Class 1A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

Your last two posts sounds like a reverse of what was being said last year. Word for word. Did you go back and copy my posts or do you hold that much anger that you can remember? I would like to think the latter. I love the way you continue to feed words into my mouth again. Selectively maybe, you left out the we are going all the way without a loss. Maybe because of what happened in Mboro. You had the better team, you said so. Thats all you had to say all year.

My opinion about this year is> FC is the defending region champs and the team to beat. Reguardless what GV has for talent or has done in the past. Take note of this statement so you are not confused on what I said. Right click, click copy. Go to your documents open a folder label it Mo$$$$ said and click paste then save. In case you dont know how. But I know you know how better than me with no FC education using this welfare computer you helped buy me with your taxes. So much for the truce from last year, I guess.

On a lighter note. Do you think the best team overall won at Mboro last year? Or the best choked? I didnt get to ask that of you last year. You disappeared after that game. Or assumed another screen name. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Moss, you amuse me. Be careful with your stick you could poke an eye out.

I have no idea what your post from last year said. As soon as I read them I forgot most of them. However, here is what I do remember from your many long diatribes:

1). You said your Tigers would beat the cross county night chickens. Result was a G-ville loss.

2). You said the Tigers would beat FC in G-ville. Result was a humiliating G-ville loss.

3). You said your Tigers would beat TC in G-ville. Result was a heartbeaking G-ville loss.

4). You said your tigers would beat FC in the rematch. Result was a very hard-fought G-ville season ending loss.

5). You said your horn would be loud. Result was a lot of noise!!!!!

So what lessons can I take and give our fellow posters here on Coach T from your last year's statements:

That Moss might not judge football talent with any wisdom but is very astute when it comes to making and channelling hot air into alot of noise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Everyone in the Region knows FC's team was Sr. heavy last year and it showed come playoff time. This year should and could be your tigers year to dominate Region 4. I for one predict you guys make it to the boro if Smith stays healthy and your O line can protect him from weekly game plans prepared to stop him. You still have to come up with a 2nd option or 3rd option as the season develops.

As for the FC loss in the Boro, I would say two great teams played and one lost. However, I would also say that other Region 4 schools have lost in that game only to rebound the next year and win it all. If you need a history lesson on who that may be ask the members of your coaching staff that will give you the answer. I know its been like 23 years and your memory may be fading at your age.

Finally, I didn't disappear after football, I only sat back and watched as basketball and baseball season came and went in Region 4. In case you were wondering FC defeated your beloved Tigers (by 20) on their home floor for the district championship and then lost to Temple (STATE CHAMPS) who had revenge on their mind in the substate basketball game. And then as baseball season progressed FC stopped in at Bush's market in G-ville bought a couple of brooms and swept the Tigers on their way to the 2007 1A STATE BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP. So I was a little busy traveling the state watching top notch programs instead of poised behind a computer in Gracious and Growing Gordonsville like you Mo$$Y.

As for our "truce". You will find me rooting for G-ville in every game that does not feature the Commanders. Best of luck on your teams quest!!! I look forward to watching the Commanders defend their 2nd Region 4 title in the past 3 years.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you were a kid did you ever poke a stick at a snake to watch him strike it back? Knowing he couldnt do any damage. I guess I never got my fill of it. I been waiting for him to crawl out from under the rock for a while. Surely you dont think I dont know him and his sarcasm. I played with him all last year. Its better than watching TV. Sorry Im so easily amused. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> We even called a truce last year. I let him crawl off. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now watch the fireworks!!!! Here snakie, snakie,snake. Come strike the stick.

Wasn't talking about you MO$$$$, the person whoever I quoted, and yes, I know you and Volzchump like to poke fun at one another and...

how is beating someone 21-6 humiliating?

Moss, you amuse me. Be careful with your stick you could poke an eye out.

I have no idea what your post from last year said. As soon as I read them I forgot most of them. However, here is what I do remember from your many long diatribes:

1). You said your Tigers would beat the cross county night chickens. Result was a G-ville loss.

