Forrest VS FCS

29sdad

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 30 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826468995[/snapback]I guess that is the difference between you and I. Forrest didn't win our district, make the state, and finish runner up to a strong TCA because they had an alleged illegal player. They went that far because they are well coached, have several strong players, have excellent pitching, are well-funded, and have a community that is behind them whole-heartedly. What got me so worked up about the initial accusations is that a couple of FCS fans are taking away from what these girls and coaches accomplished this season by whining about one players legality. Instead of coming on here and tainting these girls, why don't you contact TSSAA and report them? It serves no good purpose to get on these boards and belittle everything that team did this season. Is it so hard these days to except the fact that the other team just might of been better without trying to pick apart the reasons you lost? I don't know how we can expect our kids to grow up and act like mature adults when we aren't setting a better example. I love to win just as much as the next person, but I'm going to pat him on the back and tell him good game when I feel I did all I could do and it wasn't enough.

As for us Cascade fans wanting the TSSAA to step in and punish them, if one illegal infielder caused us to lose to them by an average of over 6 runs each meeting, then that girl has a very bright future! I can assure you as a Tennessee fan, the win we were given over Alabama when they had to forfeit the entire season in the 90's wasn't even on the radar compared to the win we got when Peyton Manning beat them! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree with a lot of what you say. Forrest is a very well coached team. They have several strong players including a great pitcher and they have a great following and always have in all sports which helps lead to their success.

My comment about Cascade finishing second to Forrest in the district was meant as a hypothetical situation. I know Cascade had a real good team this year and I heard they had some key injuries that really hurt but I really don't know where Cascade finished in the district.

Lets forget about Forrest for a minute. If Cascade finished runner-up to Eagleville (I think they are in your district) and Cascade lost two one run games to Eagleville in the regular season and then Cascade beat Eagleville in the district tournament championship. Then Eagleville won their way back to you in the region finals and beat you by one run again with a player that Cascade had found out was probably ineligible would you still pat them on the back and tell them good game and feel good because you did all you could do?

It sounds like from you Forrest pretty well spanked everyone in their district and they may have. When I look at the box scores in the state tournament I see Forrest beat Whitwell 4-3 by scoring two runs in the bottom of the seventh in which the tying run was scored by the player in question after she got a base hit to start the rally. Now if I am a Whitwell parent/coach/or player and I got put in the losers bracket by a team that wasn't legal it would be hard to take. Those kids at Whitwell have worked hard as well for a year to get to that point.

In the whole scheme of things TCS took home the hardware and second is just the first loser. If the girl is eligible great if she isn't then it's probably like you said in your post. It comes down to the parents not setting a good example for their kids by not acting like mature adults. It's not the kids fault. Hopefully the TSSAA will step in soon and put this to bed one way or the other, if it has even been reported.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lady DawgDad @ May 30 2007 - 11:57 AM) 826469061[/snapback]I agree with a lot of what you say. Forrest is a very well coached team. They have several strong players including a great pitcher and they have a great following and always have in all sports which helps lead to their success.

My comment about Cascade finishing second to Forrest in the district was meant as a hypothetical situation. I know Cascade had a real good team this year and I heard they had some key injuries that really hurt but I really don't know where Cascade finished in the district.

Lets forget about Forrest for a minute. If Cascade finished runner-up to Eagleville (I think they are in your district) and Cascade lost two one run games to Eagleville in the regular season and then Cascade beat Eagleville in the district tournament championship. Then Eagleville won their way back to you in the region finals and beat you by one run again with a player that Cascade had found out was probably ineligible would you still pat them on the back and tell them good game and feel good because you did all you could do?

It sounds like from you Forrest pretty well spanked everyone in their district and they may have. When I look at the box scores in the state tournament I see Forrest beat Whitwell 4-3 by scoring two runs in the bottom of the seventh in which the tying run was scored by the player in question after she got a base hit to start the rally. Now if I am a Whitwell parent/coach/or player and I got put in the losers bracket by a team that wasn't legal it would be hard to take. Those kids at Whitwell have worked hard as well for a year to get to that point.

In the whole scheme of things TCS took home the hardware and second is just the first loser. If the girl is eligible great if she isn't then it's probably like you said in your post. It comes down to the parents not setting a good example for their kids by not acting like mature adults. It's not the kids fault. Hopefully the TSSAA will step in soon and put this to bed one way or the other, if it has even been reported.

