Coach Powers resigns

CRACKER

its been less than a week since i have seen coach powers this comes as a suprise to me...he talked in the future tense about the program alot this past year so i definately expected for him to be around for it. i think a college might have came knocking i had heard him mention before he would love to coach college ball but for the right offer he said motlow had tried to get him before but it would have been a cut from his current salary at riverdale so he wasnt big on that. as he likes to say "ITS BEEN REAL, ITS BEEN FUN, BUT IT HASNT BEEN REAL FUN" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale baseball coach steps down

Lots of corrections to make...

"There is Warrior Field, a full-service venue complete with a hitting facility, bleachers, a press box and scoreboard, none of which were there when he started"

It is W.T. Jones Field, Home of The Reservation. And don't forget there were no lights when he started 14 years ago.

"Powers started the Warrior Classic tournament as a fund-raiser during his third year at Riverdale. That first event consisted of eight teams. This year the field was 40 teams from four states and included five teams that participated in Spring Fling and 10 others that reached the sectional playoffs."

5 of the 8 teams in the FINALS were Warrior Classic participants. 10 of the 32 Spring Fling teams played in the Classic and 5 more lost on the Friday before Spring Fling.

Coach Powers got a whole lot accomplished at RIVERDALE during his 14 years there there is not one thing at that feild that he did not improve...anywhre from the concession stand to the feild to the dugouts to the seats to the scoreboard his hard work and dedication will be missed i am sure that the hard work will continue and the program will still be known as one of the best in the state

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 31 2007 - 11:49 AM) 826469614[/snapback]Riverdale baseball coach steps down

Lots of corrections to make...

"There is Warrior Field, a full-service venue complete with a hitting facility, bleachers, a press box and scoreboard, none of which were there when he started"

It is W.T. Jones Field, Home of The Reservation. And don't forget there were no lights when he started 14 years ago.

"Powers started the Warrior Classic tournament as a fund-raiser during his third year at Riverdale. That first event consisted of eight teams. This year the field was 40 teams from four states and included five teams that participated in Spring Fling and 10 others that reached the sectional playoffs."

5 of the 8 teams in the FINALS were Warrior Classic participants. 10 of the 32 Spring Fling teams played in the Classic and 5 more lost on the Friday before Spring Fling.

DL, its the dnj, what do ya expect? I will say this about Powers: At the time he took over, Riverdale wasnt very good while Oakland was the predominant program. In time, Riverdale became the predominant program under his watch. I think Riverdale has one of the best baseball facilities I have seen and just one of the best game enviroments, DL, you guys do a fantastic job in the press box. I think the only thing that critics can say on Powers is that he never won at state, but when you have to some pretty good luck to win consistently there and Riverdale just hasnt gotten the breaks, he sure has had the players to do well as that has been evident the last 7 years. Good luck to Coach Powers in the future

QUOTE(Bighurt @ May 31 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826469653[/snapback]A little birdie told me David Limbaugh will also be moving on to other things things?

David, do you what to enlighten us?

he is stillgoing to be around..in fact he told me just today that he will be at the younger guys game tonight...so you at the game david i iwll be late i am going to the twins game first 5:30 thenmake richies game about an hour late

QUOTE(Bighurt @ May 31 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826469653[/snapback]A little birdie told me David Limbaugh will also be moving on to other things things?

David, do you what to enlighten us?

I am headed to MTSU 'full time'. I have been splitting time between Riverdale and Middle and with my 4th grandbaby on the way it was going to get tougher and tougher to do.... And with MTSU's new stadium I didn't want to have to be at Riverdale hosting Cookeville while Vanderbilt is visiting Middle, which happened this year.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 31 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826469666[/snapback]I am headed to MTSU 'full time'. I have been splitting time between Riverdale and Middle and with my 4th grandbaby on the way it was going to get tougher and tougher to do.... And with MTSU's new stadium I didn't want to have to be at Riverdale hosting Cookeville while Vanderbilt is visiting Middle, which happened this year.

I have only been around you once but you certainly made robjim and I feel welcome at Riverdale. Without behind-the-scenes guys like you, high school sports could not function. I know you will be missed at Riverdale.