Oakland vs. Coffee Co.

braves4life

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(oaklandPOWER @ May 17 2007 - 08:24 PM) 826461428[/snapback]I was sitting up top last night by one of the head umpires (i'm going to keep his name off the boards) of the either the Middle TN region or maybe the entire state but he said not only did the pitcher balk when the umpire called it, he balked the first time he tried the fake to 3rd/ fake to 1st move. I know this sounds biased but i'm not trying to be i'm just saying what the man said. He said the reason is because the rule states the pitcher has to "gain ground" towards 3rd on any attempt to pick off a runner, whether he throws it or not. Apparently the pitcher must not have gained ground.

Sounds like an opinion and you know what they say about those. You can not call the game from the stands. My opinion is, it's time to play the games.

It would be nice to get there and have a re-match with Oakland...two very good teams.....what the umpire told coach Jones on the balk call was that the pitcher stepped towards the plate and not towards third.....and anyone watching the game knows that didn't happen. But what upsets me the most is that wasn't his call...there were two other umpires in much better position to make that call and neither one of them said a word.....

CC lost...does not matter if it is close or you got drilled. There are alot of other areas of the game that probably played into the loss that no one is mentioning.

CC is evidently playing good ball right now, peeking at the right time. Put the loss behind you, forget about it and try and win a trip to the state tourn. which is unfamiliar ground for CC boys athletics.

QUOTE(icecold06 @ May 17 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826461058[/snapback]it's funny how Oakland is probably the favorite to win it all Riverdale Softball has a good chance to win it all and Blacmkman will make some noise in soccer seems to be a special year for Rutherford CO. sports not to mention Smyrna football and Riverdale girls basketball

Siegel tennis /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

First time I've been to baseball boards. Good to see the Pats got the win. 2p I saw a big group of O'land kids at Toots night before last celebrating the win (Chaisson was with them...kinda random but was good to see him). Hopefully Oakland will go all the way this year. Murfreesboro is loaded this year it seems. Good luck to both teams but I will be rooting for Oakland's boys, as I have played with a few of them myself

QUOTE(nation_supp89 @ May 18 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826462015[/snapback]Siegel tennis /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

First time I've been to baseball boards. Good to see the Pats got the win. 2p I saw a big group of O'land kids at Toots night before last celebrating the win (Chaisson was with them...kinda random but was good to see him). Hopefully Oakland will go all the way this year. Murfreesboro is loaded this year it seems. Good luck to both teams but I will be rooting for Oakland's boys, as I have played with a few of them myself

and Riverdale track who won the Bowling State tourny

QUOTE(chs4life @ May 18 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826461850[/snapback]Sounds like an opinion and you know what they say about those. You can not call the game from the stands. My opinion is, it's time to play the games.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT A SHOWCASE IN MANCHESTER SUNDAY