Bledsoe County Football?

Does anyone know why these kids are quiting the team, I saw a boy on the team today & he told me that some more players have quit because of the coaching staff or lack there of???? the 2 that quit this week were starters the way I was told & one of them made some sort of complaint about the way the coach was talking about his Race? Is the school board going to do something about this if it is true??? How did everyone like the new coach's debuet in Jasper friday night, I thought we looked pitiful, except for a play or 2, why was Chris Watson not running the ball, I spoke with a family member of his & he said Chris wants to be running the ball but Coach Robertson is not running him any??? Does anyone know why our best back is not carrying the ball? Chris was leading the valley in rushing last year when he went down like a true Warrior after a 3 touchdown and close to a 200 yard game againsed your rival & this year he can't run the ball, that's Pikeville politics at it's finest...... I love the BLUE with all my heart but to see these kids get delt this 3rd rate oppertunity just kills me.. Good Luck friday in Benton, I will be there cheering the Blue on as I am every week, but something needs to be done to get these kids playing ball, & get the program back on track.... How is the Burgess boy that got hurt Friday night has anyone heard anything from him?

Folks, I am sorry all the negativity, but after watching a couple scrimmages & seeing these kids basically get run off the team by the coaches comments I just can't take it any longer. There are several, not 2 or 3 either, kids that refuse to play for there school for some reason, & these kids have been starters in the past but now refuse to be around the current staff, if you all can't see this, I have got a real feeling that you will see what is wrong in just a few weeks...........

OUCH!! Bad part is, can anyone argue that most of this is not true?How is Burgess?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have waited as long as I could stand too to say anything, but pitiful (I think that is the word Bledsoe Co. Warrior used) is like saying the north pole is a little chilly. Major understatement. I know Friday night was just a jamboree, but if that is a true look at our team, it will be a long depressing season. I have watched BCHS teams that went 1-9,2-8,3-7, and even remember a 0-10 team of Coach Warden's, but the other night they would be battling for an all-time worst BCHS football team ever. I hope it was just jamboree jitters, and they can shake it off and get ready for Polk. If they can't get a win in that one they will be lucky to win 2 ball games and the way they looked the other night they would be lucky to win 1. I guess time will soon tell, but it does not look good. How many of you that are usually posting on here were down there Friday and what do you think, maybe I just expect too much.

I have waited as long as I could stand too to say anything, but pitiful (I think that is the word Bledsoe Co. Warrior used) is like saying the north pole is a little chilly. Major understatement. I know Friday night was just a jamboree, but if that is a true look at our team, it will be a long depressing season.

How many of you that are usually posting on here were down there Friday and what do you think, maybe I just expect too much.

I think you are being a little hard on them. SP is a pretty good team this year

I have waited as long as I could stand too to say anything, but pitiful (I think that is the word Bledsoe Co. Warrior used) is like saying the north pole is a little chilly. ....... but the other night they would be battling for an all-time worst BCHS football team ever.

I will stick to my guns and say 6-4.

Harder practice and higher expectations may be the reason.

I'd rather go 0-10, than not play my last year.

And yeah, I know some of the ones that quit too.

See the movie "300"? Sometimes the odds are against you.

Nothing personal, I just don't agree with "Warrior4ever" or "Bledsoe Co. Warrior".

But what do I know, I'm just a stinky little varmit ! Go Blue !

Respectfully submitted & expecting comments.......are you a WARRIOR?

Polecat

Does anyone know why these kids are quiting the team, I saw a boy on the team today & he told me that some more players have quit because of the coaching staff or lack there of???? the 2 that quit this week were starters the way I was told & one of them made some sort of complaint about the way the coach was talking about his Race? Is the school board going to do something about this if it is true??? How did everyone like the new coach's debuet in Jasper friday night, I thought we looked pitiful, except for a play or 2, why was Chris Watson not running the ball, I spoke with a family member of his & he said Chris wants to be running the ball but Coach Robertson is not running him any??? Does anyone know why our best back is not carrying the ball? Chris was leading the valley in rushing last year when he went down like a true Warrior after a 3 touchdown and close to a 200 yard game againsed your rival & this year he can't run the ball, that's Pikeville politics at it's finest...... I love the BLUE with all my heart but to see these kids get delt this 3rd rate oppertunity just kills me.. Good Luck friday in Benton, I will be there cheering the Blue on as I am every week, but something needs to be done to get these kids playing ball, & get the program back on track.... How is the Burgess boy that got hurt Friday night has anyone heard anything from him?

Folks, I am sorry all the negativity, but after watching a couple scrimmages & seeing these kids basically get run off the team by the coaches comments I just can't take it any longer. There are several, not 2 or 3 either, kids that refuse to play for there school for some reason, & these kids have been starters in the past but now refuse to be around the current staff, if you all can't see this, I have got a real feeling that you will see what is wrong in just a few weeks...........

