cak vs. catholic part III

The Zon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Zon @ May 15 2007 - 07:51 PM) 826459827[/snapback]who will win this time around. thursday 7 at catholic

Catholic ??“ CAK Rivalry by the numbers (Senior Classes)

07 District Finals: Catholic 1-1 (penalty kick win, Derosa has three saves)

07 Regular Season: Catholic 1-0 (ck goal by Martinez)

06 State Final: CAK 1-0

06 Region Final: CAK 2-1 (OT, game winner by Sam Ferguson direct kick)

06 District Final: Catholic 2-0

06 Regular Season: tie 0-0 (first time in same classification??¦only boring game between these teams)

05 Regular Season: CAK 1-0 (Tarr scores first HS goal)

04 Regular Season: Catholic 2-0

Summary:

Catholic: 4 wins (one via pks)

CAK: 3 wins

1 tie

Total Goals:

Catholic 7

CAK 5

Shutouts (75% of time one goal would have been enough to win):

Catholic 4

CAK 3

3/8 games ended regulation tied, only one game decided by more than one goal...

I don't know about this one, it could go either way. Last night CAK was very patient and did a good job moving off the ball and possesing, and getting everyone involved. I think Tarr or Pifer will get a goal for CAK. I think Neiri or Martinez will get a goal for Catholic. Catholic's field is certainly a disadvantage to CAK's style of play (In that I mean that CAK uses the whole width of the field). Both teams have very strong goal keepers, defenses, midfield, and fowards. But CAK's defense is stronger than Catholic's. I think that it could go into pks or will be very close, but I feel that CAK will be more fired up and hungrier for every ball, will want the ball more inside the 18's, and will leave everything on the field. But Catholic's dead ball plays are very good and have plenty of size for targets on corners and direct kicks. But in the end I feel that CAK will pull it out 2-0 or 2-1.

I will stick with Catholic in this one 1-0, even though it will be tough for them to get up again for this one. It is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row, but if they can it might put some doubt in the Warriors for the next match up(If it happens). Both teams are playing pretty soccer at the right time of the year and it should be a good game to watch.

QUOTE(reaction @ May 17 2007 - 10:15 AM) 826461017[/snapback]I'm going with CAK in OT.

Whattttt!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Hey, my friend, are you coming to the match?