Knox CHS 2007

footballu

At least Fulton can win in their big games. Central has yet to get over the hump and win their only big game vs Maryville. Even when they were loaded with D I players Jackson, Scott etc.. plus several players who came up the Halls little league program. When it matters Fulton has been able to come up with the big win and bring home the gold ball. Winning at two hand touch doesn't constitute bragging rights

As far as the Cats in the upcoming season. The region is weak. Maryville of course will be a power house but after that the competition will be average. West will be o.k. but they will be a distant third the Maryville and Central. If Central can avoid injury at R.B. and the line play is solid they will challegne Maryville. Q.B. is very good and Wilson is a load at R.B. Defense will be stellar as usual. The key is getting past Maryville in the big game.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you notice how Central went right down the field on the first posession, they were about to score before the injuries. If you know Fulton that well, why dont you tell everyone how many Fulton players are from the Central youth program. The Falcons had 5 starters from the Bobcats last year, including Rogan. Fulton is loaded with athletes because theyve had a nice run, but what have they really accomplished, well they have had success against Catholic and AE, Everybody else in 3-A is weak. Comparing 3-A and 4-A ball is like comparing Arena football to the NFL.

I have no idea how many are from Central youth program .. dont care ... but I think its comical that you bring up something like that in light of how many times Central coach has went beyond the rules... thats a FACT !!!

Did you notice how Central went right down the field on the first posession, they were about to score before the injuries. If you know Fulton that well, why dont you tell everyone how many Fulton players are from the Central youth program. The Falcons had 5 starters from the Bobcats last year, including Rogan. Fulton is loaded with athletes because theyve had a nice run, but what have they really accomplished, well they have had success against Catholic and AE, Everybody else in 3-A is weak. Comparing 3-A and 4-A ball is like comparing Arena football to the NFL.

PigSkinRules.

If you knpw Central that well, why don't you tell everyone why so many players from the Central youth program have left? Why don't you share with us why so many have left, not only the youth program, but also the HS program? Don't bother going all the way back; just start with let's say 5yrs ago. After we get through that, we should chat some about this whole "comapring 3A and 4A is like comparing Arena and NFL football" perception that you have. Pretty sure I can clear that up for you.

ruse?

Tadvols.

How are Smith, Tyson, and Humphrey doing? Thanks.

ruse?

Ruse ... I was at the BigMan tournament at Powell this morning abd talked with Fulton coaches and both Vic Smith and Ken Tyson have concussuions .. Vic I think is out 2 weeks and Ken 1 week ... Humphreys still nursing ankle sprain but i dont think its too serious ..... thanks for asking ..

Ruse ... I was at the BigMan tournament at Powell this morning abd talked with Fulton coaches and both Vic Smith and Ken Tyson have concussuions .. Vic I think is out 2 weeks and Ken 1 week ... Humphreys still nursing ankle sprain but i dont think its too serious ..... thanks for asking ..

Tadvols.

Thanks. How did the BigMan Tournament Go? FYI. I was hanging around @ a Coaching Clinic deal @ UT and they had a few of the Catholic DL going through some demo/drills. They are big. The Tait kid is a legit 6-4, 300, and he can move. Have not seen feet on a kid that size in a long time. Two or three others. One went about 6-5, 250, and the next 6-3, 240. Very athletic. Vic looked terrific against Webb, @ DB. Hope they heal up quickly and don't miss too much practice time. Don't want to rush those concussions though.

ruse?

How did Central's WR's do...other than the Styles kid who else had a big impact during the tournament? Also how did McMillan perform?

Central had several kids step up. Styles and Wilson were great as expected... M. Courtney had several great catches... W. McMillan was open all night and caught several passes. Bobcats looked good in coverage as well. Now it's time to prove it in pads. Glad to hear the injured players are OK. On a side note, why all the strife on this topic?

who are W McMillan and M Courtney? is McMillan the younger brother?

W McMillan is the junior brother of the quarterback and can flat out play... Courtney is a senior who punts but will play some at receiver... also look for a couple of others to be a surprise at receiver. Honestly, what excited me the most was pass coverage...covering fast athletes from Fulton for 5 or 6 seconds is quite an accomplishment.

You really need to monitor your medication a little better.

When did Youth Program become a determinant of high school attendance...yeah, never. I played at Fulton, but played little league football at Alice Bell and Inskip and played basketball at Cumberland Estates and Northwest rec leagues (I became friends with some of those kids and thier parents urged me to play there). Your very own, Snake, played for Rule, Alice Bell and Powell youth leagues before going to Central--his zone school.

Also, your comparison of classes is tremendously skewed...you obviously arent knowledgeable about high school sports and especially classifications.