Sonny Gray

Live4FridayNite615

Congrats on being the only person from TN to make it..... Does anyone know the time and date of this game??

Too bad he lives in the only state that has a problem with this game and his eligibility. Wonder how T$$AA would feel if they were getting a cut of the gate??

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Carter claims that the Gray family would have to pay for the TSSAA's travel expenses if they vote not to overturn or make an exception to the rule. Why can't the board have a conference call with everyone and vote via email or fax? This is just another example of how most of the TSSAA's rules were established in the 1950's & 1960's and have become antiquated over the years.

The rule has been in place for years. He can play next year.

http://www.aflacallamerican.com/SelectionProcess The game is for players who have just completed their junior year he will not be eligible next year. It is also to benefit children with cancer. Sonny has worked hard for this and to not be allowed to play because of a half day of school is crazy!

Why didn't Carter let this kid play in this prestigous game? Is everything black and white or could there be a little gray area. I believe this kid should have received an exception and should be allowed to play in this game as it only promotes Tennessee sports imo. This is a baseball topic so I apologize for this being on this board.

I challenge someone from the TSSAA to get on here and explain why you care who plays where, when, and what for. The kids are at the age they are trying to develop their strengths and skills and you are holding them back. One of the best ways for a player to get better is to play against the best players in the country. He will find out real quick where he stands and what he needs to work on. This in turn makes him a better player and gives him a better chance at getting some or all of his college tuition paid for. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH A KID PLAYING IN SOME ALL-STAR GAME? ANSWER THAT TSSAA!!!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING. SO AGAIN, I CHALLENGE YOU TO GET ON HERE AND EXPLAIN YOUR IGNORANT RULES AND REGULATIONS!!!!! WHO CARES HOW MANY PLAYERS FROM ONE TEAM PLAY TOGETHER ON A TEAM IN A FALL LEAGUE. THEY PLAY TOGETHER IN THE SUMMER SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER? EXPLAIN THAT!!! YOUR ORGANIZATION (TSSAA) MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!!

I challenge someone from the TSSAA to get on here and explain why you care who plays where, when, and what for. The kids are at the age they are trying to develop their strengths and skills and you are holding them back. One of the best ways for a player to get better is to play against the best players in the country. He will find out real quick where he stands and what he needs to work on. This in turn makes him a better player and gives him a better chance at getting some or all of his college tuition paid for. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH A KID PLAYING IN SOME ALL-STAR GAME? ANSWER THAT TSSAA!!!!! YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW NOTHING. SO AGAIN, I CHALLENGE YOU TO GET ON HERE AND EXPLAIN YOUR IGNORANT RULES AND REGULATIONS!!!!! WHO CARES HOW MANY PLAYERS FROM ONE TEAM PLAY TOGETHER ON A TEAM IN A FALL LEAGUE. THEY PLAY TOGETHER IN THE SUMMER SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER? EXPLAIN THAT!!! YOUR ORGANIZATION (TSSAA) MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!!

He's already committed to Vanderbilt. It is unfortunate he cannot play...but the rule is there. Until it is changed (I doubt it will be) it is the tssaa's job to enforce rules as written.

JMHO. It is great that this young man was selected to play in this game. Congratulations to him. I am no fan of the TSSAA. However if you have rules, I think you should enforce the rules consistently. No special exceptions. No "gray" areas. No participation in outside events after the first official day of school.

Again JMO.

Being selected for the AFLAC Team is such a Honor. If the TSSAA has their way and Sonny doesn't play then that will Blow anyone else from Tennesse ever getting a chance to be selected. This is getting out of control. It terrible. Pull up the AFLAC web site and check on the past players that have played and see how many of these guys have or are in the PROS. Come on TSSAA. Aren't you guy tired of all of the bad rap that you get. Do something this time and make a difference in this young man's life. Don't take it away from him.

I understand that there are rules but instead of breaking them atleast look at changing them.

He's already committed to Vanderbilt. It is unfortunate he cannot play...but the rule is there. Until it is changed (I doubt it will be) it is the tssaa's job to enforce rules as written.

I'm know the rule is there. I am wanting somebody from the TSSAA to get on here and explain why the rule is there. What is the point of it? It's the offseason so why do they care how many players from one high school can play on a team and why are they keeping this Sonny Gray kid from playing in this All-Star game? It's flat out stupid!!!!!