Class 5A: Region 5 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2007?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2007?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antioch will be strong as will Overton. Antioch has to have a good qb to run that offense and that has been their downfall the past couple of years in my opinion. I can't remember the backs name from Overton but he is very good and hard to tackle. They should also be in the running for the region title. Hunters Lane has some good athletes coming back and some new ones to replace those departing. Orginally I was going with Hendersonville to round out the other spot but there are some serious problems with the Commandos. I'm not sure if Hatfield can remedy the mess to reright their playoff ways. So even though Gallatin lost everybody and the bus driver, they had a very good spring with a lot of new faces looking ready for action. The Green Wave may just round out the playoff spots. McGavock, Hillwood, and Glencliff will just have to wait and hope for something to happen to the front runners.

Antioch will be strong as will Overton. Antioch has to have a good qb to run that offense and that has been their downfall the past couple of years in my opinion. I can't remember the backs name from Overton but he is very good and hard to tackle. They should also be in the running for the region title. Hunters Lane has some good athletes coming back and some new ones to replace those departing. Orginally I was going with Hendersonville to round out the other spot but there are some serious problems with the Commandos. I'm not sure if Hatfield can remedy the mess to reright their playoff ways. So even though Gallatin lost everybody and the bus driver, they had a very good spring with a lot of new faces looking ready for action. The Green Wave may just round out the playoff spots. McGavock, Hillwood, and Glencliff will just have to wait and hope for something to happen to the front runners.

Help me understand the mess at Hendersonville. They had the number #4 in the region last year losing by 7 To Gallatin, 5 to Antioch and 2 to Hunters Lane. They return their starting quarterback and arguably their 2 best running backs (Roper and Gregory). By the way they did go on the road in the playoffs last year and did something that the Green Wave could not do, WIN! Gallatin did lose 44 seniors if memory serves me right. Hopefully everybody they play will underestimate them because they have been to the finals 2 more times than anyone else in the region in the last 10 years.

Help me understand the mess at Hendersonville. They had the number #4 in the region last year losing by 7 To Gallatin, 5 to Antioch and 2 to Hunters Lane. They return their starting quarterback and arguably their 2 best running backs (Roper and Gregory). By the way they did go on the road in the playoffs last year and did something that the Green Wave could not do, WIN! Gallatin did lose 44 seniors if memory serves me right. Hopefully everybody they play will underestimate them because they have been to the finals 2 more times than anyone else in the region in the last 10 years.

Gallatin did lose 43 seniors from a year ago. but they will still be very talented as always, its gallatin! and the only tough road games they have on their schedule this year is hunters lane and possibly overton. they also travel to mt juliet hillwood an glencliff. they host antioch hendersonville smryna lebanon and mcGavock and last i heard teams have difficulty winning there. gallatin as such a great atmosphere. the schedule seems to favor them. and about hendersonville being down. they are a very well coached team i expect some big wins from them. but they just dont seem to match up talent wise this year.

Gallatin are the champs untill somebody knocks them off. They will be lacking in experience but these kids have character and are not used to losing. Antioch is very talented but dont have the ability to win in big games. But they will be knocking on the door this year. And then theres Hendersonville. I think it will be up for grabs between Gallatin and Hendersonville. And who EVER knows how that games going to turn out.

Hatfield alluded to the "mess" this spring. Wilson Central went over there and embarressed the Commandos this spring. Also I know someone who talked to a former assisstant and that former coach told them that the team is and has been very divided for the past 3 or 4 years. Hendersonville is always a tough team and I am sure that this years team will be no different. If they can find some good linemen than I am sure they will be in the playoff hunt.

Now as for your history lesson, they need one more silverball to match Gallatin's total and 3 elusive gold ones! What has Gallatin done lately? You said it yourself...beat you by seven.

Hatfield alluded to the "mess" this spring. Wilson Central went over there and embarressed the Commandos this spring. Also I know someone who talked to a former assisstant and that former coach told them that the team is and has been very divided for the past 3 or 4 years. Hendersonville is always a tough team and I am sure that this years team will be no different. If they can find some good linemen than I am sure they will be in the playoff hunt.

Now as for your history lesson, they need one more silverball to match Gallatin's total and 3 elusive gold ones! What has Gallatin done lately? You said it yourself...beat you by seven.

Im sorry but lassiter is not a good coach. He is the reason for Gallatin lossing in the playoffs.

And the Commandos traveled to Wilson central in the spring,with no qb, and backup linebackers, and got beat.

Today was the annual hendersonville vs. tullahoma scrimmage where hendersonville won by 2 scores and a FG

but Tullahoma scored 2 times on backup defense.