Marshall County vs USJ in Round #1!

necvol

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BaseballthruNthru @ May 22 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826464881[/snapback]Nope!

USJ plays Gibbs tomorrow.....

Let me say that today's game was a great one. MC has a very very good team with very good coaching. Lintz is an impressive pitcher, I look forward to hearing more from him in the future. USJ's pitchers did not pitch bad, but MC's batters made each little mistake pay. Good luck the rest of the tourny guys.

Page Man, we sent you that diet coke, hope you enjoyed it. See ya next game.

Congrats on the win Bruins, now focus on tomorrow. Good luck to everyone. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lintz is a very good looking pitcher and Marshall County showed why they are in the State Tourney. USJ did not play one of their better games but I attribute much of that to the fine Marshall County team. I hope Marshall County comes out of the one loss bracket and we get a re-match.

Way to battle Bruins! Good win! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ May 22 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826464751[/snapback]Yea they won, but I thought they were going to be better!! I don't really see USJ winning the championship. Marshall I thought was the better team but came up with the loss. What happened to that Erroless defense? Don't get me wrong USJ shortstop was Great! Marshall out hit USJ 8-6. Tough loss for the Tigers.

Good Luck to both teams tomorrow.

I think USJ normally does look better, but this is the state tournament, and MC was very good competition. Don't forget, MC had 7 @ bats, and USJ only took 6. We will never know what the final bat could have brought. Lintz is very good, but did start to look a little tired by the 7th. He has done a lot of pitching in one week. Tough game to lose. I agree, Good luck tomorrow to both teams. They both have a lot of fine boys. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(mcfan10 @ May 22 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826464781[/snapback]If USJ is the best team in the tourney, then the field is very weak. They played solid ball, but I would love to see them play against Lintz when he has a little more rest. As for someone saying the two pitchers for MC are just decent, why have scouts been watching them all year?

I'll have to admit that Lintz is a very impressive pitcher. USJ usually shows off more with the bats - no doubt a result of good pitching tonight. But a great team should not have to ride the backs of 1 or 2 pitchers. If your #1 is tired, should be able to throw #2, if #2 is tired, etc. USJ has at least 2 or 3 or 4 strong games left without having to break anyone's back.

It is nice to know that not all USJ fans are mean. Thanks for the compliments. I hope to see USJ again. I really think that the coaching staff for Marshall Co made a big mistake by not pitching Stoltz. Lintz was on 4 days rest and I could tell that he didn't have his speed like usual. What do you think Pageman? Good Luck tomorrow Tigers and USJ.

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ May 22 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826464972[/snapback]It is nice to know that not all USJ fans are mean. Thanks for the compliments. I hope to see USJ again. I really think that the coaching staff for Marshall Co made a big mistake by not pitching Stoltz. Lintz was on 4 days rest and I could tell that he didn't have his speed like usual. What do you think Pageman? Good Luck tomorrow Tigers and USJ.

Lintz pitched a good game but I know he had to be tired, however from various scouts there his volicity was way upper 80's. I was impressed with the Marshall Co team. They are very talented.

Lintz may have been tired but I guarantee he brought his best. He started to tire in the later innings but all it took were a few key base hits by the tigers and this game goes the other way. MC left 7 men on base to USJ's 4. MC also had more errors, dont remember if any of USJ's runs were unearned but that is the ballgame right there. I dont disagree with throwing your ace, especially in the first game of state tourny. That first win is crucial and I know Stoltz is an awesome #2, but I will have to agree with Coach G throwing Lintz.

QUOTE(nob4upost @ May 22 2007 - 11:59 PM) 826465010[/snapback]Lintz pitched a good game but I know he had to be tired, however from various scouts there his volicity was way upper 80's. I was impressed with the Marshall Co team. They are very talented.

Lintz is not the only pitcher that was tired...you just go out there and do your best and that is what Lintz did

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ May 22 2007 - 11:16 PM) 826464972[/snapback]It is nice to know that not all USJ fans are mean. Thanks for the compliments. I hope to see USJ again. I really think that the coaching staff for Marshall Co made a big mistake by not pitching Stoltz. Lintz was on 4 days rest and I could tell that he didn't have his speed like usual. What do you think Pageman? Good Luck tomorrow Tigers and USJ.

True, but alot of people on here are promoting Wed thru Sun tourney set up so that #1's can pitch Wed and then Sun. That's only 3 days rest. Lintz is a very good pitcher and MC a good team, but MC has rode that horse hard the last week just to get here. I hope he has enough gallop to go again. Everyone likes to see good talent and good baseball on display at the State Tourney. Good luck the rest of the way MC.

Go Bruins!!!