Sonny Gray

Live4FridayNite615

This is ludicrous.

I agree with others that the rule is in place so it should be followed, but the rule is absolutely preposturous.

I heard this game being discussed and promoted on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio yesterday. There are 38, I repeat 38 players in the nation who have been selected to play in this game. Think of the number of junior high school players who suit up a baseball uniform every year and then imagine being selected one of the 38 of that group. You want to talk about an honor? What will be more memorable 50 years from now? Sitting in a classroom filling out paperwork or getting to play n this game?

Of course, when asked, King Ronnie and his court jesters will do nothing more but talk about academics and how academics come first. Never mind that little thing called a state tournament that keeps bball players out of school a week in March or the Spring Fling where many students must choose to participate or attend their own high school graduation. But because the T$$AA can't make a buck off of it, it's not as important as academics.

The T$$AA, King Ronnie, and all the BOC and legislative board members are nothing but a bunch of absolute idiots. The only thing that any of these members care about is increasing their pension fund and taking care of their vested interests to stroke their own egos.

I would say I would gladly throw money in the hat to pay for their meeting to have this apepaled, but because I know nothing positive would come of it besides "these are the rules" I don't want to give the T$$AA any more money that the however much it will cost to attend a playoff game this fall.

I wish BA had won that ridiculous lawsuit against them just for the sole fact that they could have literally owned the T$$AA and gotten rid of the incompotent bozos who run the thing.

I also wish some other schools would get some intestinal fortitude to actually challenge jesters who run this thing. I place as much of the blame on those schools as well.

Ludicrous.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ludicrous.

I agree with others that the rule is in place so it should be followed, but the rule is absolutely preposturous.

I heard this game being discussed and promoted on the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio yesterday. There are 38, I repeat 38 players in the nation who have been selected to play in this game. Think of the number of junior high school players who suit up a baseball uniform every year and then imagine being selected one of the 38 of that group. You want to talk about an honor? What will be more memorable 50 years from now? Sitting in a classroom filling out paperwork or getting to play n this game?

Of course, when asked, King Ronnie and his court jesters will do nothing more but talk about academics and how academics come first. Never mind that little thing called a state tournament that keeps bball players out of school a week in March or the Spring Fling where many students must choose to participate or attend their own high school graduation. But because the T$$AA can't make a buck off of it, it's not as important as academics.

The T$$AA, King Ronnie, and all the BOC and legislative board members are nothing but a bunch of absolute idiots. The only thing that any of these members care about is increasing their pension fund and taking care of their vested interests to stroke their own egos.

I would say I would gladly throw money in the hat to pay for their meeting to have this apepaled, but because I know nothing positive would come of it besides "these are the rules" I don't want to give the T$$AA any more money that the however much it will cost to attend a playoff game this fall.

I wish BA had won that ridiculous lawsuit against them just for the sole fact that they could have literally owned the T$$AA and gotten rid of the incompotent bozos who run the thing.

I also wish some other schools would get some intestinal fortitude to actually challenge jesters who run this thing. I place as much of the blame on those schools as well.

Ludicrous.

great post...all they care about is money and i bet if he appeals to play they will gladly accept and get that $1000 that is required for appeals when you are in a posistion such as good ole ronnie and his court of jesters you shouldnt be allowed to stay in that posistion as long as he has it should be an elected posistion for a certain amount of time in the past 2 years all that has come from the T$$AA is abunch of rules that make alot of ppl mad they havent done anything to promote TN high school sports. i think its about time we get the T$$AA in check its time for some new people to run this thing i mean come on that rule that is keeping him from playing is like saying you have to use this brand of equipment (and its the junky brand) and thats all you can use. the t$$aa just wants to control everything and make sure all of the money comes to them and that they dont lose a penny to anyone else.

So if school started august 12th he could play?

So has anybody else thought of the ONE way this problem could be taken care of, no questions asked?

Hint - It would require a meeting....but not of the T$$AA.

Well, make that two, but that would require a teacher strike.

great post...all they care about is money and i bet if he appeals to play they will gladly accept and get that $1000 that is required for appeals when you are in a posistion such as good ole ronnie and his court of jesters you shouldnt be allowed to stay in that posistion as long as he has it should be an elected posistion for a certain amount of time in the past 2 years all that has come from the T$$AA is abunch of rules that make alot of ppl mad they havent done anything to promote TN high school sports. i think its about time we get the T$$AA in check its time for some new people to run this thing i mean come on that rule that is keeping him from playing is like saying you have to use this brand of equipment (and its the junky brand) and thats all you can use. the t$$aa just wants to control everything and make sure all of the money comes to them and that they dont lose a penny to anyone else.

Rules should be enforced...and it is hard to make an exception for one student...because then you run into the situation of where do they draw the line on future situations....HOWEVER, this rule should probably be either rewritten or completly erased from the books. Sonny Gray is a great player and it would be a great honor for him to play and represent Tennessee. If he does not get to play, Tennessee can forget ever having another represenative selected. And paying for the TSSAA to go meet somewhere is ludicrous....why can't this be done via conference call or an email vote? That would make more sense. Other than that it is probably best for him to just declare home school and re-enroll after the game has been completed. I'm not sure if that loop-hole is a viable option though.

yes

so not only can you blame the TSSAA you can blame the board of education for starting the year earlier and earlier every year for example when the rule was written by the TSSAA schools werent starting until aug 20th or so well now they add a fall break so there is one week sooner and then they have pushed a few more days back over the years.

This was the response I got from the T$$AA. Notice the flowing of crap downhill to the secretary that emailed me back. WE NEED TO BE MAD AT THE ORGANIZERS OF THIS EVENT. WOW!!

If an exception is made for him, then what happens when in

September another outstanding athlete is selected to play

in an all-star volleyball match at the end of September?

Now, I am sure there may be other athletes that have been

selected that will not be able to play as well because

their state association has a similar rule. If you are

going to be mad at someone, be mad at the organizers of

the event for not checking to see how the eligibility of

the athletes selected would be effected.

This was my reply:

So what if an all-star volleyball player gets selected to play in an

all-star game? Let her play. Again I ask you to tell me ONE good,

legitamate reason that letting them play is going to hurt anything other

than the T$$AA not getting any money off of it? You are taking away a

kid's oppportunity of a lifetime just because YOU are not making money off

of it. Tell me ONE more kid that won't be able to play in it because of

there state organization and I won't say another word. But obviously the

higher ups must have you brain washed into thinking nothing is wrong with

what you are doing to Sonny either. It is a shame and this will not be the

last time this issue will be brought up if he is not allowed to play. And

don't try to lay the blame on someone else! This is all about you guys!!

Don't give up on this guys and gals. This is an opportunity for us to voice our opinions and tell them we are not happy with what is going on.