South Doyle Fans?

Mi Kees

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 22 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826464523[/snapback]Do you people really think, that UT did not offer these people scholarship, you are insane, they did, you can not help it if kids make decision to go elsewhere, I swear I think some of you all were born in caves

Which kids were offered scholaships from this year from east TN?

QUOTE(bravos2007 @ May 22 2007 - 02:53 PM) 826464609[/snapback]All im saying is that if im UT im goin to try to get local kids if there as good as these kids y waste more on recruiting then u have to

UT and Vandy both made scholarship offers to the Lefty from Mt. Juliet.

He made the decision to go to KY. News reports said his choice was because he felt he could be on the field earlier in KY but at Vandy or UT he might sit on the bench until his senior year.

I could not agree with the kid more. You get better by playing not by picking up splinters and watching others play.

UT recommends to all their baseball camp kids to work on their grades and then to go the JuCo or small college route in order to spend 2 years playing. If they still show promise after a couple years at that level, a bigger college can pick them up after JuCo and they kid will not lose 2 years warming a bench.

It's a tough decision these kids have to make but the ones who really love the game, and are good at it, and are smart will find a good fit at a college where they can play 4 more years.... even if it's not UT or Vandy.

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 22 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826464523[/snapback]Do you people really think, that UT did not offer these people scholarship, you are insane, they did, you can not help it if kids make decision to go elsewhere, I swear I think some of you all were born in caves

The problem is that these (F)antastic (F)ireballing (F)ellows (F)ail to get looks because of southern location in Knoxville. Your friendly caveman that does not wear blue and silver glasses, Sir Admiral.

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 22 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826464523[/snapback]Do you people really think, that UT did not offer these people scholarship, you are insane, they did, you can not help it if kids make decision to go elsewhere, I swear I think some of you all were born in caves

cqg - Many are, trust me. Barring a miracle in the next month, I don't think he's back.

As for the other..........

Actually, most of them probably weren't. Baseball teams are alotted 12.7 scholarships per NCAA rules. I don't know why, but they are. DelMonico has made common practice of using the scholarships on his Florida pipeline and other players out of state and asking many of the good local players to in essence be a walk-on. Now, to be fair, I do not know who is and who is not on scholarship at UT right now on the baseball team. Some local guys very well may be scholarship, I am just using what he has commonly done. That (plus other reasons I have heard through the grapevine not pertinent here) is why many in-state players, including local guys are not going to UT.

So Smyrna is next up for the KEES. I also hear that Gray did not pitch in their win tonight. I will be @ this game tomorrow. I look forward to seeing this kid pitch. I have heard nothing but praise for him on this forum. Keep rollin KEES. We are pulling hard for you around here.

QUOTE(bravos2007 @ May 21 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826464158[/snapback]mi kees did Bell not get any offers from any other schools? I just figured he went there cause of the ppl goin with him and not cause he wasnt offered but if he wasnt that is a complete surprise to me.

offers from UT initially, auburn, then memphis. i own chad bell in anything besides baseball/golf though...especially ping pong