Coach Powers resigns

CRACKER

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CRACKER @ May 29 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826468918[/snapback]My sources in the Boro tell me that Coach Powers has resigned from his position as Head Baseball coach at Riverdale Highschool. Any Truth to this rumor "Riverdaleman"?

All i will say is that coach powers was at my sons practice today at 4:00 and nothing was mentioned

QUOTE(CRACKER @ May 29 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826468918[/snapback]My sources in the Boro tell me that Coach Powers has resigned from his position as Head Baseball coach at Riverdale Highschool. Any Truth to this rumor "Riverdaleman"?

I heard that this afternoon from a head baseball coach in southern middle tennessee. I hate to see Coach Powers step down, but maybe someone can talk him in to umpiring. He would make a good one. I wish him good luck in his future endeavors.

QUOTE(binns37388 @ May 29 2007 - 10:56 PM) 826468927[/snapback]I heard that this afternoon from a head baseball coach in southern middle tennessee. I hate to see Coach Powers step down, but maybe someone can talk him in to umpiring. He would make a good one. I wish him good luck in his future endeavors.

Man is that news!! I have but one thing to say about that...to quote an old baseball saying, "SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE". Coach Powers always has been a tremendous coach and leader for his team. If he does leave, and I am positive it would have to be for a extremely important reason, due to the fact that he simply loves the game, I wish him the best of health and good luck in his future. YOU ARE A CLASS ACT BUDDY!! It has been a pleasure to umpire with you in the dugout...You will be MISSED!

Good Luck to coach Powers and whatever it is he is wanting to do. I dont know what all he is wanting but i do know that he did a GREAT JOB OF BUILDING A PROGRAM at RIVERDALE he worked hard as did his players and those results you could see on the feild we didnt always have the best talent in the area but our kids and our coaching staff always WORKED under coach powers and that has been the key to our success. I am sure Mr Nolan will find a very qualified replacement for coach powers and my soon to be sophmore will continue to work hard under the new regime

GOOD LUCK COACH POWERS I do you you plan on bringing johnny around to play with ian and the twins and little brawley LOL