Sunbright alive in Dead Period?

ask_me

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No contact with the facilities or coaches. It's only two weeks its not a hard rule to follow. The reason is good too. Even if the workouts were "not required" it would be easy to convince the players to go. "Work outs are optional...so is winning" (followed by a convincing stare) was used a lot by my coach. (not during the dead period but after practice, etc.) I'm sure nothing illegal is going on. It would be really stupid to risk an entire season because of two weeks in june/july where the weight room was open.

Makes sense! Hope everybody else thinks the same way!

Ms Shannon, the new principal, has denied anything of the kind, but there are a lot of student vehicles there through out the day. Seems a big risk for a new coach coming in. I hope there is nothing going on. Bad way to get started.

Ms Shannon, the new principal, has denied anything of the kind, but there are a lot of student vehicles there through out the day. Seems a big risk for a new coach coming in. I hope there is nothing going on. Bad way to get started.

If they are outside working out on their own, without any coach involvement, then there is no problem. If they are inside....big problem

I don't think that they would be in the clear if they are outside unless they are not on the practice or game field. "Facilities" means not only gyms and weight rooms, but also playing fields, practice fields and parking lots.... Where else is left for an athlete to do any conditioning/training/working out?? The best rule of thumb is to bar student athletes from the school premises during the two weeks and then you'll be safe for sure......

TSSAA rules say indoor facilities. Outdoor OK to use as long as no coaches

4. Dead Period -- No coaching, observing, or contact between coach and players. All indoor facilities of schools must be closed unless approved in writing by the Executive Director

I guess it doesn't matter now since dead period is over.

It might (1) if the indoor facilities were actually open and (2) if someone reported it to the TSSAA. In any case some good info was discussed. I'd hate for anyone to get in trouble just because they didn't know the rules. If someone gets caught intentionally breaking the rules I have no pity

For all of you curious eyes, Sunbright is not working out during Dead Period. The cars that are at the school belong to various staff members preparing for the first days of school, and the other cars belong to Habitat members. I do know what I am talking about because first of all I am one of the staff members, and secondly my son plays ball, and he has not stepped foot on the premises in 2 weeks, nor has any other player. So, worry a little less about what Sunbright is doing, and concentrate more on your upcoming season.

For all of you curious eyes, Sunbright is not working out during Dead Period. The cars that are at the school belong to various staff members preparing for the first days of school, and the other cars belong to Habitat members. I do know what I am talking about because first of all I am one of the staff members, and secondly my son plays ball, and he has not stepped foot on the premises in 2 weeks, nor has any other player. So, worry a little less about what Sunbright is doing, and concentrate more on your upcoming season.

Dang Boys!!! Sounds like the AD has spoken. All I know is that there must be one great faculty at Sunbright to be there a month before school starts during the week of the 4th to get ready for the 1st day. That is usually a time when there is little or no activity at schools. My nephew a UPS guy hates deliveries to schools that week because you can't find anybody there. My hats off to your staff. Now if all the rest of us can get dedicated teachers like that!!!!

Anyway it is now time for serious work all over the county.