AAA 2007

mjuhb

Bearden very deep in talent/state champs last yr, talent as good or better this yr. Playing time? Farragut beat Bearden 3 times during season/tournament, strong and accomplished program....careful on where you buy in West Knox because of new high school-Hardin Valley and zoning issues. Oak Ridge, good academics, seems to be ebbing a bit on the pitch. Also consider CAK, Catholic (both privates) and Maryville...all 3 good academically. CAK (last yr D2 state champ) and Catholic play in private school division so competition overall is not as stiff as schedules played by public schools. Maryville stuck in same district with Bearden and Farragut and not as deep in talent. Knoxville area is a strong soccer area so your girls will fit right in.

CAK and Knoxville Catholic are actually D1 A/AA. CAK was the 2006 Division 1 A/AA champions.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we have thought about club and are concerned about the timing with tryouts completed everywhere. Any advise you have is welcome........

I am sure that club teams would hold a tryout for your daughters. In that age bracket the Knoxville Crush club has two teams. They just switched up their teams, I believe. . One team is to be a Div I the other D2. Hard to say how the teams will turn out in the spring There is a Div I team named The Velocity Premier out of the Smoky Mountain Club. Very, Very good team, they travel quite a bit to some top tournaments. I don't believe that The Impact has a team in that age bracket, but you could check. All these clubs have web sites you could get coach contact info. In Oak Ridge they have one team with a combined age bracket U15-U17. It's a pretty good team. Regardless of where you choose to live any of these teams are options. All practice fields are easy enough to get to from anywhere in Knoxville and some drive from Oak Ridge to Knoxville for club. Hope this helps.

I am sure that club teams would hold a tryout for your daughters. In that age bracket the Knoxville Crush club has two teams. They just switched up their teams, I believe. . One team is to be a Div I the other D2. Hard to say how the teams will turn out in the spring There is a Div I team named The Velocity Premier out of the Smoky Mountain Club. Very, Very good team, they travel quite a bit to some top tournaments. I don't believe that The Impact has a team in that age bracket, but you could check. All these clubs have web sites you could get coach contact info. In Oak Ridge they have one team with a combined age bracket U15-U17. It's a pretty good team. Regardless of where you choose to live any of these teams are options. All practice fields are easy enough to get to from anywhere in Knoxville and some drive from Oak Ridge to Knoxville for club. Hope this helps.

High School season is beginning now- most teams have either had tryouts or are having tryouts next week-

Oak Ridge had tryouts in May and already has Varsity and JV teams picked

Beardens and Farragut have tryouts next week. You might want to contact the coaches in the school zones you are considering and make arrangements.

Actually we have thought about club and are concerned about the timing with tryouts completed everywhere. Any advise you have is welcome........

The team referred to is "Impact USA 92" . You can get a profile on the team at Soccer-In-College. They went to the Region III Southern Regional this year. You can also get contact information there on the coaches and the manager.

The website will also provide a list of other quality teams in the 92 bracket. Best of Luck to you.

Not sure where you get your academic rankings.....but Newsweek yearly ranks schools. They have Oak Ridge at 582, Farragut 1186 and Knox West 1206, nationally. No one can argue the fact that Farragut and Bearden have great soccer programs. But Knox West has a very good academic reputation, and a student population about 800 below that of Bearden. To some that may be attractive. Also West was District 4AAA Champion last year, beating Oak Ridge for the title. West also beat Maryville. Region 2 games are always tough, no matter who plays who for the most part. But that is a credit to the strength of E. TN soccer. I think most will agree this is due to strong club influence. As to the club issue, that is really the strength of soccer in this area, IMO. The 92 Impact is the #1 ranked team in the state, and has several 93 girls on its team playing up. Good luck on your decision.

As far as club teams go you might want to check out the Tennessee State Soccer website. It will show which teams are d1 and d2 and how they finished this year. I know 93 Velocity Premier from Smoky Mnt. Soccer Club made the regionals as well as Impact 92. If you decide on Maryville as a place to live there is blount united soccer club over there. You can check out their website.

We are moving to West Knoxvile area soon. We have 2 Freshman soccer players, yes they are twins. They now play on a reg 3 permier team, state 93 odp pool and are commited soccer players. Paraents are commited soccer junkies Dad certified coach and referee. Which high school has the best program and why Farragut, Bearden or Oak Ridge. need help soon house hunting this weekend

Where are you moving from?