Point taken. I still feel this is an issue that should be pursued through the TSSAA is someone is so inclined instead of undermining what the team accomplished on the message boards. That was my main point. Is Whitwell private or public? I think I could accept questioning about eligibility better, coming from a public school since they are indeed bound by player residence restrictions unlike the private school. It was a bit hypocritical for a private to resort to eligibility concerns. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 30 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826469097[/snapback]Point taken. I still feel this is an issue that should be pursued through the TSSAA is someone is so inclined instead of undermining what the team accomplished on the message boards. That was my main point. Is Whitwell private or public? I think I could accept questioning about eligibility better, coming from a public school since they are indeed bound by player residence restrictions unlike the private school. It was a bit hypocritical for a private to resort to eligibility concerns. Just my opinion.

Whitwell is a public school in Marion County.

If the previous school dropped the sport, I'm sure a hardship could be declared and the girl could play elsewhere, the question seems to be if this was done properly. I doubt there was anything under the table or crooked, but you have to follow procedures.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 29 2007 - 06:41 AM) 826468664[/snapback]The fact that the private school supporters who are given every advantage in the world because they are not bound by location or zones when fielding a team would whine about one kid on one public school team is unbelievable! Please remember this child COULDN'T play at Culleoka so she was allowed to play somewhere else. The fact that you people want to come on here and cry about it amazes me! She's a young lady trying to enjoy high school and loves the game that we all claim to love. Take care of your team, quit your whining and play ball!.......

I don't condone this girl playing. I am glad that there was a school that she was able to play for and have fun during her high school years. As far as me "whinning" about it, that would be very hypocritical of me. As much as i hate it when people yell about privates having advantages and privates recruiting it would be horribly wrong of me to complain about the same thing and put anyone else through that treatment of having to defend your school. Sorry if you felt i was doing that.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ May 30 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826469097[/snapback]Point taken. I still feel this is an issue that should be pursued through the TSSAA is someone is so inclined instead of undermining what the team accomplished on the message boards. That was my main point. Is Whitwell private or public? I think I could accept questioning about eligibility better, coming from a public school since they are indeed bound by player residence restrictions unlike the private school. It was a bit hypocritical for a private to resort to eligibility concerns. Just my opinion.

Wow. I have purposely avoided entering this thread for days, but your continual "opinion"...quite honestly... demands a response!

What difference does it make if Whitwell is public or private? (You can't get off your grand theory that private schools recruit). What proof do you have that private schools recruit, other than some poster saying he knows a daddy that told him his daughter had her tuition paid? Does that make it a reliable source? Is it conceivable that the daddy wants everyone to think his darlin had her schoolin paid cause she's such a good athlete? I can't believe anyone would be this naive? Your argument is really getting old. Why make excuses when a team gets beat? Just say we got whipped. Honestly, no one's ever died from losing a softball game!

ALSO, Newsflash!!! It's not a private school that is in question about an ineligle player!! It's a public school. How are you going to feel when/if it's determined that indeed an ineligible player played on your "adopted team"?.

I didn't see where anyone undermined what Forrest accomplished. BUT, if Forrest "accomplished what they accomplished" w/illegal players, then TSSAA should discipline. This should be the case regardless of the school...PRIVATE or PUBLIC. Doesn't matter if the kid was All America or never got off the bench. Doesn't matter if the coach didn't know. (If coach didn't know, it's coachs' fault). I didn't know the gun was loaded, unfortunately don't fly.

As info, anyone that thinks private schools recruit ball players in regards to softball...GET REAL. Private schools recruit students. "Most" struggle to meet costs to exist. Every private school that I am aware of has to fundraise just to have a program each year. If it weren't for the parents of the kids, most privates wouldn't even have the funding to field a team!

No private school (that I know of), has the luxury of such a grand fundraiser as a major tractor pull event that basically finances all of the school's athletic programs. Talk about an advantage. NOW THAT'S AN ADVANTAGE. (Not every town allows such events due to zoning.) Good for Forrest!

Please stop whining...support your team...stay positive...respect your opponents...and lastly, if you want your kid in a private school, then APPLY. I'm sure any private school would be happy to gain another PAYING STUDENT. Otherwise, when a private school beats your public school (on occasion); accept it like an adult and stop making excuses.

QUOTE(Lady DawgDad @ May 29 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826468935[/snapback]Cascade11 this is not a private school/public school debate. This is just simply right or wrong, public school or private school. I only know what I have read on this forum, I don't have a dog in the race. But, if the girl in question played high school softball for Culleoka last year and she tranfered to Forrest this year and she did not move to Chapel Hill she should be ineligible. It doesn't matter how much she is trying to enjoy high school or how much she was done wrong by Culleoka dropping softball this year. I was in the same situation myself back several years ago. I transfered from one school to another and I had to sit out one calender year. I wanted to enjoy my high school as well but I had to do it with one less year of eligibility. It doesn't matter if she is tranferring from Culleoka to Forrest or from Forrest to FCS it has to be done within the TSSAA rules. Like your claim, I love this game as well. I would only want to get beat by teams playing by the same rules as me. If I was a Cascade fan and I had finished second in my district behind a team that had an ineligible player I would be wanting someone to step in and penalize the offending team public or private.

