have seen my pompous chuckle when the final score was 3-2. Well, guess what? I think it is going to be a Farragut win on Friday. Someone, whether it has been Culbreth or Wright, has somehow seemed to tame the egoes over the last few games. No way would I have predicted them to spank a talented and senior-dominated South Doyle side. I wasn't there, but the score seems to indicate that Farragut is gelling at the perfect time. Playing also to their advantage is a wide Bearden field. I still think Bearden's pitch benefits Farragut more because of their speed of play, and let's be honest, there is not really much of a home field advantage--both teams will have a raucous and ostentatious crowd on hand.

Both teams are focused and know what they are playing for. I think Bearden's streak ends on Friday.

All in good fun,

Farragut 2-1

Best to both teams; I will be there!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 10 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826456216[/snapback]I still think Bearden's pitch benefits Farragut more because of their speed of play, and let's be honest, there is not really much of a home field advantage--both teams will have a raucous and ostentatious crowd on hand.

I completely agree, both teams will have hundreds of fans making the same amount of noise. Should be a great game tomorrow night. I think this might be an overtime game..maybe even Penalty Kicks. This game is too close to call for me

The atmosphere at this game is going to be electric! The styles of these teams are so different it is hard to predict the outcome. You have Bearden with the bunker style defense who just frustrates the heck out of everyone and gets enough goals just to have a 1 or 2 goal win. Then you have Farragut who possesses and moves the ball around with speed and can shoot from just about anywhere.

This game is going to be much different from the first meeting. Both teams have played each other and they have seen them play for a full season now, so nothing will come unexpected in this game. I would like to say that this game is to hard to call, but where's the fun in that? Like Pinball said, this game is going to be a tie or a 1 goal game. Bearden will get Farragut late in the game in transition to put it away with only minutes remaining.

Bearden 2

Farragut 1

Good luck to both!

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 10 2007 - 07:07 AM) 826456216[/snapback]I bet no one predicted a Farragut/Bearden district title game! Wow, was this one a shocker or what?

Farragut and Bearden's teams this year almost seem oxymoronic when they are on the pitch at the same time. Bearden defends tirelessly, is content with the long ball, and they finish their chances. Paradoxically, Farragut defends occasionally, enjoys a more attractive and possession oriented game, and seems to fire shots everywhere but on net. Moreover, Bearden has been patient this year, and they remain focused in the second half to maturely snatch a one goal game. Contrarily, Farragut has a gnack for both rising and sinking with the occasion (they either blow a team out or play down to a weaker team's level (Oak Ridge)).

Fortunately, for Farragut, this is a game that they will need to rise for. When you cross the Ts and dot the Is on a scouting report for each team, it is definitely Farragut who gives you more of the headache. They outmatch you at almost every position, and if they are on their game, they have the ability to embarrass you.

I predicted a 3-2 Bearden win the first game this year, and I got slammed by Farragut fans for my audacity. You should have seen my pompous chuckle when the final score was 3-2. Well, guess what? I think it is going to be a Farragut win on Friday. Someone, whether it has been Culbreth or Wright, has somehow seemed to tame the egoes over the last few games. No way would I have predicted them to spank a talented and senior-dominated South Doyle side. I wasn't there, but the score seems to indicate that Farragut is gelling at the perfect time. Playing also to their advantage is a wide Bearden field. I still think Bearden's pitch benefits Farragut more because of their speed of play, and let's be honest, there is not really much of a home field advantage--both teams will have a raucous and ostentatious crowd on hand.

Both teams are focused and know what they are playing for. I think Bearden's streak ends on Friday.

All in good fun,

Farragut 2-1

Bearden is a team that waits for you to make a mistake. i believe that if farragut makes even one mistake in the defense bearden will catch it and take advantage. we played bearden and we made just five mistakes in the defense. the score was 5-0. my prediction is bearden 3-1

QUOTE(dins8 @ May 10 2007 - 06:07 AM) 826456216[/snapback]I bet no one predicted a Farragut/Bearden district title game! Wow, was this one a shocker or what?

All in good fun,

Farragut 2-1

Although i think that farragut will out shoot bearden, i think that bearden will win 4-2. Both teams will be playing 110%, and there should be a ton of fans from both sides, should be a very good game to attend. Im going to try and make it for the end of it.

I haven't seen Bearden play recently, but I know Farragut is playing really well and if they're on, I think they'll win. They definitely have the talent to win it, but if they don't show up with their best effort, I think Bearden will come away with it.

Farragut 3 Bearden 2

quote name='ah20' date='May 10 2007 - 12:54 PM' post='826456583']

I haven't seen Bearden play recently, but I know Farragut is playing really well and if they're on, I think they'll win. They definitely have the talent to win it, but if they don't show up with their best effort, I think Bearden will come away with it.

QUOTE(ValverdeTDF07 @ May 10 2007 - 05:54 PM) 826456711[/snapback]Farragut brings the heat and wins 3-1. Farragut scores a late goal after Bearden has pushed all the way up.

Has Bearden ever pushed all the way up? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />