Time for a change

therock

QUOTE(larry @ May 31 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826469717[/snapback](7) Listen to the privates whine now because they have to play each other.

Privates do play each other.... In the State Championship. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry i just couldn't resist that...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(larry @ May 31 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826469717[/snapback](1) Everybody play everybody in the regular season

(2) Split for the tournaments/playoffs

(3) Two district finalists move to region

(4) Region champ goes to sectionals

(5) Sectionals best of three games

(6) State tournament double-elimination

(7) Listen to the privates whine now because they have to play each other.

FYI,

It isn't the privates whining about who we have to play...even though we are playing schools 2-4 times our size. The whining is happening from the other side. Interesting how those who whine most are the quickest to assume others are like them...

And, we already play each other plenty...it would be nothing new. No, we aren't afraid to play anyone and you won't hear us crying about our opponents, no matter how good. What we will complain about is being unfairly singled out...which your proposal would do. Can you give a legitimate reason based on our membership in the TSSAA why this should happen?

QUOTE(larry @ May 31 2007 - 01:55 PM) 826469717[/snapback](1) Everybody play everybody in the regular season

(2) Split for the tournaments/playoffs

(3) Two district finalists move to region

(4) Region champ goes to sectionals

(5) Sectionals best of three games

(6) State tournament double-elimination

You forgot a step

(8) Wait until a new demographic makes it way to the top and begin crying about their unfair advantage.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 31 2007 - 03:07 PM) 826469726[/snapback]Privates do play each other.... In the State Championship. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Sorry i just couldn't resist that...

Actually, it was by design. Anybody out there reading who doesn't now see the arrogance and the real feelings of the private school supporters? Thanks, FCS, for being so predictable.

If you do not feel that the private schools provide your child with an advantage over public schools, why would you pay to send your children there?

If the closest private school to you does not have a good athletics program, do you look for a different private school for your children?

QUOTE(larry @ May 31 2007 - 10:14 PM) 826469899[/snapback]If you do not feel that the private schools provide your child with an advantage over public schools, why would you pay to send your children there?

If the closest private school to you does not have a good athletics program, do you look for a different private school for your children?

This, I think, is the fundamental misperception of the anti-private crowd. There are many reasons that people send their kids to privates...if we are talking about the DI privates then we are talking primarily about religiously based schools. So the primary reason kids go there is for a Christian education. In large urban areas, there are multiple secondary reasons...fear, better academics, smaller classes, a sense of community, etc. People don't just wake up one day and say "I'm sending my kid to private X because it gives him/her an advantage." And almost none of the parents send their kids to small privates for athletics. If their kids are good athletes the bigger prep schools are where they go...or the big publics.

And that should answer your second question too, I think.

p.s. You didn't answer my question about your proposal...

QUOTE(larry @ May 31 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826469717[/snapback]. . .

Privates whine? I challenge you to find ONE topic or even ONE post to support this claim.

On the other hand every time a private school wins a DI championship, you will find a topic and posts and whining that it is not fair. Look at the first year of the multiplier (2005-06). Public schools won 1A, 2A,and 3A in football, 1A and 2A in boys basketball and 1A and 2A in baseball. Find one topic or post from a private school saying that this wasn't fair. This school year (2006-07) private schools win 1A in football, 1A in boys basketball and 1A and 2A in baseball. There is topic after topic and post after post - unfair, not a level playing field, etc.

You have supporters from school that have been around to 50 years complaining that they can't winning a state championship because of the private schools. Well, what about the first 40 years of their existence when private schools won almost no championships in football, basketball or baseball? MBA did not win a singlestate football or basketball championship between the early 70's and the late 90's in D2. BA never won a basketball championship until D2.

JMHO

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 31 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826469883[/snapback]Voted magnet schools.

I think magnet schools and open zoned schools are going to be gone after at the same time. There's already a sentiment arising against them as is. It's only going to get worse. Most of it goes back to jealousy and feelings of rights to entitlement IMO.

QUOTE(larry @ Jun 1 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826470003[/snapback]After you complete the first six steps the whining will begin, believe me.

Probably not. Most of my encounters with administrations, coaches, and people whose kids go to privates have led me to believe that they will just adapt to the changes, embrace the challenge, and focus on getting better.

QUOTE(Solomon @ Jun 1 2007 - 11:20 AM) 826470010[/snapback]I think magnet schools and open zoned schools are going to be gone after at the same time. There's already a sentiment arising against them as is. It's only going to get worse. Most of it goes back to jealousy and feelings of rights to entitlement IMO.

And eventually school districts that receive more money per student from the state will be the new "targets".

Just to point out, all the other states are laughing at Tennessee because everyone whines and no one can actually say, "Oh. Let's play ball. If we want to be the state champion maybe we should beat the best teams in the state, not move them to another classification."