2). You said the Tigers would beat FC in G-ville. Result was a humiliating G-ville loss.

3). You said your Tigers would beat TC in G-ville. Result was a heartbeaking G-ville loss.

4). You said your tigers would beat FC in the rematch. Result was a very hard-fought G-ville season ending loss.

5). You said your horn would be loud. Result was a lot of noise!!!!!

So what lessons can I take and give our fellow posters here on Coach T from your last year's statements:

That Moss might not judge football talent with any wisdom but is very astute when it comes to making and channelling hot air into alot of noise! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Everyone in the Region knows FC's team was Sr. heavy last year and it showed come playoff time. This year should and could be your tigers year to dominate Region 4. I for one predict you guys make it to the boro if Smith stays healthy and your O line can protect him from weekly game plans prepared to stop him. You still have to come up with a 2nd option or 3rd option as the season develops.

As for the FC loss in the Boro, I would say two great teams played and one lost. However, I would also say that other Region 4 schools have lost in that game only to rebound the next year and win it all. If you need a history lesson on who that may be ask the members of your coaching staff that will give you the answer. I know its been like 23 years and your memory may be fading at your age.

Finally, I didn't disappear after football, I only sat back and watched as basketball and baseball season came and went in Region 4. In case you were wondering FC defeated your beloved Tigers (by 20) on their home floor for the district championship and then lost to Temple (STATE CHAMPS) who had revenge on their mind in the substate basketball game. And then as baseball season progressed FC stopped in at Bush's market in G-ville bought a couple of brooms and swept the Tigers on their way to the 2007 1A STATE BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP. So I was a little busy traveling the state watching top notch programs instead of poised behind a computer in Gracious and Growing Gordonsville like you Mo$$Y.

As for our "truce". You will find me rooting for G-ville in every game that does not feature the Commanders. Best of luck on your teams quest!!! I look forward to watching the Commanders defend their 2nd Region 4 title in the past 3 years.

Oh dang he broke my stick. I need to get another. Hold on I will get another. Heres a nice one. Poke, poke. We having fun yet? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can' see anyone stopping the mighty Gordonsville Tigers and their tradition. It's been 23 years since their last Gold ball and the rest of the state might as well pack it in cause nobody can stop their QB and that high powered O. After all according to Moss they return everything important to the title chase. They almost made it last year except for a last minute victory by the Commanders in Lebanon. Everyone else in Region 3&4 better step aside cause G-ville has booked rooms in Murfreesboro for the Blue Cross bowl.

I see Clint's boys coming in 2nd. They were embarrassed last year by Watertown, Macon Co, FC, & Temple. Losing to 2 privates in one year could not have made things pleasant in Hartsville over the past few months. If I live to be 100 I'll never forget the look on his & the rest of the Clampett's faces standing in that South endzone during the FC / Temple playoff game whining about FC and actually cheering for Temple. It just made FC's win that much more satisfying as we watched the TC faithful heading for the cars mid-way thru the 3rd quarter. I hear the so called "dead-period" doesn't apply in TC. Afterall the tobacco still has to be topped. However, I wonder how the T$$AA would look at a team conditioning during "tobacco season".

My beloved Commanders will do well to finish 3rd in the talent stacked region 4. Losing all those Sr's and having to play so many underclassmen will prove extremely tough. The average linemen for FC should be about 5'3 165 lb's this year but they will be quick /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Add to that their QB graduated and they may have to start an 8th grader or Fr /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> . Rumor has it they are gonna spread the field 5 wide and try throwing it around a little.

Defensively, almost the entire secondary is gone and losing a former Mr. Football finalist at MLB left us devasted defensively. Is there anyway FC can even hope to make the playoffs? On top of all this our Jr. High team hasn't won a game in 5 years. Can any of these young FR and SO's step in ready to bring it each week in the State's toughest Region? Gordonsville, TC, H2O-town will all be lying in wait for a chance at payback. There is talk that FC should look at moving to 2A or 3A for a few years where the competition might be easier. But nah, that is where all the "good" privates are now, right Clint?

