AAA 2007

mjuhb

The Mustangs played inferior competition? Are you including the four college teams they played and went 3-1 against. One of those teams they beat being a finalist in the National Championship game in their Division. Their only lose came against the Univ. of Western GA, a team that is NCAA Div. 2, qualified for the Gulf South Conference, one player was named Gulf South Co-Player of the Year and two players made the All NSCAA Adidas Team. That in itself is a tough schedule and I don't see any other teams, Div.1 or 2 doing that. The teams they played in State League were games they HAD to play or go to the Open Tournament which is lower competition. All any team can do is go to what seems like highly rated tournaments and if the competition doesn't show then it isn't that teams fault. Obviously you are not on top of the soccer scene in Knoxville or you would have known about the Vel. Premier situation and what the real differences between Div.1 and 2 are and one guess...it isn't just talent. The most consistent team of the two, KFC and Impact '92, has been KFC. Even with all that recruited talent at Impact they could not repeat at D1. KFC has developed and maintained even with player loses to injury, moving out of state, even going to Impact for what seemed was greener grass. New players have NOW retooled KFC and that D1 mentality is now the majority on the team. Finally if you want to talk about competition the look at this. Impact '92 has played six teams ranked in the top 100 and won two. Impact has played 12 ranked 101 or worse winning or tying 11. KFC has played four teams ranked in the Top 100 and won three. Played 14 teams ranked 101 or worse and won 13. This is from the Spring 2007 records from Jan. 1. Looks equal to me. Next year will tell the tale. I am now off and out of this subject.

You said it first. "Rankings are for nothing more than entertainment value" I wonder what type of squad those college teams put on the field(walk-ons, freshmen, etc...) I wonder what they would think if they knew you were running your mouth all over CoachT. I bet they would clear it up real quick. I do not know what the status is with the Impact team. But you said it yourself. They didn't repeat as champions. That told me that they at least won once at Division 1. I'd keep quiet until your team does at least that. You speak of the Impact recruited players. I am sure you didn't "RETOOL" without recruiting. I am now off and out of this subject!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mustangs played inferior competition? Are you including the four college teams they played and went 3-1 against. One of those teams they beat being a finalist in the National Championship game in their Division. Their only lose came against the Univ. of Western GA, a team that is NCAA Div. 2, qualified for the Gulf South Conference, one player was named Gulf South Co-Player of the Year and two players made the All NSCAA Adidas Team. That in itself is a tough schedule and I don't see any other teams, Div.1 or 2 doing that. The teams they played in State League were games they HAD to play or go to the Open Tournament which is lower competition. All any team can do is go to what seems like highly rated tournaments and if the competition doesn't show then it isn't that teams fault. Obviously you are not on top of the soccer scene in Knoxville or you would have known about the Vel. Premier situation and what the real differences between Div.1 and 2 are and one guess...it isn't just talent. The most consistent team of the two, KFC and Impact '92, has been KFC. Even with all that recruited talent at Impact they could not repeat at D1. KFC has developed and maintained even with player loses to injury, moving out of state, even going to Impact for what seemed was greener grass. New players have NOW retooled KFC and that D1 mentality is now the majority on the team. Finally if you want to talk about competition the look at this. Impact '92 has played six teams ranked in the top 100 and won two. Impact has played 12 ranked 101 or worse winning or tying 11. KFC has played four teams ranked in the Top 100 and won three. Played 14 teams ranked 101 or worse and won 13. This is from the Spring 2007 records from Jan. 1. Looks equal to me. Next year will tell the tale. I am now off and out of this subject.

You said it first. "Rankings are for nothing more than entertainment value" I wonder what type of squad those college teams put on the field(walk-ons, freshmen, etc...) I wonder what they would think if they knew you were running your mouth all over CoachT. I bet they would clear it up real quick. I do not know what the status is with the Impact team. But you said it yourself. They didn't repeat as champions. That told me that they at least won once at Division 1. I'd keep quiet until your team does at least that. You speak of the Impact recruited players. I am sure you didn't "RETOOL" without recruiting. I am now off and out of this subject!

What college team are you referring to that went to their respective National Championship? The finalist (I assume you mean runner-ups) of last year's national championships: NAIA: Azusa Pacific (from California, doubt you played), DII: Grand Valley State (from Michigan, doubt you played), DIII: The College of New Jersey (from you guessed it, New Jersey, again doubt you played). So let's go back a year. NAIA: Lee University (from Tennessee, and most likely opponent, but know for a fact you didn't play), DII Seattle Pacific (again, improbable), DIII, The College of New Jersey (again, improbable). So who exactly was this National Finalist you competed against? And who are the other colleges that you say this team competed against? As for your loss against West Georgia, they are not a very strong college program and went 9-7-1 last year. I know you have said you are off and out about this subject, but try to come up with a substantial statement when trying to substantiate an obviously inferior team.

