East TN 4A and 5A

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think you would be looking more towards North Carolina or Virginia? It would be a heck of a game if you all played your new coach's old school in NC

I dont know who they are looking at i graduated last year. If they play the new coach's old school it would be bad news for the devils

I think that Farragut will be a team to look at as well. They have an outstanding RB, and have added much more of a spread offense to their attack. Not sure how the Defense will do, but they should be real strong on offense. Look for Science Hill to come out swinging. They have launched a new attitude, and have seen some incoming transfers that will help immediately. William Blount is getting better every year. They are playing in a much tougher league than 1-5A. The have found not only speed, but size. Their coach knows how to win games. Probably one of the toughest schedules around too. As always Oak Ridge, and Ooltewah are the region 2-5A tops. Sevier Co. is always in the mix. Speed is something they have much of. Brewer one of my favorite coaches will have his Smokey Bears in the playoffs and knocking someone off. Bearden will have to gather themselves, after losing a great coach. They have also got speed on their side. Halliday will be the one to watch -see him run, see him throw.

Morristown East is a very experienced team, and will make the city rivalry one to remember this year. They return one of the fastest kids around. He is a danger at RB and as a KR. Attitude and Confidence is a key to their season. Maryville is still the team to beat. You will see Burnette be able to settle down a little more this year with not having to share the spot. With two exceptional targets to throw to, they are still leaps and bounds ahead of anyone. Yes I said anyone. Knoxville West should sprint by many this year, but will struggle with you know who (Maryville). Morristown West although always good in region 2-4A will take one on the chin this year. Maybe even by a 3A team from Knoxville. The one thing that you can count on though, Woods will have his team ready. If you noticed I did not mention the former Powerhouse Knox Central. Although they have some tremendous athletes, they are losing all their depth to the team wearing the Maroon and White South of the Duck Pond. Powell will struggle this year with little to no athletes, nor monster lineman. Lowe will have to demand everything from his Panthers to even have a chance at the 4 spot.

I think that Farragut will be a team to look at as well. They have an outstanding RB, and have added much more of a spread offense to their attack. Not sure how the Defense will do, but they should be real strong on offense. Look for Science Hill to come out swinging. They have launched a new attitude, and have seen some incoming transfers that will help immediately. William Blount is getting better every year. They are playing in a much tougher league than 1-5A. The have found not only speed, but size. Their coach knows how to win games. Probably one of the toughest schedules around too. As always Oak Ridge, and Ooltewah are the region 2-5A tops. Sevier Co. is always in the mix. Speed is something they have much of. Brewer one of my favorite coaches will have his Smokey Bears in the playoffs and knocking someone off. Bearden will have to gather themselves, after losing a great coach. They have also got speed on their side. Halliday will be the one to watch -see him run, see him throw.

Morristown East is a very experienced team, and will make the city rivalry one to remember this year. They return one of the fastest kids around. He is a danger at RB and as a KR. Attitude and Confidence is a key to their season. Maryville is still the team to beat. You will see Burnette be able to settle down a little more this year with not having to share the spot. With two exceptional targets to throw to, they are still leaps and bounds ahead of anyone. Yes I said anyone. Knoxville West should sprint by many this year, but will struggle with you know who (Maryville). Morristown West although always good in region 2-4A will take one on the chin this year. Maybe even by a 3A team from Knoxville. The one thing that you can count on though, Woods will have his team ready. If you noticed I did not mention the former Powerhouse Knox Central. Although they have some tremendous athletes, they are losing all their depth to the team wearing the Maroon and White South of the Duck Pond. Powell will struggle this year with little to no athletes, nor monster lineman. Lowe will have to demand everything from his Panthers to even have a chance at the 4 spot.

Leonard.

You have been busy. Farragut LBs will be solid, and blitzing. The spread will be a "sterling" addition. They will do a lot of both untill OL/DL get some experience. On the money with Science Hill and transfers. Billy Blount will have a GREAT defence this yr. The Owls could go very deep. Best Bearden team in maybe a decade. OR has a lot to prove. Are they still elite? IMO, no. Hope I'm wrong. Sevier lost too much.

Murville continues to roll, might be best MoEast team in....forever. Ryan and Co. at West will see a deep playoff run. Might be against Red Bank, then you know who, and we shall see if Burnette is better. Never underestimate Coach Woods. Don't see them losing in HD. If Jamie Wilson is healthy, Central could do more damage than a lot of folks think. Powell on the money. Halls, I just can't figure yet.

ruse?

Leonard.

You have been busy. Farragut LBs will be solid, and blitzing. The spread will be a "sterling" addition. They will do a lot of both untill OL/DL get some experience. On the money with Science Hill and transfers. Billy Blount will have a GREAT defence this yr. The Owls could go very deep. Best Bearden team in maybe a decade. OR has a lot to prove. Are they still elite? IMO, no. Hope I'm wrong. Sevier lost too much.

Murville continues to roll, might be best MoEast team in....forever. Ryan and Co. at West will see a deep playoff run. Might be against Red Bank, then you know who, and we shall see if Burnette is better. Never underestimate Coach Woods. Don't see them losing in HD. If Jamie Wilson is healthy, Central could do more damage than a lot of folks think. Powell on the money. Halls, I just can't figure yet.

ruse?

Won't be the best Morristown east team forever. They were State Champs in 1969. But maybe the best since then /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> They have athletes and a good coach.

Won't be the best Morristown east team forever. They were State Champs in 1969. But maybe the best since then /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> They have athletes and a good coach.

noonesfool.

If it was before being able to watch Gilligans Island in color, it qualifies as forever.

ruse?