Look out for this guy!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i've heard that Sweetwater High School..... has one of the best kickers in the state.....able to kick 45-55 yr kick....so who know about this player and also its his first time playing football....lets see wat sweetwater can do

Kickers dont win championships. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 1 month later...

A kicker can be a huge asset in high school ball. If for no other reason then for kickoffs. If you have a kid who can put it in the endzone 50 % of the time, making a team go 80 yards to score is always an advantage. I'd like to see them change the rule and allow a kickoff to be run out of the endzone. This year, the rule should help us since our Kicker, MoMo, does have the leg to put his kickoffs in the endzone. He did it several times last season.

I believe Oliver Springs' Jake Johnson has hit one from 67 in practice. He's hit from 53 in a game as a sophomore and had 5-10 yards to spare.

You mean 67 feet right? The NFL game high is 63. Done twice.

I know a guy who can kick it 65+ barefoot. Passed on a scholarship to kentucky

Again, 65 feet maybe. See above reason.

The way some teams are promoted on here they dont need a kicker.

That is the bloody truth.

You mean 67 feet right? The NFL game high is 63. Done twice.

I said Johnson's hit from 67 yards in practice. His long in a game is 53 yards. Back in the 80s, Tennessee signed a kid from Nevada named Dirk Borgonone (sp?) that hit one from 68 yards in a high school game. He never made it at UT though because for as long as he could kick it, he kicked it about as wide. Never was very consistent.

One good thing about high school is that if you have a kicker with a great leg then you might as well try a long field goal because if the ball reaches the end zone the other teams starts from the 20. It's not like college where they would get it from the previous spot.