Time for a change

therock

I've seen after game talks happen on both sides of the equation. It definitely happens. Out of curiosity, what was the enticement or angle used to get your player to go to a public? Did he have to sit out a year?

Agreed, it happens. Enticement was he would get far more exposure playing for a large public school than playing for a small private school. His new great wonderful coach would promote him and certainly he would get him a college scholership. His family is moving to stay within the rules, so no sitting out. Plus, anyone that leaves a private school can appeal and say they had to withdraw for financial reasons and the TSSAA will allow them to play, no sitting when leaving a private to go to public.

By the way, the kid is a great ball player, but an even better kid. We hope and pray he is successful. Personally, I just have a problem with another coach approaching our players, or any players from any team, to make that kind of promise.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, it happens. Enticement was he would get far more exposure playing for a large public school than playing for a small private school. His new great wonderful coach would promote him and certainly he would get him a college scholership. His family is moving to stay within the rules, so no sitting out. Plus, anyone that leaves a private school can appeal and say they had to withdraw for financial reasons and the TSSAA will allow them to play, no sitting when leaving a private to go to public.

By the way, the kid is a great ball player, but an even better kid. We hope and pray he is successful. Personally, I just have a problem with another coach approaching our players, or any players from any team, to make that kind of promise.

I agree, that is wrong to happen. As a professional, the coach shouldnt have done this. He could have at least waited and talked to the kid during summer ball, lol. I'm being snide and sarcastic. I've seen it happen more then, than so blantantly right after a game.

I agree, that is wrong to happen. As a professional, the coach shouldnt have done this. He could have at least waited and talked to the kid during summer ball, lol. I'm being snide and sarcastic. I've seen it happen more then, than so blantantly right after a game.

Actually, it was during summer ball.

• 2 months later...

3 out of four baseball state championships and 3 out of four softball state championships were garnered by private schools. Its time for a change either by a total split, resignation by Ronnie Carter or, put all private schools in AAA and see how they do.Public schools have dominately favored a complete split other than the AAA schools who dont have to deal with private schools. I am not crying, private schools are better. They should be, they get to pick their students. Let private schools get zoned like public schools and lets see what they do. Their coaches dont work any harder, their players dont work any harder, but they draw from a larger tallent pool 9all over the (US). I am not whining, let private schools play where they will have competition in AAA. Now some of you private school supporters go ahead and say go to the public/private board. But you know what I have said is true and if Ronnie Carter had something bigger than bb's he would do what the people he is representing wanted. SPLIT

You can't just assume that all private schools "get to pick their students." A student can obviously go wherever they want. And the 1.8 multiplier doesn't make you happy? Why should a school like Alcoa, with a huge selection of amazing athletes be pooled with schools like CPA, DCA, FRA, and Ezell-Harding that have less than 350 predominately white students, half being girls? If I was was an excellent athlete looking for a school in Tennessee, I would either choose a DII school, or I would go to the public school I was zoned for, and be on a better team than a small christian school.

You can't just assume that all private schools "get to pick their students." A student can obviously go wherever they want. And the 1.8 multiplier doesn't make you happy? Why should a school like Alcoa, with a huge selection of amazing athletes be pooled with schools like CPA, DCA, FRA, and Ezell-Harding that have less than 350 predominately white students, half being girls? If I was was an excellent athlete looking for a school in Tennessee, I would either choose a DII school, or I would go to the public school I was zoned for, and be on a better team than a small christian school.

I think most would choose a D2 school if they had their druthers. The are just a few issues with it. One, would they choose you? They are aweful selective. Two, can you afford it? I think the cheapest TN prep school I've seen hovers in the $15K per year per student range.

• 2 weeks later...