Watertown should finish 4th. With their new transfer tailback and a solid crew returning Webster should position himself well for a week 11 visit to South Pitt.

The Region champion will be hard pressed to advance to the semifinal game. If the past 2 years are any indication of what to expect I would guess that this years Regular season champ better bring their A-game for that quarterfinal game if they expect to make it past S. Pitt or an upset minded repeat game against another Region 4 foe. TC barely escaped (#2) FC in 2005 the 2nd time around and FC barely escaped (#2) G-ville the 2nd time around last year. It will be the biggest game of the year with alot more riding on it than a Region Championship and beating someone a 2nd time is always more difficult.

Where did Watertown's tailback transfer from? What kind of player is he

Wasn't talking about you MO$$$$, the person whoever I quoted, and yes, I know you and Volzchump like to poke fun at one another and...

how is beating someone 21-6 humiliating?

Or by 1 on the repeat? Sounds like Volschump is expecting a GV past record to happen this year for FC. Loose or Choke the first time and win the gold second time around. Who knows maybe they had a good draft this year. Poke , poke. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You mean Watertown has a transfer and they dont know it? Best take a roll call Watertown. Hey Vols who is he? Tellum. They may be able to use him. Or was that another mistake you made in reporting what is said? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Or was that a last year transfer? Or the one FC put a crack back on last year? POKE

Watertown's transfer is Ethan Patterson from Eagleville / MTCS. He transferred in the spring last year and is the cousin of 2004 Region 4 Offensive player of the year Adam Patterson. I'm sure real Gordonsville fans (not Johnny come lately's --Moss) will recognize the family name.

Supposedly he has lots of speed but as usual with H2O-town may suffer as the season progresses from getting all of Region 4's defensive attention on weekly basis. Watertown usually has at least one weapon but when they have had real success in the past they have had depth and multiple options offensively.

If you and the rest of G-ville need anymore scouting of whats happening outside your glass house in Smith Co let me know Moss. I'll try to keep you guys informed.

As far as last years humiliating 1st loss, you might have forgotten it was 21-0 in the 1st quarter and another td for FC was also called back. Then the reins were pulled in and the Commanders coasted thru the 2nd half.

As for last years rematch, there was nothing humiliating for the TIGERS. As I have said here many times before they played superb football and were a class act in that game except for one goofy lineman who wanted to taunt FC fans in the middle of the 1st half not realizing football is a four quarter game. They dominated FC for the 1st 2 quarters before fatique kicked in and the better team prevailed. At the end of last season G-ville was as good as anyone in TN in 1A. How is that for refreshing your memory of my position on your Tigers. Like I've said before, I'm a Commander 1st and a Region 4 fan 2nd. It doesn't matter to me that you send your kids to public school. Can you guys say the same. I know H-ville fans can't!!!!

Does anyone remember who was picked to win Region 4 in last years pre-season Coach T poll?

I think it might have been Trousdale CO #1, FC #2, G-ville # 3 in that order. As we all know it finished completely different.

Should be interesting to see how this season pans out. Personally I like my team being picked 2nd. It serves as motivation and gives them something to shoot for as opposed to having that bullseye weighing on your back week in and week out. I know it affected teams like TC, South Pitt, Jo Byrns, Mt. Pleasant, Temple as the season wore on last year. Its hard to get up for a Region's #3 team or someone not ranked in the top 10 but its easy for people to get up when they are playing the #1 ranked team in the STATE.

Beware G-ville, it is alot easier being ranked No. 1 in July and Aug than it will be in OCT-DEC!!!

Watertown's transfer is Ethan Patterson from Eagleville / MTCS. He transferred in the spring last year and is the cousin of 2004 Region 4 Offensive player of the year Adam Patterson. I'm sure real Gordonsville fans (not Johnny come lately's --Moss) will recognize the family name.

