UT 7-on-7 Team Passing Camp

rappy

QUOTE(Whippersnapper @ Jun 12 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826474343[/snapback]The real question is who made out the 22 team tournament brackets, a 12 team and a 10 team bracket with the winners playing for the title.

A. Paris Hilton

B. Two Live Crew

C. LaMarcus Coker

D. 5th Grader

Interesting...I vote "B" considering Luther and his Liberty City Boys were representing on the hill over the weekend! He probably was a little off kilter after his late Saturday night "Freak Show Production" on the strip.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FultonPride @ Jun 12 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826474173[/snapback]No, Science Hill was beat by Farragut in the Quarterfinals. They had a decent showing, beating a very surprising Cloudland team that upset an extremely athletic Lower Richland team from Columbia, SC in the first round. Cloudland had a chance to upset SH, but their last second hail mary deflected off of the recievers helmet, bounced straight up in the air and then fell behind the receiver.

Farragut defeated Fulton and Oak Ridge defeated Ravenwood in the Semis…Oak Ridge beat Farragut in the Finals 20-7.

It is interesting to note that Fulton beat both Oak Ridge and Ravenwood handily earlier in the day (3 TDs to 0). Fulton missed on numerous deep balls to wide open receivers versus Farragut as they used one safety in deep coverage…you have to give the Admirals credit for sticking with their game plan to hit the short crossing routes

I was wondering who were the other teams besides the ones mention? There was good informational feedback on Vandy's Music City 7 on 7 last Thursday. I'm having a hard time finding the same information about the Tennessee 7 on 7.

QUOTE(FultonPride @ Jun 12 2007 - 08:11 AM) 826474173[/snapback]No, Science Hill was beat by Farragut in the Quarterfinals. They had a decent showing, beating a very surprising Cloudland team that upset an extremely athletic Lower Richland team from Columbia, SC in the first round. Cloudland had a chance to upset SH, but their last second hail mary deflected off of the recievers helmet, bounced straight up in the air and then fell behind the receiver.

Farragut defeated Fulton and Oak Ridge defeated Ravenwood in the Semis…Oak Ridge beat Farragut in the Finals 20-7.

It is interesting to note that Fulton beat both Oak Ridge and Ravenwood handily earlier in the day (3 TDs to 0). Fulton missed on numerous deep balls to wide open receivers versus Farragut as they used one safety in deep coverage…you have to give the Admirals credit for sticking with their game plan to hit the short crossing routes

Did you notice ,that Demarcus Rogers ,Rafiel Coffey ,Jarred Stevens ,and tournament MVP David Irby ,did not play. Did you even notice:. Just wondering Mr. pride.

QUOTE(81orgrad @ Jun 12 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826474420[/snapback]Did you notice ,that Demarcus Rogers ,Rafiel Coffey ,Jarred Stevens ,and tournament MVP David Irby ,did not play. Did you even notice:. Just wondering Mr. pride.

Not Really...I guess they didnt play during the TIE with Fulton the night before either?

Just Wondering!

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jun 12 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826474401[/snapback]I was wondering who were the other teams besides the ones mention? There was good informational feedback on Vandy's Music City 7 on 7 last Thursday. I'm having a hard time finding the same information about the Tennessee 7 on 7.

Tennessee Teams that participated:

Knox Fulton

Knox West

Knox Austin East

Farragut

Oak Ridge

Anderson County

Cloudland

Science Hill

Ravenwood

Chatt McCallie

Franklin

Out of State teams:

Lower Richland (Columbia, SC)

Greenville High (Greenville, SC)

JL Mann (Greenville, SC)

Miami AllStars (Luther Campbell's former Pop Warner players)

Kenton (Ohio)

Stone Mountain (GA)

North Wilkesboro (NC)

QUOTE(Whippersnapper @ Jun 12 2007 - 07:59 PM) 826474343[/snapback]The real question is who made out the 22 team tournament brackets, a 12 team and a 10 team bracket with the winners playing for the title.

A. Paris Hilton

B. Two Live Crew

C. LaMarcus Coker

D. 5th Grader

The Soph. to be QB from Miami was the most impressive there bar none. Great ball and looks very fast.

Just wanting to get this on here for reference later on. As I stated last year Irby is the kind of QB Or needs he has a strong arm and can and will stand in there and deliver the ball. He looked a little questionable last year in a couple games but I think these kids mature a lot between their soph and junior year. Although a passing league is just that.. it doesnt really mean much as far as the season goes. Qbs rarely have 3 seconds to sit in the pocket with the only thing on their mind is throwing the ball. We will see when he has the big uglies runnin in to smash him in the mouth. Personally I think he may prove to be one of the best QBs to come through OR. Time will tell. After last year as an OR fan I will take a passing league win or two or anything else positive as an improvement and be happy about it. Early season prediction. OR makes the playoffs and finishes 1 or 2 in the region. They will win some playoff games and will be back in the semis in 87 and back at the boro in 88.

QUOTE(Wildmanfan @ Jun 12 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826474474[/snapback]Just wanting to get this on here for reference later on. As I stated last year Irby is the kind of QB Or needs he has a strong arm and can and will stand in there and deliver the ball. He looked a little questionable last year in a couple games but I think these kids mature a lot between their soph and junior year. Although a passing league is just that.. it doesnt really mean much as far as the season goes. Qbs rarely have 3 seconds to sit in the pocket with the only thing on their mind is throwing the ball. We will see when he has the big uglies runnin in to smash him in the mouth. Personally I think he may prove to be one of the best QBs to come through OR. Time will tell. After last year as an OR fan I will take a passing league win or two or anything else positive as an improvement and be happy about it. Early season prediction. OR makes the playoffs and finishes 1 or 2 in the region. They will win some playoff games and will be back in the semis in 87 and back at the boro in 88.

Are we stuck in the 80's?

QUOTE(FultonPride @ Jun 12 2007 - 10:08 PM) 826474465[/snapback]Tennessee Teams that participated:

Knox Fulton

Knox West

Knox Austin East

Farragut

Oak Ridge

Anderson County

Cloudland

Science Hill

Ravenwood

Chatt McCallie

Franklin

Out of State teams:

Lower Richland (Columbia, SC)

Greenville High (Greenville, SC)

JL Mann (Greenville, SC)

Miami AllStars (Luther Campbell's former Pop Warner players)

Kenton (Ohio)

Stone Mountain (GA)

North Wilkesboro (NC)

How did Cloudland do. I heard they held their own.

I am with Wildmanfan on the taking of anything positive. The team last year tried, it just did not come together. Those young men from last years team were great people, just not their time at football. Looking forward though, instead of backwards, the upcoming OR teams, both this year and what one can see two years down the road, look like they have some awesome talent rising up. Anybody who counts OR down and out based on last years record is only looking to be passed on the road ahead. Region 2-5A is a great place to be when you compete with the likes of Farragut, Ootlewah, SD and then play outside the region with teams like Dobyns Bennett. Some of the best Friday night can offer.

SHHS actually lost by 1 in a lifetime situation. Joslin scored a td to put shhs up with 30 sec. left and farragut drove down and with 3 sec. left threw a line drive pass to the endzone and sophmore McPherson batted it out of the running backs hands and the ball bounce of the the farragut players foot and into the air and he caught it to win the game. So shhs hill should be goin to LA.

Also shhs lost 4 of there 14 games by 3 points or less. so yea they are doin outstanding!