Unless the team has a full roster (unlikely) most teams will provide you an opportunity to try out. Feel free to contact Tom Condone, the Tennessee Director of Coaching & Player Development (coach@tnsoccer.org, 423-559-1150 ext13). He is very easy to talk to and would welome you and your girlss and should be able to provide you the best un-biased advice. Once again, good luck ans welcome to Tennessee.

http://orhs.ortn.edu/

Not sure where you get your academic rankings.....but Newsweek yearly ranks schools. They have Oak Ridge at 582, Farragut 1186 and Knox West 1206, nationally. No one can argue the fact that Farragut and Bearden have great soccer programs. But Knox West has a very good academic reputation, and a student population about 800 below that of Bearden. To some that may be attractive. Also West was District 4AAA Champion last year, beating Oak Ridge for the title. West also beat Maryville. Region 2 games are always tough, no matter who plays who for the most part. But that is a credit to the strength of E. TN soccer. I think most will agree this is due to strong club influence. As to the club issue, that is really the strength of soccer in this area, IMO. The 92 Impact is the #1 ranked team in the state, and has several 93 girls on its team playing up. Good luck on your decision.

I received my information from their web site as follows:

The Oak Ridge Schools have been ranked second in the South and one of the "100 Best School Districts in the United States" by Offspring magazine, a new parenting magazine by the editors of the Wall Street Journal's Smart Money magazine. The Oak Ridge Schools were earlier ranked among the country's best by Expansion Management magazine. You may get more info on their website at:

http://orhs.ortn.edu/

Also West and Oak Ridge are in Region 2 District 3 AAA.

We are moving to West Knoxvile area soon. We have 2 Freshman soccer players, yes they are twins. They now play on a reg 3 permier team, state 93 odp pool and are commited soccer players. Paraents are commited soccer junkies Dad certified coach and referee. Which high school has the best program and why Farragut, Bearden or Oak Ridge. need help soon house hunting this weekend

All three schools have excellent soccer programs. Here is a brief summary of how the teams have done since 2004:

2004:

Farragut finished ranked #2 in state, 25-3-0 District 4-AAA Champs, Region 2-AAA Champs, lost in State Finals

Oak Ridge finished ranked #3 in state, 19-7-1, District 3-AAA Champs, lRegion 2-AAA Runner-up, lost in State Semi-Finals

Bearden finished ranked #11 in state, 13-5-3, District 4-AAA Runner-up, lost in region 2-AAA Semi-final

Head-to-Head:

Aug. 31 OR 2 Bearden 0

Sept. 14 Farragut 1 Bearden 0

Sept. 25 Farragut 5 OR 1

Oct. 7 Farragut 3 Bearden 0 District 4-AAA Finals

Oct 12 OR 2 Bearden 0 Region 2-AAA Semi-Finals

Oct. 14 Farragut 2 OR 0 Regions 2 -AAA Finalls

2005:

Oak Ridge Finished Ranked #2 in state, 24-3-1, District 3-AAA Champs, Region 2-AAA Champs, lost in State Finals

Farragut finished ranked #11 in state, 14-5-5 District 4-AAA Champs, lost in region 2-AAA Semi-final

Bearden finished unranked, 15-5-1, District 4-AAA Runner-up, lost in region 2-AAA Semi-final

Head-to-Head:

Sept. 15 Bearden 2 Farragut 1

Sept. 22 OR1 Farragut 1

Sept. 28 Bearden 1 OR 0

Oct. 13 Farragut 2 Bearden 0 District 4-AAA Final

Oct. 18 OR 4 Bearden 1 Region 2-AAA Semi-final

2006:

Bearden finished ranked #1 in state, 21-3-2, District 4-AAA Runner-up, region 2-AAA Runner-up, State Champions

Farragut finished ranked #5 in state, 20-5-0 District 4-AAA Champs, Region 2-AAA Champs, lost in State Quarterfinal

Oak Ridge finished ranked #9 in state, 15-7-1, District 3-AAA Champs, lost in region 2-AAA Semi-final

Head-to-Head:

Sept. 6 OR 1 Farragur 0

Sept. 14 Farragut 2 Bearden 1

Oct. 1 OR 2 Farragur 1

Oct. 10 Bearden 3 OR 2

Oct. 19 Farragut 2 Bearden 1 Distict 4-AAA Final

Oct. 24 Farragut 1 OR 0 Region 2 semi-final

Oct 26 Farragut 1 Bearden 0 Region 2-AAA Final

One thing you might want to consider is that there are no city taxes in Farragut. At Bearden you will pay Knoxville city taxes and at Oak Ridge you will pay Oak Ridge City taxes. Just a thought if you want to keep more of your money in your control.

Good luck to you and your family in your search and be careful of the re-zoning that takes place next year.