Murphy Fair's 2007 Football Preview

Big Country

It is about that time of year folks. The dead period is almost upon us and after that teams around the state will begin preparations for the 2007 high school football season. Just about that same time Murphy Fair's 2007 High School Football Preview Magazine will be released. This preview has by far and away been the state's best when it comes to looking at high school football for the past several years now. It started as mainly a midstate preview but over the years it has become a statewide thing. The magazine is just one week away from hitting the printers and there are still several teams out there who have not submitted surveys. Here is the list so if your team is not included you'll know why!!!

Bledsoe Co.

Booker T. Washington

Brainerd

Carver

Centennial

Chester Co.

Clarksville Northeast

Northwest

Columbia Academy

Community

Copper Baisin

Cumberland Gap

Daniel Boone

David Brainerd

Dresden

Eagleville

East Ridge

East Robertson

Ensworth

Ezell Harding

Fayette Ware

FRA

Frayser

Gibson Co.

Gleason

Glencliff

Greeneville

Hamilton

Hampton

Haywood

Houston Co.

Howard

Jackson Central-Merry

Oakhaven

Kirby

Lenoir City

Manassas

McGavock

Melrose

Memphis Central

Memphis East

Memphis Northside

Memphis Southside

Mitchell

Munford

Nashville Christian

North Greene

Pigeon Forge

Rossville Christian

Rutledge

Scott

Sequoyah

Smyrna

South Greene

Sullivan Central

Sullivan North

Sullivan East

Sunbright

Sycamore

Tennessee Temple

Tipton Rosemark

Unaka

Upperman

Volunteer

Wartburg

Westside

Westwood

Wilson Central

Wooddale

York Institute

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Jun 11 2007 - 05:06 PM) 826473931[/snapback]It's ridiculous that any school would not return the survey. Laziness on the part of the coaches. I counted 70 schools on that list! Its unfair to the kids and the fans.

I agree 100%. Murphy Fair has always been good to the Middle Tn area and I think it is a travesty that he will be blamed for the non-coverage instead of the head coaches.

I think there is a difference of opinion on that issue.

Some coaches have commented that they no longer

receive a complimentary book for sending in the

survey.

There are other issues that are discussed about the

book, but I will not go into them here.

Many of the schools on the above list have had coaching

changes.

QUOTE(2priceless @ Jun 11 2007 - 05:18 PM) 826473935[/snapback]I agree 100%. Murphy Fair has always been good to the Middle Tn area and I think it is a travesty that he will be blamed for the non-coverage instead of the head coaches.

For the educated High School Football fans on CoachT, it is know for Murphy Fair website and magazine to be big joke. It's not the coaches job to make Murphy Fair money. It is Murphy Fair job to make Murphy Fair money. If Murphy Fair wants to get off his lazy rear end, this information is available by investigated research. If Murphy wants to sell his magazine, he should realize this problem and get into action to investigate and research High School Football in Tennessee. Failure to do this investigated research results in a poor quality product that is worthless to the High School football fans.

I commend the High School Coaches in Tennessee for taking this stand for not submitting surveys. If you notice, the top programs are not on the list. This should tell you something about how the coaches feel about Murphy and his survey.

As for Big Country, I would suggest to CoachT to request you and Murphy to pay for advertising Murphy Fair magazine on CoachT. Murphy Fair contributes nothing to support the CoachT website.

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jun 11 2007 - 05:46 PM) 826473952[/snapback]For the educated High School Football fans on CoachT, it is know for Murphy Fair website and magazine to be big joke. It's not the coaches job to make Murphy Fair money. It is Murphy Fair job to make Murphy Fair money. If Murphy Fair wants to get off his lazy rear end, this information is available by investigated research. If Murphy wants to sell his magazine, he should realize this problem and get into action to investigate and research High School Football in Tennessee. Failure to do this investigated research results in a poor quality product that is worthless to the High School football fans.

I commend the High School Coaches in Tennessee for taking this stand for not submitting surveys. If you notice, the top programs are not on the list. This should tell you something about how the coaches feel about Murphy and his survey.

As for Big Country, I would suggest to CoachT to request you and Murphy to pay for advertising Murphy Fair magazine on CoachT. Murphy Fair contributes nothing to support the CoachT website.

Top programs haven't returned forms? I didn't see Franklin, Riverdale, Ravenwood, Ooletwah, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Hillsboro,Alcoa.......on the lists, did you? Aren't they consistently in the hunt for the ring?

Whether you buy a book or not.......many folk do enjoy seeing their kid's name in print. Those of us not familiar with teams in the Western part of the state enjoy educating ourselves through this book.

It is all for the kids, man.

The kids see their names and pictures in local newspapers,

which the coaches prep.

Why is Big Country on here sending Murphy Fair messages?

Doesn't Fair have a website?

QUOTE(THSVikings2004 @ Jun 11 2007 - 05:44 PM) 826473951[/snapback]I think the coaches should fill out the survey regardless of whether or not they receive incentives such as a free book, money, etc. They should do it for the kids.

Why would the 'educated' fan consider Murphy's web site a joke? Isn't the 'educated' fan interested in the top 1000 players in the state according to the coaches? Isn't the 'educated' fan interested in the over 50 coaching changes in the state since last season?

Isn't the 'educated' fan interested in updated standings on Friday night? Isn't the 'educated' fan interested in the only attempt anywhere to pull together stats from as many areas of the state as possible and combine them into one list?

CoachT has a tremendous site and all of us appreciate the chance to come on these boards and speak our mind and spread info. Murphy chose to go in a different direction. Both sites are popular and serve their visitors as best they can.

West Tennessee coaches for whatever reason just don't seem to respond to the survey like coaches in middle and east Tennessee do. Hopefully these posts will help that, as will the list on Murphy's site.

And isn't there an amazon.com add with your post? What does amazon.com do for high school football in Tennessee?