First Class A-AA qualifies for state

NSIndiansFan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 19 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826463103[/snapback]In Chattanooga it was sunny and 61 degrees at 9:06 am. Beautiful weather.

Northside will play Chattanooga Christian.

Haywood tried to get the game for 2:00, but coach from North Side would not have it. Was not much difference in the temp from 2-4. North Side had been a class act until all of this happened.

They knew yesterday morning that it was going to be a forfeit. North Side would have beaten Haywood, but at least play the darn game. What goes around will come around, and it will come around to North Side next Wed. No way they will beat Chat. Christ. Do not see it. They will see the flaw in NS back defense and it will be over with quick.

By not playing today, it brought back some of the chapman era days. The coach from Haywood is a good coach and nice guy. SHOULD HAVE PLAYED THE GAME!

By the way, I heard the ref's in the Madison game was not up to par. What about LB 19?

Can Westview get by Notre Dame or Knoxville Cath.

Lynette Anthony is a class act. An 11 a.m. start is an unreasonable time. A normal soccer game begins between the hours of 4 and 6 p.m. I would understand Svebakken wanting to change it if she would have set a wierd time like 8 p.m. or an 11 a.m. And what kind of an excuse is going to see a graduation (unless it is your own graduation) and the excuse of going on vacation. We would all like to take vacation and I know for sure that North Side players had graduations to go to also. And it is not like members of North Side do not have jobs. So say this was a classless act is wrong. The coaches have talked today and there is no bad blood. And for Wednesday, North Side has as good a chance as any come Wednesday against Chattanooga Christian. Bring home the Gold to West Tenn! Svebakken is a nice guy (I agree). Westview has a chance if Middleton is playing like he did tonight, he is a great player.

I don't know the reasoning behind this, but I find it really frustrating that a team gets a forfeit win to enter the state tournament. I know that Alcoa or Seymour would have driven across the state and played at any time, regardless of graduation or vacation or what have you.

I am not trying to put blame on any team. But by not playing this game, you save the risk of upsets, injuries, fatigue etc. (something which 7 of the 8 teams had to fight through) I can't believe that the TSSAA didn't step in and try to work things out like they did with Farragut and Science Hill last year.

QUOTE(NSIndiansFan @ May 19 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826463173[/snapback]Lynette Anthony is a class act. An 11 a.m. start is an unreasonable time. A normal soccer game begins between the hours of 4 and 6 p.m. I would understand Svebakken wanting to change it if she would have set a wierd time like 8 p.m. or an 11 a.m. And what kind of an excuse is going to see a graduation (unless it is your own graduation) and the excuse of going on vacation. We would all like to take vacation and I know for sure that North Side players had graduations to go to also. And it is not like members of North Side do not have jobs. So say this was a classless act is wrong. The coaches have talked today and there is no bad blood. And for Wednesday, North Side has as good a chance as any come Wednesday against Chattanooga Christian. Bring home the Gold to West Tenn! Svebakken is a nice guy (I agree). Westview has a chance if Middleton is playing like he did tonight, he is a great player.

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> 11 A.M. is not unreasonable

dude my kids played 3 games on a sunday 9:00 Smyrna, 1:00 Henry Co 5:00 Red Bank

the 1st 2 games in sleet with only 15 players and won all 3 games

THE KIDS NEVER COMPLAINED ONCE

being a north side player we wanted to play this game just as bad as anyone else...but when your coach tries to get the game moved to 11am because your players have to go out of town and work then that is ridiculous. this was not classless and the decision was left up to our athletic director so if you want to have bad blood then call him and complain but being a player this is definitely not the way i wanted to get to the state tournament...we have jobs too we just get business taken care of

QUOTE(madisonLB @ May 19 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826463076[/snapback]westview won a 5 goal thriller against madison tonight... westview honestly had about 3 or 4 shots in the whole game and scored 3, while madison had about 25-30 chances and could not take advantage... final score: Westview 3-2 Madison being a madison player it is my opinion the better team did not win today(as jose mourinho always says)

What was the reason Madison lost? Sounds like you dominated the midfield. Was you goalie weak? Did the forwards have an off night?

It is the Home team that gets to choose. The Notre Dame team's seniors did not get to go to Baccalaureat(can't spell it) because they had to play it at SC at 4.00pm. If ND had won against CCS they would have picked the game time.

As far as not being able to play at a certain time, the players usually do not schedule anything new on state soocer days because they have no idea what time the game will be........

I am not saying that 11 a.m. is not an unreasonable time. THe point I was trying to make is that the game time set by North Side was not unreasonable. If the shoe was on the other foot and Haywood would have been hosting and set the game time to 11 a.m. and North Side would have needed it moved, the result would have been the same. The game time is set by the home school bottom line. I know that North Side did not want to enter state this way, but that is how it happened.

Ok, apparently madisonlb couldn't see the entire field from where he was playing. madison did not dominate the game. westview played soccer. what they didn't show in the northside game they brought to madison. they passed, they shot and they won. and only 3-4 shots on goal is a joke. most of the chances madison got were from throw-ins they had because of wv defender mistakes. westview didn't rely on booting the ball down the field so their forwards could run onto it and try to score. also, madisonlb forgot to mention their first goal was a pk for a foul in the box that was questionable at best. and what's up with Doug Senna (?) the center ref that madisonlb has always said lost the game for them. he over-ruled his linesman and most of the time it was in madison's favor. and towards the end of the game when madison was getting frustrated there was a nasty tackle from behind by one of the madison midfielders and senna didn't even call a foul. looks to me that senna was the 12th man on the field for madison. what madisonlb should be talking about is how well madison played this year after losing all but a few of their starters. they were aggressive and continued to improve all season. It doesn't matter anyway because northside is still the best team in the west no doubt!!