Time for a change

therock

3 out of four baseball state championships and 3 out of four softball state championships were garnered by private schools. Its time for a change either by a total split, resignation by Ronnie Carter or, put all private schools in AAA and see how they do.Public schools have dominately favored a complete split other than the AAA schools who dont have to deal with private schools. I am not crying, private schools are better. They should be, they get to pick their students. Let private schools get zoned like public schools and lets see what they do. Their coaches dont work any harder, their players dont work any harder, but they draw from a larger tallent pool 9all over the (US). I am not whining, let private schools play where they will have competition in AAA. Now some of you private school supporters go ahead and say go to the public/private board. But you know what I have said is true and if Ronnie Carter had something bigger than bb's he would do what the people he is representing wanted. SPLIT

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(therock @ May 26 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826467674[/snapback]3 out of four baseball state championships and 3 out of four softball state championships were garnered by private schools. Its time for a change either by a total split, resignation by Ronnie Carter or, put all private schools in AAA and see how they do.Public schools have dominately favored a complete split other than the AAA schools who dont have to deal with private schools. I am not crying, private schools are better. They should be, they get to pick their students. Let private schools get zoned like public schools and lets see what they do. Their coaches dont work any harder, their players dont work any harder, but they draw from a larger tallent pool 9all over the (US). I am not whining, let private schools play where they will have competition in AAA. Now some of you private school supporters go ahead and say go to the public/private board. But you know what I have said is true and if Ronnie Carter had something bigger than bb's he would do what the people he is representing wanted. SPLIT

Well said!

QUOTE(therock @ May 26 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826467674[/snapback]3 out of four baseball state championships and 3 out of four softball state championships were garnered by private schools. Its time for a change either by a total split, resignation by Ronnie Carter or, put all private schools in AAA and see how they do.Public schools have dominately favored a complete split other than the AAA schools who dont have to deal with private schools. I am not crying, private schools are better. They should be, they get to pick their students. Let private schools get zoned like public schools and lets see what they do. Their coaches dont work any harder, their players dont work any harder, but they draw from a larger tallent pool 9all over the (US). I am not whining, let private schools play where they will have competition in AAA. Now some of you private school supporters go ahead and say go to the public/private board. But you know what I have said is true and if Ronnie Carter had something bigger than bb's he would do what the people he is representing wanted. SPLIT

I agree.

They cry for proof and facts and we have given a lot in the last day or two how privates have totally dominated the smaller classes. TSSAA has to put them in their own classification where they can go by any set of rules they want.

Whats funny is the only private poster response so far is a smartelic boo-hoo. I would have expected nothing less.

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 26 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826467701[/snapback]They cry for proof and facts and we have given a lot in the last day or two how privates have totally dominated the smaller classes. TSSAA has to put them in their own classification where they can go by any set of rules they want.

Whats funny is the only private poster response so far is a smartelic boo-hoo. I would have expected nothing less.

And the public outcry is the typical "woe is me". I wouldn't expect anything more.

Today is like the first time, and probaby the last time i will post on the private-public debate board. I was that bored at work. I just read the stupidity on this board and laugh at all the complainers, and people who think they know it all. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 26 2007 - 05:41 PM) 826467701[/snapback]They cry for proof and facts and we have given a lot in the last day or two how privates have totally dominated the smaller classes. TSSAA has to put them in their own classification where they can go by any set of rules they want.

And your response is so predictable - whine. The facts are they were better prepared. Proof that practice makes perfect.

Let me start by saying I am a private supporter...I will acknowledge there are some advantages privates have...I would also submit that all schools have advantages and disadvantages...size, economic ability to support team and booster club, parent support, public schools that have no tutiton to pay...but I will never deny that there are advantages to private schools...What I resent is when someone accuses all privates of recruiting or giving aid to atheletes...I can only speak for JCS...but being a board member I know who does and who doesn't get aid...no athelete gets any aid of any kind...not free tuition...not work study...not employed parents...etc...do others...I have no idea...but I know we don't...so throwing a blanket over it as if all do causes me to want to argue...but that said...I am in favor of any plan that is fair to ALL...if public school supporters would petition TSSAA to put non-aid giving privates in a seperate class than aid giving...I am in favor...as I have said many times on this board the differences in a small private school like JCS and one like Baylor or Brentwood Academy are as different as JCS and Colinwood...if we want to create a fair system lets not just look at what helps our school but what is fair to all...I am not opposed to staying where we are...but it is apparent that alot of public school supporters would like to see a change...I can support that provided the change isn't to just fix one problem by creating another...many will say that the private school non aid giving class would be too small...but if you are not playing in it why would you care...I would rather be there than playing schools who can legally give aid to kids from any where...would some in non-aid class cheat the system...probably...but not the mass as most in this class couldn't afford it any more than JCS can...as to open school zones...either put them in the public class or in the non-aid giving class...whatever makes more sense...I can only speak for me, but I do not want to be unfair to small rural publics...but also do not want to be in an unfair place with aid giving privates which are different than us...privates supporters are often quick to resist change...mostly I think due to two things...one we don't want to play Baylor who is so unlike us...and we hear blanket statements about recruiting and aid when it is untrue and no facts are ever given to back it up...let's find common ground...let's agree aid giving schools are so different they should only play each other...private non-aid schools have some built in advantages...not because we cheat but just due to the system...and small publics and non-aid privates should each have their own class...is 3 groups too many...maybe...but is it any worse than where we are...I think some privates do work harder than some small publics...I had a relative who played for a small public on our schedule and I know we had a summer workout program and they didn't...but that isn't the whole answer...some publics probably outwork JCS...there is more too it...again nothing underhanded...there are great christian familys and kids in public schools...they work hard...but I think sometimes (note I said sometimes, maybe not your school) parents who pay tution demand more...have more resources...privates sometimes have fewer problem kids to deal with...all that said...remember I said sometimes...there are great quality kids in publics...don't hear me say there isn't...but we are different...not better...just different...and some of those differences give us an advantage...so move us to a non-aid private classifaication...I am okay with that...

