Ravenwood D1 Champions

fromthetop2

QUOTE(simple_stuff @ May 22 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826464746[/snapback]Franklin... Garbage thats all I got to say. Also its funny cause Ravenwood will be garbage next year. So what were you sayin about williamson county?

come on man thats steppin 2 far. everyone can have an opinion there are more teams than just these 2 that are good he just is from the area and probably doesnt watch alot of lacrosse (ive talked with him in football boards hes a good guy give him a break) and i doubt u do either cuz of your lack of respect for 2 very good teams there is no way you can call either one of them garbage...garbage...where have we heard this from...ballasofthesouth or w/e.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(simple_stuff @ May 22 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826464746[/snapback]Franklin... Garbage thats all I got to say. Also its funny cause Ravenwood will be garbage next year. So what were you sayin about williamson county?

Yes, you are simple. I think everyone (including Redtwin) has made good points...except you.

I am so happy that Ravenwood was able to pull off the state championship this year because, as someone has said earlier, it is the perfect example of grassroots to greatness at its best. I hope with all of my heart that Cookeville will be able to do this one day. I agree with Redtwin that most of the DII teams should move up that put up a good showing this year. Franklin, Cookeville, Brentwood, and possibly the two Knox teams should move up. I know for a fact that Cookeville will be having a huge rebuilding year this year, but as someone else said "the only way to get better is by playing the best teams" This will also lure the better athletes of the school to the team. I can only speak from what goes on at Cookeville because I do not really know the other teams, but lax is still considered a 2nd rate sport by most of the coaches, only excluding soccer that I know of. All of the Cookeville lax football players are ragged so hard by the coaches for playing lax that they basically ostercize them for it. Lax has to find more ways of getting more publicity, but that is especially hard in rural areas like Cookeville where football truly is king. So to sum up my rambling, Cookeville, Franklin especially, and Brentwood should all be in DI next year. It will be tough for a couple of years, but that will be worth it for them because they will have to fight to get to the top instead of just destroying the weaker teams of DII.

Seems like someone has something against the Wilco teams considering neither of these teams are garbage. Both will be rebuilding next year but I don't think either of them will fall as far as some think considering they both have strong JV teams and great coaching staffs. Ravenwood also has an advantage having good coordination with Woodland, which has a great middle school program. And I agree with rdvlax. That was pointless.

Let's see...Simple joined in Mar, 2005 and this is the second posting. Maybe we'll be lucky and get to wait another year for the next brilliant comment.