AAA 2007

mjuhb

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that club teams would hold a tryout for your daughters. In that age bracket the Knoxville Crush club has two teams. They just switched up their teams, I believe. . One team is to be a Div I the other D2. Hard to say how the teams will turn out in the spring There is a Div I team named The Velocity Premier out of the Smoky Mountain Club. Very, Very good team, they travel quite a bit to some top tournaments. I don't believe that The Impact has a team in that age bracket, but you could check. All these clubs have web sites you could get coach contact info. In Oak Ridge they have one team with a combined age bracket U15-U17. It's a pretty good team. Regardless of where you choose to live any of these teams are options. All practice fields are easy enough to get to from anywhere in Knoxville and some drive from Oak Ridge to Knoxville for club. Hope this helps.

The KFC teams were not switched up. The Mustangs added some very good talent to their team for '07-'08. The ones moved down to the Diamonds went because of the level of commitment at the Div. 1 level. The KFC Mustangs will be Div. 1 this spring and the KFC Diamonds will be Div. 2. The Mustangs have won the TN State Div. 2 State Championship three years in a row, (Div. 3) '05, '06 and '07. They showed very well in the Southern Regionals finishing second to South Texas. The Mustangs also have started playing college teams in Div. 2, 3, NAIA and Junior Colleges as to expose the players to college coaches. The website is kfccrush.com and from there you can contact their coach Don Maples.

Not sure where you get your academic rankings.....but Newsweek yearly ranks schools. They have Oak Ridge at 582, Farragut 1186 and Knox West 1206, nationally. No one can argue the fact that Farragut and Bearden have great soccer programs. But Knox West has a very good academic reputation, and a student population about 800 below that of Bearden. To some that may be attractive. Also West was District 4AAA Champion last year, beating Oak Ridge for the title. West also beat Maryville. Region 2 games are always tough, no matter who plays who for the most part. But that is a credit to the strength of E. TN soccer. I think most will agree this is due to strong club influence. As to the club issue, that is really the strength of soccer in this area, IMO. The 92 Impact is the #1 ranked team in the state, and has several 93 girls on its team playing up. Good luck on your decision.

Rankings are for nothing more then entertainment value. It is becoming more and more that tournaments are looking closer at the record you send in and who you have played. Yes, some tournaments do check to get that from SoccerInCollege ranking service but that is also done on the honor system as team representatives enter that information. One dishonest person and your ranking is false. GOTsoccer rankings is a joke.

Impact '92 is not number one now. Not State Champion, Germantown Fury is. Didn't make it out of semi-finals this year and only reason they went to regionals, along with Velocity Premier, is they won the Central Division of the Region 3 Premier League. Of the three divisions in the R3PL the Central is the weakest with West being the strongest and East very close.

As far as which high school is best? It is a dime one way and a nickel another. Soccer is good at all three, Oak Ridge, Farragut and Bearden. But if you want academics first and soccer close second, then I would choose Oak Ridge or Farragut.

Rankings are for nothing more then entertainment value. It is becoming more and more that tournaments are looking closer at the record you send in and who you have played. Yes, some tournaments do check to get that from SoccerInCollege ranking service but that is also done on the honor system as team representatives enter that information. One dishonest person and your ranking is false. GOTsoccer rankings is a joke.

Impact '92 is not number one now. Not State Champion, Germantown Fury is. Didn't make it out of semi-finals this year and only reason they went to regionals, along with Velocity Premier, is they won the Central Division of the Region 3 Premier League. Of the three divisions in the R3PL the Central is the weakest with West being the strongest and East very close.

As far as which high school is best? It is a dime one way and a nickel another. Soccer is good at all three, Oak Ridge, Farragut and Bearden. But if you want academics first and soccer close second, then I would choose Oak Ridge or Farragut.

Yes. Agreed. None of the rankings systems are perfect. Attempting to rank 1,000 Plus club teams across the country is quite a task. Even when you could through considerable $ at it, it can turn out to be a disaster (e.g. the BCS). Considering all of the systems, it seems more are leaning towards SIC. I think one of the benefits ithas, it doesn't rely on one weekend or one events perfroamnce to elevate or diminish your teams long-term performance. Havig been in theis as long as we have, a lot of factors can significantly affect the outocme of a game or tournmanet (weather, poor officiating, and extremely poor officiating)but t is a tema's perfromance overtime that should ultimately be the measure of how they are stacked or ranked. The latest data shares the following:

Soccer In College

Last Ranking Calculation: 7/30/2007 2:04:09 PM U15 Girls

(Rising U16 Girls)

Tennessee

1. Impact USA 92

2. Fury 92 Premier

3. TNFC 92G Blue

4. Brentwood Beat

5. Lady Lobos 92

6. KFC Crush Mustangs

7. Brentwood Freedom

8. Memphis Kickers 92

9. Lady Strikers 92

10. Fury 92 Select

11. SMSC Lady Assault

12. BUSC Starz

13. East Ridge ERSA Express

14. KFC Diamonds

15. MFC 92/93

Once again, good luck. It seems ther aree already a lot of people interested in your daughters. Best of luck to them.

I believe the 92 Impact had a good showing at the Division 1 Regional tournament in Oklahoma City. The website says they went 1-1-1. They played against alot of tough competition. They also came in as Premier League champions. I agree that the Central is not as strong as the East but they had to go out and win it. You say the KFC team is up and coming. Was that the Division 2 regional tournament they attended? Doesn't that mean that none of the teams they played

were Division 1 in their states? Just curious....Does the KFC team regularly play the Impact team since the 2 are in the same city? If so, who usually wins and what was the margin of victory the last time they played? Why has it taken so long for the KFC team to go Division 1?

