ability vs Grade in school

Every Child has a right to play? The right to play starts to end in middle school and is dead in high school. No teenage has the right to play during a game. The teenager has the right to sign up to play and practice with the team as long as the coaches rules are followed. This were it ends. This is High School.

Let me suggest five simple rules for dealing with high school football.

Rule 1: The Head Football Coach is always right.

Rule 2: When the Head Football Coach is wrong, which is never the case, refer to rule 1.

Rule 3: High School Football is not a democracy. It stops when the boy signs up for football.

Rule 4: Never ask a coach about playing time. It's OK to ask the coach for advice for improving the teenager needs to get better.

Rule 5: If unhappy with coach, move to another school zone, quit, or join the high school band

It's not the players or parents opinion to decide who is better or not to play. This is reserved exclusively for the football coaches only. Once the family understands this, no other arguments on this subject will exist in the household. A sophomore generally plays Junior Varsity. The player has to be as special player to be playing with the Varsity. It might be as a second or third teamer. The important thing of being a backup is being a team player and to be ready to give 100% when called upon.

I have experienced this from a coaching side and as a parent of a player. I will share a quick story. My son played high scholl football and latter became a D-III All-American. During his senior year the HC began a rotation playing D-Lineman. His time on Def. was greatly reduced. I asked the the coach why. He simoly stated that when the best players had to play, he would play them. True to his word, he played his best players when it mattered most, all the to semi-finals. He knew what was best for the team and the player. Trust that the coach is doing the right thing. The good ones do.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic