Marshall County vs USJ in Round #1!

necvol

QUOTE(highheat @ May 22 2007 - 09:18 AM) 826464491[/snapback]Old Timer, if you are not listening on ESPN 96.5, feel free to call me for updates. I know you have my Cell # in your phone because you called me for a ride a couple of weekends ago when you were having a little vehicle trouble on Pleasant Plains Extended.

Go Bruins!!!

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Appreciated the gesture then and now. I plan on listening to 96.5, but will call if I want to "really" hear the crowd.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I look at this game today is that I know for a fact that USJ is not as Great as Mobie,Ala. The Tigers should know that they won't be facing a team of that kind of caliber!

Parents just want bragging rights on how much they make a year.

In fact, Marshall Co Senior clases over the Years have got over a Million dollars in scholarships each year and they are a Public School. So there is no difference.

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ May 22 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826464587[/snapback]The way I look at this game today is that I know for a fact that USJ is not as Great as Mobie,Ala. The Tigers should know that they won't be facing a team of that kind of caliber!

In fact, Marshall Co Senior clases over the Years have got over a Million dollars in scholarships each year and they are a Public School. So there is no difference.

I don't recall seeing anything about what parents make a year, just that 100% of the graduating class was getting scholarships. Anyways, this forum is for doing a little bragging and boasting.....everyone knows or should know by now that the game still has to be played and that BOTH teams are deserving of where they are today.

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ May 22 2007 - 12:33 PM) 826464587[/snapback]The way I look at this game today is that I know for a fact that USJ is not as Great as Mobie,Ala. The Tigers should know that they won't be facing a team of that kind of caliber!

How many years? Was that just M.C.H.S. or all of our High Schools in the mix?I know if Forrest did'nt have such a Great Lions Club backing we would still be in the porta potty stage! Great parent support also got the job done. I see a big difference, if you can afford the private go for it. Really up to the kids to make the grade private/public. Good luck to both teams but I say GO TIGERS!!!

There is a forum for Public vs Private debate so any additional comments can be posted there. I am surprised that the moderators have let the posts remain in the Baseball forum.

It should be a great game today where public vs private baseball will be contested. Both teams have great players, coaches, and fans that will give it their all today. Winning that first game in bracket play is very important, but even the loser will live to play tomorrow in the double-elimination tournament. The winner will get a little later starting time tomorrow against the winner of Marion Co. and Gibbs. I will be leaving for Smyrna shortly so no more posts from me until much later tonight.

Ball game! USJ 4 - Tigers 2! Tigers play tomorrow morning at 10am. Good luck tigers! The tigers have a TOUGH road ahead now but they are far from out of this thing. This same tigers team knows you can battle out of the losers bracket, they learned that last summer.

Yea they won, but I thought they were going to be better!! I don't really see USJ winning the championship. Marshall I thought was the better team but came up with the loss. What happened to that Erroless defense? Don't get me wrong USJ shortstop was Great! Marshall out hit USJ 8-6. Tough loss for the Tigers.

Good Luck to both teams tomorrow.

If USJ is the best team in the tourney, then the field is very weak. They played solid ball, but I would love to see them play against Lintz when he has a little more rest. As for someone saying the two pitchers for MC are just decent, why have scouts been watching them all year?