The two KFC teams repete was most likely refering to are the two '93 teams (rising U15) Velocity Red and the Hotspurs.

The two KFC teams repete was most likely refering to are the two '93 teams (rising U15) Velocity Red and the Hotspurs.

None of the KFC teams are really any good at those age groups. The Mustangs (U16 next year) won state at a lower level than the 92 Impact. Head-to-head I doubt Impact has much trouble with them. The Mustangs state league games were against very inferior competition this year and actually they didn't win one state leage game until the playoffs. Coach is nice but suspect. The 92 Impact is the most established team and has been good for a long time. Of the U15 teams next year, Velocity Premier is the best, but they are in some turmoil with coaching. Of the two KFC teams, the Velocity Red is the better, but coaching is very suspect. Not a tactical guy at all. There is always the U16 Krossfire team if you end up in Oak Ridge. They have the best tactical coach in Knoxville by far and will be a D-1 team next year as well.

The coaching situation at Velocity Premier (rising U15) is very stable and good. They have a quality, committed college coach.

None of the KFC teams are really any good at those age groups. The Mustangs (U16 next year) won state at a lower level than the 92 Impact. Head-to-head I doubt Impact has much trouble with them. The Mustangs state league games were against very inferior competition this year and actually they didn't win one state leage game until the playoffs. Coach is nice but suspect. The 92 Impact is the most established team and has been good for a long time. Of the U15 teams next year, Velocity Premier is the best, but they are in some turmoil with coaching. Of the two KFC teams, the Velocity Red is the better, but coaching is very suspect. Not a tactical guy at all. There is always the U16 Krossfire team if you end up in Oak Ridge. They have the best tactical coach in Knoxville by far and will be a D-1 team next year as well.

The Mustangs played inferior competition? Are you including the four college teams they played and went 3-1 against. One of those teams they beat being a finalist in the National Championship game in their Division. Their only lose came against the Univ. of Western GA, a team that is NCAA Div. 2, qualified for the Gulf South Conference, one player was named Gulf South Co-Player of the Year and two players made the All NSCAA Adidas Team. That in itself is a tough schedule and I don't see any other teams, Div.1 or 2 doing that. The teams they played in State League were games they HAD to play or go to the Open Tournament which is lower competition. All any team can do is go to what seems like highly rated tournaments and if the competition doesn't show then it isn't that teams fault. Obviously you are not on top of the soccer scene in Knoxville or you would have known about the Vel. Premier situation and what the real differences between Div.1 and 2 are and one guess...it isn't just talent. The most consistent team of the two, KFC and Impact '92, has been KFC. Even with all that recruited talent at Impact they could not repeat at D1. KFC has developed and maintained even with player loses to injury, moving out of state, even going to Impact for what seemed was greener grass. New players have NOW retooled KFC and that D1 mentality is now the majority on the team. Finally if you want to talk about competition the look at this. Impact '92 has played six teams ranked in the top 100 and won two. Impact has played 12 ranked 101 or worse winning or tying 11. KFC has played four teams ranked in the Top 100 and won three. Played 14 teams ranked 101 or worse and won 13. This is from the Spring 2007 records from Jan. 1. Looks equal to me. Next year will tell the tale. I am now off and out of this subject.

The Mustangs played inferior competition? Are you including the four college teams they played and went 3-1 against. One of those teams they beat being a finalist in the National Championship game in their Division. Their only lose came against the Univ. of Western GA, a team that is NCAA Div. 2, qualified for the Gulf South Conference, one player was named Gulf South Co-Player of the Year and two players made the All NSCAA Adidas Team. That in itself is a tough schedule and I don't see any other teams, Div.1 or 2 doing that. The teams they played in State League were games they HAD to play or go to the Open Tournament which is lower competition. All any team can do is go to what seems like highly rated tournaments and if the competition doesn't show then it isn't that teams fault. Obviously you are not on top of the soccer scene in Knoxville or you would have known about the Vel. Premier situation and what the real differences between Div.1 and 2 are and one guess...it isn't just talent. The most consistent team of the two, KFC and Impact '92, has been KFC. Even with all that recruited talent at Impact they could not repeat at D1. KFC has developed and maintained even with player loses to injury, moving out of state, even going to Impact for what seemed was greener grass. New players have NOW retooled KFC and that D1 mentality is now the majority on the team. Finally if you want to talk about competition the look at this. Impact '92 has played six teams ranked in the top 100 and won two. Impact has played 12 ranked 101 or worse winning or tying 11. KFC has played four teams ranked in the Top 100 and won three. Played 14 teams ranked 101 or worse and won 13. This is from the Spring 2007 records from Jan. 1. Looks equal to me. Next year will tell the tale. I am now off and out of this subject.

I wonder how good the Knoxvlle team could be if the girls played on one team? Ya know? Before they are seniors and it happens naturally. Throw all the animosity aside today and let the girls progress as far as they can without the local rivalry. Consider what is better for ALL the girls, not just the ones wearing this color jersey or the other. And yes, I agree with you, I am now off and out of this subject as well.

I wonder how good the Knoxvlle team could be if the girls played on one team? Ya know? Before they are seniors and it happens naturally. Throw all the animosity aside today and let the girls progress as far as they can without the local rivalry. Consider what is better for ALL the girls, not just the ones wearing this color jersey or the other. And yes, I agree with you, I am now off and out of this subject as well.

Yes, there are some excellent players on both teams. And to be competitive with teams from much larger metropolitan areas is a tribute to the Knoxville athletes, be it in state or out of state teams being played. It is a shame that there is so much animosity between the clubs. And so much false information from some coaches. I wish that those that say, "it is really about the girls" really meant it.