Region 4-5A Predictions

VOL DAWG

OK...there is a lot of Oakland, Smyrna and Riverdale reps on this site...but how do yall see the other 5 teams in the regions doing. Give Your Predictions.

1. Smyrna - TOO MUCH TALENT

2. Riverdale - Talent pool drying up, thats why you see all the coaches leaving. (Wyant and Baseball's Powers are examples), but they have prolly one more year of good ball before they become mediocre.

3. Lebanon - Lots of players back with lots of talent at skill positions.

4. Oakland - Surely Labron can get it done...young, new offense...he better hope he does..new facilities arent going to keep waiting for him to finally win.

5. Siegel - Surely Watson can at least get close to the playoffs..lol...young, freshman teams have been very good for two years...maybe put the freshman head coach in charge and maybe they can win.

6. LaVergne - Should have lots of talent.

Wilson Central and Blackman.....who knows....were very dissappointing last year..but who knows?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VOL DAWG @ Jun 7 2007 - 01:13 PM) 826472560[/snapback]OK...there is a lot of Oakland, Smyrna and Riverdale reps on this site...but how do yall see the other 5 teams in the regions doing. Give Your Predictions.

1. Smyrna - TOO MUCH TALENT

2. Riverdale - Talent pool drying up, thats why you see all the coaches leaving. (Wyant and Baseball's Powers are examples), but the =y have prolly one more year of good ball before they become mediocre.

3. Lebanon - Lots of players back with lots of talent at skill positions.

4. Oakland - Surely Labron can get it done...young, new offense...he better hope he does..new facilities arent going to keep waiting for him to finally win.

5. Siegel - Surely Watson can at least get close to the playoffs..lol...young, freshman teams have been very good for two years...maybe put the freshman head coach in charge and maybe they can win.

6. LaVergne - Should have lots of talent.

Wilson Central and Blackman.....who knows....were very dissappointing last year..but who knows?

1. Riverdale

2. Smyrna

3. Lebanon

4. Oakland

5. LaVergne

6. Wilson Central

7. Siegel

8. Blackman

I say Riverdale over Smyrna just because until they don't finish first in the region they are the top dawgs...lol

1. Riverdale

2. Smyrna.

3-8. Everybody Else.

Thats not to say that the other 6 teams arent good, but there really isnt one that stands out from the rest. I do think Blackman will do much better than what people think, they made some real big strides as the season went on and some of those sophmores that were dominating as freshmen will have a chance to play I imagine. If I had to pick another 2 teams to make the top 4 into the playoffs at this point I would have to say Lebanon and Lavergne, much as I hate to say it, but I believe Oakland will be right in the thick of things and if this new offense works out like I think it can, 3rd would not be a big stretch for Oakland

QUOTE(HSsportsfootball @ Jun 8 2007 - 03:59 PM) 826472989[/snapback]LaVergne WILL be back in the playoffs.

The only absolute certainties in this region is that Smyrna and Riverdale will make the playoffs. However, LaVergne does have enough pieces returning to make another run, but they will have to duke it out with Oakland, Lebanon and possibly Siegel and Blackman. I hope that LaVergne finds a different formula for success this year, I dont imagine they will be able to wiggle out a of 0-3 hole again

Alot of things have not been answered yet for me to make any major predictions.

1. Will Lebanon's Coach be back in the drivers seat or is he still the interim principal?

2. Will Sonny Grey really be playing this season?

3. Who will be calling the offense this year at Oakland?

4. Will LaVergne be able to really put the offense together this season and is it the same one that the old HC used?

5. Will R'dale have a deep threat passing game this year?

6. Why is Blackman and WC flying so low under the radar?

7. The only pick I really feel confident in is that Siegel will be in the cellar until they get someone to call the offense besides who is calling it now.

QUOTE(Lost Old Dad @ Jun 8 2007 - 05:29 PM) 826473016[/snapback]Alot of things have not been answered yet for me to make any major predictions.

1. Will Lebanon's Coach be back in the drivers seat or is he still the interim principal?

2. Will Sonny Grey really be playing this season?

3. Who will be calling the offense this year at Oakland?

4. Will LaVergne be able to really put the offense together this season and is it the same one that the old HC used?

5. Will R'dale have a deep threat passing game this year?

6. Why is Blackman and WC flying so low under the radar?

7. The only pick I really feel confident in is that Siegel will be in the cellar until they get someone to call the offense besides who is calling it now.

