Sunbright alive in Dead Period?

ask_me

What coaches are on staff at Sunbright?

I have driven by many schools and seen kids playing at the outside facilities during dead period, but I have never seen coaches around though. Usually a good time for players to get together and have fun, kind of like a bonding time. Two weeks is a long time, many of the players get bored and want to play some ball, or even just toss it around some. I have seen many kids going out and working on various things they have been taught before dead period. I guess an issue would be that if a coach was at the school maintaining the fields and a kid saw him and stopped to say hi. Some players don't realize that is something can not do. Of course the coach would have to explain the circumstances and that it is a serious infraction, and ask the kid to leave.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang Boys!!! Sounds like the AD has spoken. All I know is that there must be one great faculty at Sunbright to be there a month before school starts during the week of the 4th to get ready for the 1st day. That is usually a time when there is little or no activity at schools. My nephew a UPS guy hates deliveries to schools that week because you can't find anybody there. My hats off to your staff. Now if all the rest of us can get dedicated teachers like that!!!!

Anyway it is now time for serious work all over the county.

Does it matter? It not like they will be playing the first week of Dec............

The rule is pretty clear. The school's facilities cannot be used AT ALL during the dead period. No one can use them, whether they're athletes, non-athletes, students, non-students, whatever.

This rule is fine for people in larger towns/cities where places like a YMCA or other gym facilities are available. In small towns, that luxury does not exist. The school is the only place where any weight equipment or workout facilities exist at all. Yet another TSSAA rule that is good in theory, but in practice gives far more advantages to people in higher populated areas.

The TSSAA has no authority over school facilities insofar as non-athlete usage. None. Like to see them try to get THAT into court..