Region 4-5A Predictions

VOL DAWG

you need to tell adeylott because he keeps calling it the wing t

2nd game riverdale vs smyrna at riverdale the main stat besides the final score was this

7 points and none after the 1st qtr 3 qtrs without a score in a playoff game at riverdale - it is just my opinion but you will never make me believe any past riverdale team running a pro style riverdale offense would be shut out for 3 qtrs, as a matter of fact that is usually where riverdale pours it on.

once again everyone has their opinions and obviously I think Riverdale with the talent they have would be better running a more balanced offense.

In fact the Oak Ridge team did shut them dowm with there pro-style offense and there great running backs Miller, Butler, & Hunter.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew about Coach Mitchell leaving, so that was no surprise. I haven't heard about any others. It is very sad when coaches leave any program this close to season starting as it is difficult to replace them. I hope what you are saying doesn't turn out to be true as we are short-staffed as is. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Guess Smyrna is trying to get 30 on staff like Riverdale?

OH...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to oaklandpatriots!

I agree Smyrna had 3 coaches leave a few years ago like 3 weeks befor the season and it hurts. In 05 coach Shad was defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator. Since he was running the offense there was no one for the defensive players to talk to when they came off the field.

Mitchell has been hired at Smyrna

I also heard a couple other Oakland coaches are also leaving but not from anyone reliable so who knows

IF Smyrna has 30 coaches for the next 10 yrs maybe it would make up for having the fewest coaches in 5a the past 10

As I noted last year having a full experienced coaching staff made a huge difference and allowed a team with talent to also work on good fundamentals. I can not emphasize enough the difference in Smyrnas practices last than years before.

As an example having coach Robbins (20 yrs experience coaching qbs in college) there to coach Sonny was huge.

After having a skeleton crew staff in 05 I am very excited about the staff Smyrna has now.

What does Mitchell coach?

I agree Smyrna had 3 coaches leave a few years ago like 3 weeks befor the season and it hurts. In 05 coach Shad was defensive coordinator and offensive coordinator. Since he was running the offense there was no one for the defensive players to talk to when they came off the field.

Mitchell has been hired at Smyrna

I also heard a couple other Oakland coaches are also leaving but not from anyone reliable so who knows

IF Smyrna has 30 coaches for the next 10 yrs maybe it would make up for having the fewest coaches in 5a the past 10

As I noted last year having a full experienced coaching staff made a huge difference and allowed a team with talent to also work on good fundamentals. I can not emphasize enough the difference in Smyrnas practices last than years before.

As an example having coach Robbins (20 yrs experience coaching qbs in college) there to coach Sonny was huge.

After having a skeleton crew staff in 05 I am very excited about the staff Smyrna has now.

What does Mitchell coach?

Mitchell coached Linebackers at Oakland and was liked by most of the players that I know.

My source on the other two coaches who are possibly inquiring about Riverdale and Smyrna is VERY reliable.

Mitchell coached Linebackers at Oakland and was liked by most of the players that I know.

My source on the other two coaches who are possibly inquiring about Riverdale and Smyrna is VERY reliable.

I know, for an ABSOLUTE FACT, that none of the remaining 7 Varsity coaches are looking elsewhere. I don't know who your "reliable" source is, but I wouldn't count on it.

mitchell coaches LBs.

he always cared more bout baseball than football.

he is a good coach.

i played 4 him, & respected him.

but most his position players didnt like him.

good luck 2 him.

he always wanted 2 go back 2 his alma mater.

hear he has a new baby.

no way anybody else leaves ohs.

Sling, I am going to trust that you and oland have major insider information..... and I am going to relax instead of worry about this now. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Good idea. The only thing you should be worrying about is who mans the grill this season and how we are going to improve. Coaches leaving is not a worry.

I know, for an ABSOLUTE FACT, that none of the remaining 7 Varsity coaches are looking elsewhere. I don't know who your "reliable" source is, but I wouldn't count on it.

Trust me I don't want any more to leave!!! I care just as much as anyone on here about Oakland. Just realize that I do have sources close to the team and other teams as well. just because they are looking doesn't mean they are leaving. If a coach can get a better opportunity somewhere else I am not against it. No matter what happens Mr. Vaughn, Coach Collins, and Coach Ferg care too much to let this team slip anymore!!! Go Pats

I think the rest of the staff has invested way too much time, energy, and love into this team to consider leaving at this time.

magoo, I know you care deeply about this team just like we all do.

BTW sling........do you know who WILL be manning that grill this year?? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I think the rest of the staff has invested way too much time, energy, and love into this team to consider leaving at this time.

magoo, I know you care deeply about this team just like we all do.

BTW sling........do you know who WILL be manning that grill this year?? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I would assume Trent Messick, but I am not privy to such "classified" info as that. As good as he was last year, he may have gotten a "promotion."