2. I would be completely shocked, stunned, whatever adjective you want to use if Sonny Gray doesnt come back next year. Corbin doesnt put any pressure on his signees to just stick to baseball, so I cant forsee a scenario where Sonny isnt slinging the pigskin. However, with or without him, Smyrna is still going to contend for another gold ball

3. All indications point toward Brandon Messick taking the snaps under center for Oakland. Brandon is smart and athletic, and from what I have heard recently, has grasped the offense pretty well in the short amount of time that it has been installed. At this point, I feel much better about our offense than I ever did in 06, given the experience that Oakland has coming back and implementing a offense that takes advantage of their main strength on offense, which is at the qb position

4. Hester was named HC at LaVergne, so I can only assume that it would be the same offense, maybe he changes it around alot to accomodate tillery and gray, but the basic principles of it should be the same. The bigger question for LaVergne should be how will they do with around A-Rod calling the shots at Qb? He is the only QB they have had in that spread offense

5. When Coach A was at Hillsboro, they were never a team that would be confused for the St. Louis Rams, so I imagine that will always be the case for however long he is at Riverdale. And as he showed last year, when his offense is executed right, its near impossible to stop

6. I think Blackman is flying low just because of the low representation on these boards for the blaze and the fact that they have finished next to last in the region and have struggled to be competitive. As far as WC goes, I think there is a feeling that their formula for success left with Alexander going to Cumberland

7. The offense maybe predictable, but Siegel has proven a good run game and a solid defense will keep you in a lot of games. However, they do need to throw when its the appropriate time and the same goes for the run, even if the passes fall incomplete every time, at least you make the opposition respect that the threat of a balanced offense is there

If my sources are correct, it will be Coach Brad Cowan calling the O at Oakland this season.

As for Blackman, they are flying under the radar b/c their most famous CoachTposter ( bragger) known as fball was forever silenced by 82cat. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Hope he is enjoying that cheerleading championship. We all know a superior freshman team doesn't always translate to wins on varsity.

As for Siegel, who is calling the D? Has Butler been allowed to return this year? To me, that will be a huge factor for them this season.

As for Wilson Central.......a lot of very disgruntled parents can ruin a program's progress.

Sources at Riverdale proclaim there WILL be a passing threat this year. I guess we will find out for sure in week 0.

Sonny will play football......no doubt in my mind about that.

Lebanon....a lot of returning veterans. Did anyone jump ship to Friendship?

Lavergne? Depends on who is under center.....

Really good discussion.

I think Riverdale will throw the ball better this year...but it will be the short to intermediate routes that Smith executes well.

Gray is an interesting question. Maybe the bigger question is whether he ever plays at Vandy or goes staright to the minors after graduation. He has a very bright future in baseball.

Saw that we had the annual prediction of Riverdale's demise. Riverdale has been on their last good year for as long as I can remember. Glad to get that one in the books.

There will be some good sophomores around the region this year.

I'm going to predict that there will be at least one big surpise this year and that wi9ll come from either Blackman, Oakland, or Lebanon.

Like 75 days to go?

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Jun 8 2007 - 06:58 PM) 826473048[/snapback]2. I would be completely shocked, stunned, whatever adjective you want to use if Sonny Gray doesnt come back next year. Corbin doesnt put any pressure on his signees to just stick to baseball, so I cant forsee a scenario where Sonny isnt slinging the pigskin. However, with or without him, Smyrna is still going to contend for another gold ball

3. All indications point toward Brandon Messick taking the snaps under center for Oakland. Brandon is smart and athletic, and from what I have heard recently, has grasped the offense pretty well in the short amount of time that it has been installed. At this point, I feel much better about our offense than I ever did in 06, given the experience that Oakland has coming back and implementing a offense that takes advantage of their main strength on offense, which is at the qb position

4. Hester was named HC at LaVergne, so I can only assume that it would be the same offense, maybe he changes it around alot to accomodate tillery and gray, but the basic principles of it should be the same. The bigger question for LaVergne should be how will they do with around A-Rod calling the shots at Qb? He is the only QB they have had in that spread offense

5. When Coach A was at Hillsboro, they were never a team that would be confused for the St. Louis Rams, so I imagine that will always be the case for however long he is at Riverdale. And as he showed last year, when his offense is executed right, its near impossible to stop

6. I think Blackman is flying low just because of the low representation on these boards for the blaze and the fact that they have finished next to last in the region and have struggled to be competitive. As far as WC goes, I think there is a feeling that their formula for success left with Alexander going to Cumberland

7. The offense maybe predictable, but Siegel has proven a good run game and a solid defense will keep you in a lot of games. However, they do need to throw when its the appropriate time and the same goes for the run, even if the passes fall incomplete every time, at least you make the opposition respect that the threat of a balanced offense is there

2. Actually the indicators are pointing to Quincy Williams as the starter and Messick the back-up. Quincy and Messick have really put in the time and effort to learn this offense. However Quincy has been playing quarterback longer and so is more adapt at the position up to this point. Now whether he is the starter in August is to be determined, but the quarterback competition is keeping all the quarterbacks on their toes. That goes for all the positions, we have more competition for starting spots and so pushes each player to do more.