Supposedly he has lots of speed but as usual with H2O-town may suffer as the season progresses from getting all of Region 4's defensive attention on weekly basis. Watertown usually has at least one weapon but when they have had real success in the past they have had depth and multiple options offensively.

If you and the rest of G-ville need anymore scouting of whats happening outside your glass house in Smith Co let me know Moss. I'll try to keep you guys informed.

As far as last years humiliating 1st loss, you might have forgotten it was 21-0 in the 1st quarter and another td for FC was also called back. Then the reins were pulled in and the Commanders coasted thru the 2nd half.

As for last years rematch, there was nothing humiliating for the TIGERS. As I have said here many times before they played superb football and were a class act in that game except for one goofy lineman who wanted to taunt FC fans in the middle of the 1st half not realizing football is a four quarter game. They dominated FC for the 1st 2 quarters before fatigue kicked in and the better team prevailed. At the end of last season G-ville was as good as anyone in TN in 1A. How is that for refreshing your memory of my position on your Tigers. Like I've said before, I'm a Commander 1st and a Region 4 fan 2nd. It doesn't matter to me that you send your kids to public school. Can you guys say the same. I know H-ville fans can't!!!!

Oh my hes back. strike the stick. He knows it all folks. Here to tell me how great FC is and how sad everyone who is not a part of FC College prep school is. Reporting his view on the GV loss last year. Need to spend more time explaining how FC lost the Mboro game. I haven't heard that one yet. Do some talented reporting on that.

Fighting the private public debate again.

For the record I don't care where you send your kids to school. Don't care if you home school them. Don't care if you work them like the Amish do. They are your kids. I don't care if GV plays privates, public, or any organized team. As long as my son has fun doing what he enjoys as a sideline to his education.

Did it occur to you there is other reasons folks have for not sending their kids to private schools instead of public other than the money? There are folks that don't share your religious ideas for one. There are folks who don't care to belong to private organizations. I know its hard for you to understand this. There is kids who are not cut out for College. You don't know them they don't qualify to go to your school. However someone has to change your oil, build your house, service your AC, work on your car, and do the things a College grad didn't learn to do. Some folks don't share your ideas of the ideal lifestyle. Which so far has been a good reason to live in America. The next time you get you car worked on, home appliance repaired, roof replaced, or other things you know nothing about. Check what it cost you. They also make good money. Without College. So if everyone went to College where would we be? Who would do all these things we know nothing about. A good business class and a trade will take you a long way in life. Who makes more, the guy that owns a big lawn service and never went to College or a teacher? For the record I meet teachers without jobs working as waitresses.

This glass house may be people minding their own business. That idea come to you?

We really don't need to be informed about who has who. What difference will it make? Gv gets films to view they will be in them. I was just yankin your chain. because I think scouting is reserved for a level above High School. I cant name more than a couple of guys on other teams. That make me a second class citizen? Reread what you write. A bystander would think you are an egotistical boaster. Sorry I don't share your ideas. Now line me up with the rest and shoot me.

As for last years rematch, there was nothing humiliating for the TIGERS. As I have said here many times before they played superb football and were a class act in that game except for one goofy lineman who wanted to taunt FC fans in the middle of the 1st half not realizing football is a four quarter game. They dominated FC for the 1st 2 quarters before fatique kicked in and the better team prevailed. At the end of last season G-ville was as good as anyone in TN in 1A. How is that for refreshing your memory of my position on your Tigers. Like I've said before, I'm a Commander 1st and a Region 4 fan 2nd. It doesn't matter to me that you send your kids to public school. Can you guys say the same. I know H-ville fans can't!!!!

I can tell you one thing, my kids won't go to a public school. They possibilities are greater at a private school because for the most part, the Tennessee public education system is a joke. But they will be down to earth people and not walk around like their crap don't stink, some people from private schools do do that.