QUOTE(JaxMan @ May 26 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826467765[/snapback]Let me start by saying I am a private supporter...I will acknowledge there are some advantages privates have...I would also submit that all schools have advantages and disadvantages...size, economic ability to support team and booster club, parent support, public schools that have no tutiton to pay...but I will never deny that there are advantages to private schools...What I resent is when someone accuses all privates of recruiting or giving aid to atheletes...I can only speak for JCS...but being a board member I know who does and who doesn't get aid...no athelete gets any aid of any kind...not free tuition...not work study...not employed parents...etc...do others...I have no idea...but I know we don't...so throwing a blanket over it as if all do causes me to want to argue...but that said...I am in favor of any plan that is fair to ALL...if public school supporters would petition TSSAA to put non-aid giving privates in a seperate class than aid giving...I am in favor...as I have said many times on this board the differences in a small private school like JCS and one like Baylor or Brentwood Academy are as different as JCS and Colinwood...if we want to create a fair system lets not just look at what helps our school but what is fair to all...I am not opposed to staying where we are...but it is apparent that alot of public school supporters would like to see a change...I can support that provided the change isn't to just fix one problem by creating another...many will say that the private school non aid giving class would be too small...but if you are not playing in it why would you care...I would rather be there than playing schools who can legally give aid to kids from any where...would some in non-aid class cheat the system...probably...but not the mass as most in this class couldn't afford it any more than JCS can...as to open school zones...either put them in the public class or in the non-aid giving class...whatever makes more sense...I can only speak for me, but I do not want to be unfair to small rural publics...but also do not want to be in an unfair place with aid giving privates which are different than us...privates supporters are often quick to resist change...mostly I think due to two things...one we don't want to play Baylor who is so unlike us...and we hear blanket statements about recruiting and aid when it is untrue and no facts are ever given to back it up...let's find common ground...let's agree aid giving schools are so different they should only play each other...private non-aid schools have some built in advantages...not because we cheat but just due to the system...and small publics and non-aid privates should each have their own class...is 3 groups too many...maybe...but is it any worse than where we are...I think some privates do work harder than some small publics...I had a relative who played for a small public on our schedule and I know we had a summer workout program and they didn't...but that isn't the whole answer...some publics probably outwork JCS...there is more too it...again nothing underhanded...there are great christian familys and kids in public schools...they work hard...but I think sometimes (note I said sometimes, maybe not your school) parents who pay tution demand more...have more resources...privates sometimes have fewer problem kids to deal with...all that said...remember I said sometimes...there are great quality kids in publics...don't hear me say there isn't...but we are different...not better...just different...and some of those differences give us an advantage...so move us to a non-aid private classifaication...I am okay with that...

I'm familiar with periods, commas, exclamaton points and even the odd semicolon but what's with the "..."? Do you really want to create another division "non-aid private classification"? Have you considered the travel cost? You'd be creating a third division and diluting competition even further.

QUOTE(takedown3 @ May 26 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826467789[/snapback]I'm familiar with periods, commas, exclamaton points and even the odd semicolon but what's with the "..."? Do you really want to create another division "non-aid private classification"? Have you considered the travel cost? You'd be creating a third division and diluting competition even further.

First the ... is just my habit when posting...sorry if it bothered you...as to diluting competition...I think 3 classes would be better than putting non-aid privates with aid giving ones...as I said I am fine staying where we are, but if a change has to come I prefer 3 classes to non-aid and aid giving privates in the same class...as to travel expense...again if we stay where we are fine...but if we have to change the travel would be about the same in 3 classes as 2...either way the travel will increase...please note...I said I am fine with the current system...but if change has to come I prefer 3 classes over 2...just one man's opinion...most of all...I think we have to begin looking for solutions and stop arguing...and that is mostly what I see on this board...privates being accused of cheating...publics being accused of whinning...I think we are smart enough to find a solution if we stop arguing and work together

QUOTE(reaction @ May 26 2007 - 07:53 PM) 826467739[/snapback]Today is like the first time, and probaby the last time i will post on the private-public debate board. I was that bored at work. I just read the stupidity on this board and laugh at all the complainers, and people who think they know it all. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We'll miss you. Please stay busy at work.