Time for a change

therock

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 27 2007 - 03:29 PM) 826468132[/snapback]Jax, it is great to have a real debate with you. Wether we agree or not it stays civil. I know it started out rough (after the semi-final game) but you are a great person and represent what private schools are all about.

Turns out the that greatness is determined by wether or not you agree with MPH. Congratulations Jax. You're a great man.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee has the largest multiplier in the country...still people complain, and this only 2 years into it. The question that occurs to me is why Georgia and Alabama can live with smaller multipliers and the Tennessee small schools don't seem to be able to.

Anyone have any ideas?

QUOTE(Baldcoach @ May 27 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826468169[/snapback]Tennessee has the largest multiplier in the country...still people complain, and this only 2 years into it. The question that occurs to me is why Georgia and Alabama can live with smaller multipliers and the Tennessee small schools don't seem to be able to.

Anyone have any ideas?

My idea is...since you can only be moved up one class...what difference does it make if the multiplier is 1.5 or 1.8?

QUOTE(MPHSTIGERS87 @ May 27 2007 - 04:29 PM) 826468132[/snapback]Jax, it is great to have a real debate with you. Wether we agree or not it stays civil. I know it started out rough (after the semi-final game) but you are a great person and represent what private schools are all about.

I think our history on this board is representative of the issue here...we are from opposite sides of the issue...we had some less than civil exchanges early...but as we both spent time listening to the others points we began to see at least a little of where the other came from...and we began to develop a respect for the others position...many of your points have helped me form my view on what small rural publics face...we may not always agree but we have gotten to a point where we are dicussing and looking for a fair plan for all...I think it is out there if we all accept that we all want what is good for our kids...and that regarless of where they are educated they all deserve a fair shake...I have enjoyed our recent exchanges more than the early...thanks for helping me see a point of view that I needed to see

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ May 26 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826467897[/snapback]The best argument i have heard (i don't agree with it) is that if the TSSAA forces all privates into their own division, then what is the motivation for the privates to even stay in the TSSAA? that is why i don't think you will ever see the TSSAA institute a split. They gave BA and other DII schools a choice to change their scholarships or go to their own division BA and the rest chose. But the TSSAA knows that if they say "no choice about it you have to move to DII private section" then they have a high chance of loosing all private schools. While this is not a huge amount of the teams, nor a huge amount of the TSSAA's money, as we all know the TSSAA is not going to willingly give up a cent, let alone a group of schools that generate at least 15% of the TSSAA's money...

The problem private schools will have in forming their own organization is paying the premiums for the catastrophic insurance. When you have several hundred schools contributing then it is affordable but I don't know if 40-50 schools could afford it. Perhaps the premium would be lower, though, with fewer schools being covered.

QUOTE(Antwan @ May 27 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826468174[/snapback]My idea is...since you can only be moved up one class...what difference does it make if the multiplier is 1.5 or 1.8?

Question that hopefully someone can answer: Does the "one class" rule apply to each re-organization period? For example I'll use Goodpasture. With the multiplier, I think Goodpasture should have pushed into 3A but b/c of the "one class" rule they only moved to 2A. With the next re-org, would they push into 3A b/c of the "one class" per re-org?

QUOTE(coacht @ May 27 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826468260[/snapback]The problem private schools will have in forming their own organization is paying the premiums for the catastrophic insurance. When you have several hundred schools contributing then it is affordable but I don't know if 40-50 schools could afford it. Perhaps the premium would be lower, though, with fewer schools being covered.

Nah, no problem, we will just raise the parking passes from $1000 to $2000. We are swimming in it.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ May 28 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826468350[/snapback]Question that hopefully someone can answer: Does the "one class" rule apply to each re-organization period? For example I'll use Goodpasture. With the multiplier, I think Goodpasture should have pushed into 3A but b/c of the "one class" rule they only moved to 2A. With the next re-org, would they push into 3A b/c of the "one class" per re-org?

That's a good question. Everything I've seen so far says GP will still be in 2a the next rating period. I don't know if that is due to decreased enrollment...or

that rule.

QUOTE(robjim @ May 28 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826468370[/snapback]Nah, no problem, we will just raise the parking passes from $1000 to $2000. We are swimming in it.

Assuming there is a eventually a split, what would be the chances of a Tennessee/Kentucky private league? I would say it could be arranged as to where the only time any ridiculous travel would happen would be playoff time.

QUOTE(tnsddeveloper @ May 28 2007 - 08:43 AM) 826468350[/snapback]Question that hopefully someone can answer: Does the "one class" rule apply to each re-organization period? For example I'll use Goodpasture. With the multiplier, I think Goodpasture should have pushed into 3A but b/c of the "one class" rule they only moved to 2A. With the next re-org, would they push into 3A b/c of the "one class" per re-org?

I found this on tssaa's site concerning CAK.

CAK will remain 2A in football for the remainder of this classification period. Enrollment change with the multiplier moves CAK to Class 3A (football). However, by Board action a school cannot be moved more than one classification from their actual enrollment as a result of the multplier in one classification period.

So...I guess it is one classification period.