7AAA

live2succeed

Here is how it looks with one week of regular season left:

Riverdale 6 - 0 - 0 = 18 points with one game left against Siegel

Siegel 5 - 0 - 0 = 15 points with two games left against Riverdale and Cookeville

Blackman 5 - 2 - 0 = 15 points

Cookeville 4 - 2 - 0 = 12 points with one game left against Siegel

White County 2 - 4 - 1 = 7 points

Lebanon 2 - 5 - 0 = 6 points

Oakland 0 - 5 - 2 = 2 points

Warren County 0 - 6 - 1 = 1 point

Good luck to everyone on the rest of the season and looking forward to the tournament at Oakland.

Your points are pretty much meaningless until Siegel and Riverdale play. Since Siegel has played a much stronger overall schedule and faired well I would say they are favorites going into next Wednesdays game. Riverdale may be somewhat improved from last year but so is Siegel.

Siegel and Riverdale will most likley play twice if not three times like last year. But Siegel took the 2006 games 6-2, 4-1, 4-1. I would predict the same this year.

Wednesday should be fun... A lot of bragging rights on the line.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your points are pretty much meaningless until Siegel and Riverdale play. Since Siegel has played a much stronger overall schedule and faired well I would say they are favorites going into next Wednesdays game. Riverdale may be somewhat improved from last year but so is Siegel.

Siegel and Riverdale will most likley play twice if not three times like last year. But Siegel took the 2006 games 6-2, 4-1, 4-1. I would predict the same this year.

If by "meaningless" you mean that this is a prediction of how the final standings are going to be, then I agree. What I posted was not meant to say this is how it is going to actually end up. There are still games left to be played and things can happen. However, if by "meaningless" you mean that they are without substance or truth, then you are wrong as these are the actual points accumulated by each team at this time. That was all that I was trying to represent. Hope this clears the matter up for you.

Standings are not pointless, they provide a picture of the current position of the teams.

Perhaps you should reserve your bragging until After the games. Despite what you did last year in Districts, you still went home early.

Standings are not pointless, they provide a picture of the current position of the teams.

Perhaps you should reserve your bragging until After the games. Despite what you did last year in Districts, you still went home early.

Excuse me mr Collierville, Oh I mean Canesoverhere if you mean playing in the State Semi-finals as going home early I guess I'll accept that.

Points are meaningless unless the teams have played the same number of games. Other wise they distort the standing.

Excuse me mr Collierville, Oh I mean Canesoverhere if you mean playing in the State Semi-finals as going home early I guess I'll accept that.

Points are meaningless unless the teams have played the same number of games. Other wise they distort the standing.

Perhaps in your world, they have no meaning. But in every other, they do. These were standings, NOT predications or rankings., They were baseed on games played, not predictions. Pick up any sports page, most of the world gains value from them. Any sport...soccer, basketball, football, softball, horseracing, golf, tennis.

Best of luck in the weeks ahead.

What do you mean by the ugliest soccer you have seen all year?

OK, maybe just the first half. First touches and passing by both teams was off, had I not seen the ball bounce on the track, I would have thought they were playing with a very flat ball. Both offenses seemed out of sync and the defenses had no shape to speak of. Don't get me wrong, both teams had a lot of hustle, but it appeared directionless most of the first half. Just my opinion though.