The 92 Impact won state two years in a row at the highest level. Any comparisons are not too valid, at this point. The level of competition isn't even close. To give you an idea where he's coming from, their website has listed in bold letters that they are state champs three years in a row. As you might imagine, there is no mention at all that they were at D2 or D3. And, I'll bet the Mustangs have never beat Impact, and probably haven't even played them lately. It's a choice which division to play in, and there is nothing wrong with D2 or D3 - just don't try to make it more than what it is. Hey, maybe they'll do great this year, but what you're hearing now is just not right. No, I do not have a kid in Impact.

But, I wonder why this thread even started talking about U16 teams? The initial inquiry was about high schools and then later U15 club teams. I would think if I were moving into a new town with ODP/D1 level players and parents, I would look for the best U15 team with kids my own age and overall best high school situation. The only way I would play up, is if there were no other good options. As others have mentioned, SMSC Velocity Premier is clearly the best option at U15 (assuming there is room). High school is more subjective, but I would try to look into possible future performance for all four years. And, the quality of coaching and connections that translates most to club and college soccer.

The 92 Impact won state two years in a row at the highest level. Any comparisons are not too valid, at this point. The level of competition isn't even close. To give you an idea where he's coming from, their website has listed in bold letters that they are state champs three years in a row. As you might imagine, there is no mention at all that they were at D2 or D3. And, I'll bet the Mustangs have never beat Impact, and probably haven't even played them lately. It's a choice which division to play in, and there is nothing wrong with D2 or D3 - just don't try to make it more than what it is. Hey, maybe they'll do great this year, but what you're hearing now is just not right. No, I do not have a kid in Impact.

But, I wonder why this thread even started talking about U16 teams? The initial inquiry was about high schools and then later U15 club teams. I would think if I were moving into a new town with ODP/D1 level players and parents, I would look for the best U15 team with kids my own age and overall best high school situation. The only way I would play up, is if there were no other good options. As others have mentioned, SMSC Velocity Premier is clearly the best option at U15 (assuming there is room). High school is more subjective, but I would try to look into possible future performance for all four years. And, the quality of coaching and connections that translates most to club and college soccer.

You all have pegged the Mustangs and Coach correctly. He is only in it for his OWN agenda. I heard he lost Key players in 05? and 06, that are now on much superior teams that have advanced yearly, instead of standing still. In fact, one of his former players parents only took them 1 season to realize what he was doing , then left the team. I suggest to reach out to the former players, they will tell you their experiences with the mustangs, and coach maples---aka mustcoach.

HE CAN'T KEEP QUALITY PLAYERS, He only has okay players.

You all have pegged the Mustangs and Coach correctly. He is only in it for his OWN agenda. I heard he lost Key players in 05? and 06, that are now on much superior teams that have advanced yearly, instead of standing still. In fact, one of his former players parents only took them 1 season to realize what he was doing , then left the team. I suggest to reach out to the former players, they will tell you their experiences with the mustangs, and coach maples---aka mustcoach.

I have heard similar things about the coach, but they also have some very good players. Lets not denigrate the girls.

I have heard similar things about the coach, but they also have some very good players. Lets not denigrate the girls.

No disrespect intended on the players, some of them have no choice but to play at KFC, (THEY BURNED THEIR BRIDGES ELSEWHERE) other players don't know any better, but I suspect after playing D1 under the leadership of the mustangs coach , they will get the BIG picture and will move on to the more superior teams. It's just a matter of time.

Does anyone know who the best players that left the mustangs were? and where did they go?

I've seen too many mindless posts about this topic. I suggest we get back to the AAA 2007 preseason stuff.

In case you're too caught up in your arguments to realize this, there is a forum for Womens club/travel soccer. You're welcome to discuss it there. I'm too mean to give you the link though.

I've seen too many mindless posts about this topic. I suggest we get back to the AAA 2007 preseason stuff.

In case you're too caught up in your arguments to realize this, there is a forum for Womens club/travel soccer. You're welcome to discuss it there. I'm too mean to give you the link though.

????????????

Congratulations BigG

BigG Name by TN Sports Writers Assoc A/AA Boys Coach of the Year

????????????

No offense BigG, just trying to make a point.

Hey Multicolor...do you really believe everything you hear? WE all know how disgruntled parents and rival coaches are. The poster below is correct this needs to go to the girls travel message board not the high school board. Just for the record...NO ONE HAS LEFT AFTER ONE SEASON, MOST HAVE BURNED NO BRIDGES ANYWHERE ELSE AND MANY ARE STILL THERE AFTER FOUR YEARS.

????????????

Congratulations BigG

BigG Name by TN Sports Writers Assoc A/AA Boys Coach of the Year

????????????

No offense BigG, just trying to make a point.

What was your point?

He's the mod of the forum and we wanted to show our appreciation to his dedication to coaching his squad that beats the living tar out of everyone. It also received it's own thread. Not hijacked another for what should be in a different forum.