I've talked to a bunch of the players and they said that Coach Roberson has never said anything about race.... They said that the player just couldn't cut it on the team...

I have waited as long as I could stand too to say anything, but pitiful (I think that is the word Bledsoe Co. Warrior used) is like saying the north pole is a little chilly. Major understatement. I know Friday night was just a jamboree, but if that is a true look at our team, it will be a long depressing season. I have watched BCHS teams that went 1-9,2-8,3-7, and even remember a 0-10 team of Coach Warden's, but the other night they would be battling for an all-time worst BCHS football team ever. I hope it was just jamboree jitters, and they can shake it off and get ready for Polk. If they can't get a win in that one they will be lucky to win 2 ball games and the way they looked the other night they would be lucky to win 1. I guess time will soon tell, but it does not look good. How many of you that are usually posting on here were down there Friday and what do you think, maybe I just expect too much.

Watson not running at 100% and Maas quiting the team because of personal reasons is big blow to the team.... I hope Watson will get faith back in his knee and run full throttle... Burgess getting hurt again isn't good, not sure how long he will be out or if he is going to play this friday night.... The big DT not playing like he should but I'm thinking that they will work these problems out soon...

Nothing personal, I just don't agree with "Warrior4ever" or "Bledsoe Co. Warrior".

Polecat

I hope I am wrong and they do go 6-4 or better. But time will tell that I am not. I am a Warrior and as I have stated numerous times I have been watching BCHS football and played wearing the blue and gold before most people on here were born. That does not make me an expert or anything like that, but I have seen alot over the years. I would agree with you about going 0-10 vs not playing, but most kids today are not there. They do not seem to have that sense of pride and committment to being a "WARRIOR". That reflects leadership from the coaching staff and school personel. Maybe I am wrong, and again I hope I am. Just observations from an old wore out warrior.

Watson not running at 100% and Maas quiting the team because of personal reasons is big blow to the team.... I hope Watson will get faith back in his knee and run full throttle... Burgess getting hurt again isn't good, not sure how long he will be out or if he is going to play this friday night.... The big DT not playing like he should but I'm thinking that they will work these problems out soon...

These do sound like some pretty good excuses, but that is all these statements are. We could also blame it on the heat or maybe some got sick on the bus ride down. That is a joke. Players not being ready usually reflects work ethic. Watson not running 100%, weren't you the one talking about his 40 time weeks ago? I don't think I have ever known a BCHS team with this many injuries and kids quitting at the beginning of the year. Does anyone have an explanation and not just another excuse. There is a difference in the two.

Polecat

I agree, Polecat. Save me a seat Friday night.

I've talked to a bunch of the players and they said that Coach Roberson has never said anything about race.... They said that the player just couldn't cut it on the team...

I talked with a parent this morning in town while eating breakfast that said his son heard Hubbie make a comment to the kid about mexicans not supposed to play football anyway....... That is exactly what the kid told his father that night after practice........ This is not acceptable behavior from a man who is supposed to lead our children, & I think the school board needs to address this issue & the behavior of the any school system employee who makes such comments or remarks... I love all the excuses for coach hubbie, & staff but wait until after the Dunlap game & we will see what the excuses are then...... As for Chris running the ball, a family member of his says he's ready to go, it ain't him or his knee, so that boat ain't floating here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the kids on the Team, Good Luck Warriors in the upcomming season & play your heart out for yourself, your family, your community & your school....

These do sound like some pretty good excuses, but that is all these statements are. We could also blame it on the heat or maybe some got sick on the bus ride down. That is a joke. Players not being ready usually reflects work ethic. Watson not running 100%, weren't you the one talking about his 40 time weeks ago? I don't think I have ever known a BCHS team with this many injuries and kids quitting at the beginning of the year. Does anyone have an explanation and not just another excuse. There is a difference in the two.

Excuses? Them are not excuses just facts..... When a kid that comes off knee surgery makes a tackle and when he hits the ground he says" Ouch my knee is killing me everytime I hit it on the ground."... That usually means he is not a 100% but call it what you want... No one can answer your questions but other has-beens because you don't want to believe anyone else....

I talked with a parent this morning in town while eating breakfast that said his son heard Hubbie make a comment to the kid about mexicans not supposed to play football anyway....... That is exactly what the kid told his father that night after practice........ This is not acceptable behavior from a man who is supposed to lead our children, & I think the school board needs to address this issue & the behavior of the any school system employee who makes such comments or remarks... I love all the excuses for coach hubbie, & staff but wait until after the Dunlap game & we will see what the excuses are then...... As for Chris running the ball, a family member of his says he's ready to go, it ain't him or his knee, so that boat ain't floating here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the kids on the Team, Good Luck Warriors in the upcomming season & play your heart out for yourself, your family, your community & your school....

I've talked to about 80% of the team and asked them if he said anything like that and they all said no..... I know Coach Roberson real well and I know that he would never say anything like that... Sounds like its just someone trying to start something that way everyone will turn on Coach Roberson...