Bledsoe County Football?

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scalded dogg, i don't claim to be a football expert. However, I am not stupid and I do watch the games. I don't spend my time standing along the fence like I was a player. Instead I find a nice seat along with my wife and we watch the game together. Usually I talk with my sons and sometimes my grandsons. In my younger years I liked to sit in the middle of the pack toward the top. Sometime ago I used to sit in front of Jamie Warden and talk football. Now I just sit there and enjoy it. The truth is that if some people would admit that the problems that Bledsoe County athletics have are real then we could move forward. Instead we want to claim that it is only because a certain coach or player did something wrong. Truthfully the teams in the last several years have been lacking in discipline and a committment that you must have to win. The team this year (from what I hear) has talent especially with Watson and Colvard but is lacking in depth (nothing new in BC) and heart. The lack of heart is something that has happened in the last few years. We have been laughed at because we are old and talk about the good old days but the truth is that as far back as I can remember our teams played physical and hustled. That wasn't the case over the last few years and until I see that type of football I will be disappointed. Now to whomever made the comment about the superintendent may be right. The local politicians who have power must exert it. I am sick of getting on a message board and being discouraged but I am even more upset that what I feared would happen to our community is happening. We need growth and we need young people moving home to work and be proud of where they are from. We do not have to have a plant move in, instead let some of these people come back and start their own business and then support it. I will be there Friday night and I will be proud to still be wearing the Blue and Gold.

scalded dogg, i don't claim to be a football expert. However, I am not stupid and I do watch the games. I don't spend my time standing along the fence like I was a player. Instead I find a nice seat along with my wife and we watch the game together. Usually I talk with my sons and sometimes my grandsons. In my younger years I liked to sit in the middle of the pack toward the top. Sometime ago I used to sit in front of Jamie Warden and talk football. Now I just sit there and enjoy it. The truth is that if some people would admit that the problems that Bledsoe County athletics have are real then we could move forward. Instead we want to claim that it is only because a certain coach or player did something wrong. Truthfully the teams in the last several years have been lacking in discipline and a committment that you must have to win. The team this year (from what I hear) has talent especially with Watson and Colvard but is lacking in depth (nothing new in BC) and heart. The lack of heart is something that has happened in the last few years. We have been laughed at because we are old and talk about the good old days but the truth is that as far back as I can remember our teams played physical and hustled. That wasn't the case over the last few years and until I see that type of football I will be disappointed. Now to whomever made the comment about the superintendent may be right. The local politicians who have power must exert it. I am sick of getting on a message board and being discouraged but I am even more upset that what I feared would happen to our community is happening. We need growth and we need young people moving home to work and be proud of where they are from. We do not have to have a plant move in, instead let some of these people come back and start their own business and then support it. I will be there Friday night and I will be proud to still be wearing the Blue and Gold.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!! I can't believe that I actually took the time to read this garbage.

I can't either. You obviously do not care about Bledsoe County athletics or the school system. So why do you insist on making posts on this thread? Is football really so bad in your area that no one has anything to say about it. Might I suggest reading the newspaper or watching the news for you. Ok, watch the news, as reading the paper for someone with your obvious level of intellingence might be a little too challenging.

There we go point proved!

I am gonna say this Hubert roberson is the head coach at Bledsoe County high School!

It does not matter if you like it, or if i like it, or if we or democrats or republicans, or whatever!

I DO KNOW THIS! There are some boys on that team that have tuffed rougher practices than they have seen in the past few years! They are very excited about this upcoming season so beating a dead horse no longer needs to happen!

But i also want to say this. After season is over i will stand in the courthouse yard with you and others who want some changes in the upper administration!

But right now these boys and the entire coaching staff needs our support! So lets support the team in the ways needed and let Hubert get a few games under his belt before we give his evaluation!

Lets stand on the fence or sit in the bleachers and support our team!

GO BLUE

Does anyone know why these kids are quiting the team, I saw a boy on the team today & he told me that some more players have quit because of the coaching staff or lack there of???? the 2 that quit this week were starters the way I was told & one of them made some sort of complaint about the way the coach was talking about his Race? Is the school board going to do something about this if it is true??? How did everyone like the new coach's debuet in Jasper friday night, I thought we looked pitiful, except for a play or 2, why was Chris Watson not running the ball, I spoke with a family member of his & he said Chris wants to be running the ball but Coach Robertson is not running him any??? Does anyone know why our best back is not carrying the ball? Chris was leading the valley in rushing last year when he went down like a true Warrior after a 3 touchdown and close to a 200 yard game againsed your rival & this year he can't run the ball, that's Pikeville politics at it's finest...... I love the BLUE with all my heart but to see these kids get delt this 3rd rate oppertunity just kills me.. Good Luck friday in Benton, I will be there cheering the Blue on as I am every week, but something needs to be done to get these kids playing ball, & get the program back on track.... How is the Burgess boy that got hurt Friday night has anyone heard anything from him?

Folks, I am sorry all the negativity, but after watching a couple scrimmages & seeing these kids basically get run off the team by the coaches comments I just can't take it any longer. There are several, not 2 or 3 either, kids that refuse to play for there school for some reason, & these kids have been starters in the past but now refuse to be around the current staff, if you all can't see this, I have got a real feeling that you will see what is wrong in just a few weeks...........

for you fans and players it will be along ride .and it could be a long ride back. but i know this you guys come over here and play your hearts out come at the end of the game win or lose your still winners and no one can take it from you good luck to you all. dont let the politics stand in front of your high school years.or any others person for that matter