I was told by the AD at Forrest that the player in question also has two brothers that go to Forrest but younger. The whole family gave a change of adress and utliity bills in there name that were in Marshall co. District which clear the player to play.

QUOTE(EAGLES @ May 31 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826469529[/snapback]I was told by the AD at Forrest that the player in question also has two brothers that go to Forrest but younger. The whole family gave a change of adress and utliity bills in there name that were in Marshall co. District which clear the player to play.

Thank you. End of discussion.

QUOTE(outasight @ May 30 2007 - 06:24 PM) 826469263[/snapback]Wow. I have purposely avoided entering this thread for days, but your continual "opinion"...quite honestly... demands a response!

What difference does it make if Whitwell is public or private? (You can't get off your grand theory that private schools recruit). What proof do you have that private schools recruit, other than some poster saying he knows a daddy that told him his daughter had her tuition paid? Does that make it a reliable source? Is it conceivable that the daddy wants everyone to think his darlin had her schoolin paid cause she's such a good athlete? I can't believe anyone would be this naive? Your argument is really getting old. Why make excuses when a team gets beat? Just say we got whipped. Honestly, no one's ever died from losing a softball game!

ALSO, Newsflash!!! It's not a private school that is in question about an ineligle player!! It's a public school. How are you going to feel when/if it's determined that indeed an ineligible player played on your "adopted team"?.

I didn't see where anyone undermined what Forrest accomplished. BUT, if Forrest "accomplished what they accomplished" w/illegal players, then TSSAA should discipline. This should be the case regardless of the school...PRIVATE or PUBLIC. Doesn't matter if the kid was All America or never got off the bench. Doesn't matter if the coach didn't know. (If coach didn't know, it's coachs' fault). I didn't know the gun was loaded, unfortunately don't fly.

As info, anyone that thinks private schools recruit ball players in regards to softball...GET REAL. Private schools recruit students. "Most" struggle to meet costs to exist. Every private school that I am aware of has to fundraise just to have a program each year. If it weren't for the parents of the kids, most privates wouldn't even have the funding to field a team!

No private school (that I know of), has the luxury of such a grand fundraiser as a major tractor pull event that basically finances all of the school's athletic programs. Talk about an advantage. NOW THAT'S AN ADVANTAGE. (Not every town allows such events due to zoning.) Good for Forrest!

Please stop whining...support your team...stay positive...respect your opponents...and lastly, if you want your kid in a private school, then APPLY. I'm sure any private school would be happy to gain another PAYING STUDENT. Otherwise, when a private school beats your public school (on occasion); accept it like an adult and stop making excuses.

OutofSight, I think your OffThePoint. It wasn't a public complaining about a private that started this whole big discussion. It was exactly the opposite!

QUOTE(Vultor @ May 31 2007 - 11:54 PM) 826469962[/snapback]Thank you. End of discussion.

Why dont you and the AD at Forrest go to said address and find out who is living there? go today! and then go to the previous address in Culleoka and see who is living there! This girl also had a sister that played at Culleoka too, did she not? did she transfer too? surely she did if the family moved to another county! Why didnt she play at Forrest??? Why wasn't she mentioned in the previous post along w/ the two younger brothers??? Hard to believe that a school that was so bent on trying to catch a certain football program that they couldnt beat some years ago in this same situation didnt cross all of their Ts and dot all of their Is. Kinda funny how things come around full circle. Hope all of this works out to be a witch hunt like it was when you were the "hunter" against this other school!

QUOTE(rhs013 @ Jun 6 2007 - 12:36 AM) 826471963[/snapback]Why dont you and the AD at Forrest go to said address and find out who is living there? go today! and then go to the previous address in Culleoka and see who is living there! This girl also had a sister that played at Culleoka too, did she not? did she transfer too? surely she did if the family moved to another county! Why didnt she play at Forrest??? Why wasn't she mentioned in the previous post along w/ the two younger brothers??? Hard to believe that a school that was so bent on trying to catch a certain football program that they couldnt beat some years ago in this same situation didnt cross all of their Ts and dot all of their Is. Kinda funny how things come around full circle. Hope all of this works out to be a witch hunt like it was when you were the "hunter" against this other school!

Ok, I'll bite, what school and football team are you talking about and when did this happen?