Region3-5A

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said if you look correctly that it would be cookville and LC fighting for 1st I'm not saying LC runs away with it just saying that it'll be close between those to for 1st with in a game or 2 and I'm just goin with LC this year to mix it up and who ever ends up second will get a little push from coffee but all in all i say coffee still slide in third

Well you said it would be either Cookeville or Lincoln County in the first sentence,then said later on that it would be a good fight between Coffee & Cookeville for 2nd place...

By the way it's a good thing you're a radio man cause you sure as heck couldn't be a beat writer!!

Ever heard of a PERIOD?

THE SQUAD

There is no way that cookeville finishes third. Our team this year is better than last years team. No one in our district is going to be able to stop Dustin Langford, and Taylor Hennigan is much improved over last year. The defense is more aggresive and the o-line should be lots better.

I think it will be:1.Cookeville

2.Lincoln Co.

3.Coffee Co.

4.Warren Co.

5.Franklin Co.

6.Cumberland Co.

All i got to say is you better watch those boys from franklin co. The enjoyed the heck outts beatin yall on techs field last season and have you home this year

most of the schools in this area are 4A (shelbyville, tullahoma,white county) however, there is no way oakland or any of the murphesboro teams would move, they would loose too much money, and how cumerland county wound up in this region ill never know because most of our games are over 2 hours away, plus our enrollment right now will be closer to 1100 or 1200, it would be great to get enough teams that cc could go to a region they actually belong in but I dont see that happening or this region changing unless you can get 1 of those teams to move up

I've been saying for years that Sparta should "play up" if they could get in 3-5A.

They would be legit contenders for a playoff spot every year(like they are now...) and a lot of the past few years would've made the playoffs in 3-5A.Not to mention the fact the travel would be much better & they'd be playing teams their fans can more readily identify with as compared to the Chattanooga area teams they play now.

Cookeville was stuck in a Chattanooga area region for several years in the '90's & it was horrible.

No offense to the teams,it was just the travel.

By the way,don't complain about being in 3-5A,you could be in 2-5A! Course I don't guess it really matters(again,no offense,hard to compete when your school's cut in half...)

THE SQUAD

I've been saying for years that Sparta should "play up" if they could get in 3-5A.

They would be legit contenders for a playoff spot every year(like they are now...) and a lot of the past few years would've made the playoffs in 3-5A.Not to mention the fact the travel would be much better & they'd be playing teams their fans can more readily identify with as compared to the Chattanooga area teams they play now.

Cookeville was stuck in a Chattanooga area region for several years in the '90's & it was horrible.

By the way,don't complain about being in 3-5A,you could be in 2-5A! Course I don't guess it really matters(again,no offense,hard to compete when your school's cut in half...)

THE SQUAD

none taken, were getting better though, last year was tough on everybody new coaches school system not cooperating for hiring assistants, players quitting halfway through the year, we were the kings of if it could happen it did, I was proud to play on that team though, we did our best and were alot more competive as the year went along, we played cookville close and blew a fieldgoal and missed a wide open tackle for a safety that turned into a 99yd td and completely turned the game around. The line should be much improved over last year as well as the dbs as almost all of them return, our biggest concern is team speed and skill players but were getting there. our freshmen class has a couple people that will see some pt this year on the varsity level that could develop into big time players

as for regions, we chose to stay in this one as the maryville region which would be where we ended up would not have been good. and I know what ya mean with travel were in the bradley basketball district, thats 3 trips plus district and regionals to cleveland a year for basketball,

BTW do you know what white co.'s numbers are for enrollment they cant be far off mpst of us

BTW do you know what white co.'s numbers are for enrollment they cant be far off mpst of us

According to tssaa.org they were 1205 in 2006(which is right between Tullahoma & Hillsboro...)

Not sure what the parameters for the classifications are though,I couldn't find that right off...

THE SQUAD

THE SQUAD

Totally agree nice post

I look for Wilson Central and Lebanon being added to y'alls region next time there is a re-alignment. Especially if Rutherford County has the new High School in the building stage. It is going to be interesting though when we see the numbers and how some schools play with them. Gonna be interesting to see which Region they put Maryville is in also in 5A.

I look for Wilson Central and Lebanon being added to y'alls region next time there is a re-alignment. Especially if Rutherford County has the new High School in the building stage. It is going to be interesting though when we see the numbers and how some schools play with them. Gonna be interesting to see which Region they put Maryville is in also in 5A.

I believe that they will put the Wilson Co. schools in with the Sumner Co. Schools, or it makes sense to me. I don't know what they will do with region 3-5A but it will be interesting to see.