South Doyle Fans?

Mi Kees

Am I the only Cherokee fan that posts here? I know their are others who watch and live vicariously /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> We are so proud of you guys and you are the BUZZ of this community. Anything you do at state will only be extra from the memories of this season. Central High has a picture of their state champ baseball team hanging in their gym. Guys like Todd Helton, Bubba Trammel, Freeman, Bolton. We hope to look back in the future and see your picture up, with our kids saying Look it's Bell, Holland, Brentz, Zurcher, Conley, Fowler, Roberts, Turpin, Haun, Kirkland, Fear, Baker Coaches Howard, Browning, Norris, Jacobs and other faces that we may not know well now that will be a part of this team. Good luck guys and OH by the way GOOOOOOOOO KEEEEEEES! Show them what you are made of.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 20 2007 - 08:44 PM) 826463764[/snapback]Am I the only Cherokee fan that posts here? I know their are others who watch and live vicariously /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> We are so proud of you guys and you are the BUZZ of this community. Anything you do at state will only be extra from the memories of this season. Central High has a picture of their state champ baseball team hanging in their gym. Guys like Todd Helton, Bubba Trammel, Freeman, Bolton. We hope to look back in the future and see your picture up, with our kids saying Look it's Bell, Holland, Brentz, Zurcher, Conley, Fowler, Roberts, Turpin, Haun, Kirkland, Fear, Baker Coaches Howard, Browning, Norris, Jacobs and other faces that we may not know well now that will be a part of this team. Good luck guys and OH by the way GOOOOOOOOO KEEEEEEES! Show them what you are made of.

Don't forget Ryan White, you left him out. I have watched him play for years and I believe that lineup would have been even stronger with him in it. Someone said he tore his ACL, but would be back next year. I am sure it is hard to sit and watch his team play for the state championship as well as Cody Hawn sitting watching also.

QUOTE(Hammer Head @ May 21 2007 - 06:39 AM) 826463866[/snapback]Don't forget Ryan White, you left him out. I have watched him play for years and I believe that lineup would have been even stronger with him in it. Someone said he tore his ACL, but would be back next year. I am sure it is hard to sit and watch his team play for the state championship as well as Cody Hawn sitting watching also.

I knew I would forget someone. White is a junior I think and he was missed. We all missed seeing Cody hit this year. These two are still part of this team and should share in all their triumphs. 5 D1 signees and 3 D2 signees show how strong this class is. Too bad 3 of the guys have to go to the other end of the state to play D1 ball and 1 stays in the SEC, just no here. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And 1 more thing while I am on a roll. I have seen a lot of Memphis Tiger apparel popping up here in South Knoxville. Bell, Holland, and Zurcher will be playing for the Tigers. Observe them at state this week and let me know what Memphis saw in them that (others) didn't. Cody will be playing for Arkansas next year and he is one of the best hitters I have ever seen since the age of 12.

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 21 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826463907[/snapback]And 1 more thing while I am on a roll. I have seen a lot of Memphis Tiger apparel popping up here in South Knoxville. Bell, Holland, and Zurcher will be playing for the Tigers. Observe them at state this week and let me know what Memphis saw in them that (others) didn't. Cody will be playing for Arkansas next year and he is one of the best hitters I have ever seen since the age of 12.

Will Cody Hawn be able to play (DH) in the state tournament?

QUOTE(cbg @ May 21 2007 - 01:22 PM) 826464035[/snapback]Will Cody Hawn be able to play (DH) in the state tournament?

Cody wants too really bad. I don't think the doc will release him. Maybe he could be like Gibson and Eckersly. That wolud be sweet.

QUOTE(bravos2007 @ May 21 2007 - 05:48 PM) 826464158[/snapback]mi kees did Bell not get any offers from any other schools? I just figured he went there cause of the ppl goin with him and not cause he wasnt offered but if he wasnt that is a complete surprise to me.

I am not on the inside enough to know what offers were there, but I do believe he was overlooked by teams in our area if you know what I mean. He signed after Zurk and before Holland. Memphis will get 3 solid players. 2 left handed pitchers that have good stuff and a kid that would have made the ESPN top plays consistently in Zurk at SS.

well all i know mi kees is that after seeing bell just once if i was ne D1 school i would offer him as he was just dominating against DB and when u only lose 1 game in your high school career in district 4 thats saying something (i heard that stat might be off but has to be close with the stuff he had at sub state) and Memphis could have the start of something special with those 3 players

QUOTE(bravos2007 @ May 21 2007 - 08:08 PM) 826464219[/snapback]well all i know mi kees is that after seeing bell just once if i was ne D1 school i would offer him as he was just dominating against DB and when u only lose 1 game in your high school career in district 4 thats saying something (i heard that stat might be off but has to be close with the stuff he had at sub state) and Memphis could have the start of something special with those 3 players

I agree. I may have to get one of those Memphis Tiger hats to wear. (Baseball only of course) /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(bravos2007 @ May 21 2007 - 07:15 PM) 826464224[/snapback]ne thing but UT for baseball as they let 2 all americans go through their fingers somehow in Haun and Derek Trent and then let a pitcher like Bell i mean give me a break hopefully SD can go down to state and bring it back to East Tenn

Some things never change, look what they did with the Catipano kid last season the D's son played on the same team with him. Until you guy's in Knoxville start screaming at Mike Hamilton nothing is going to change. What could Corbin do at Tennessee where the admission standards are not as high and the tuition is much more reasonable?