How will Sweetwater look this year?

I have been out of the area for awhile, how will Sweetwater Football look this year? I have heard some rumors and would like to hear some info. I know that the Cats will have a tough offense again, loosing just their Qb(just,lol), third best back, and maybe their 3rd reciever. How will the new starter a Qb be? I know they have the Johnkins kid at Wr, and he is hard to handle. They have a strong backfield with the speedster Latham making moves. Heard the Ferguson kid (FB) is working hard and could be tough to handle this year. Berrong & Blomstrom should also be tough runners. They lost some lineman and Linebackers, but also have some strong retuners at those positions. Also heard that a name from the past(R. Waldon) has returned, and will be back for his senior season? Is that true?

Tell me what you know or have heard and give some more info on some of the lineman/backers, and the defense. Also tell me some of the names to watch for this year, and are there any newcomers who could make an immediate impact.

- Also does anyone have Sweetwaters schedule yet?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have to add soph. Kadrean Brewster to the mix in the backfield/secondary, he is a combination of speed and power. Waldon if he is back will also add another dimension on off/def.. Jun. Tyler Richesin should step in at Qb.Sen. Craig Latham has the speed and will leave defenders grabbing at air, and can be a lockdown cornerback. Jun. Mitchell Ferguson has football quickness, and will flatout run you over on off and is a headhunter on def.. As you said, Juniors Sammy Blomstrom and Josh Berrong will also punish you running the ball, and on defense at Lb. Chris Johnkins is the go to reciever, and a serious threat to take it to the house every play, not sure who else will step-up this year at Wr. Also look for Sen. Tightends Nathan McKnight and Barry Cozart on off as well as def. On the line watch for returning starters and seniors Jordan Monroe, Jamie Viar, Brendon King, and Coty Dmetriev. And Juniors Chris Gibson, Tyler Bradley, Darius Ridley. Incoming freshman that could play varsity Jimiese McDermott and John Knockles. Also a couple more, but names slip my mind at the moment. This is off the top of my head, and I know I am forgetting some names, feel free to fill in the blanks! Sorry for leaving some players out, it's not intential

I have been out of the area for awhile, how will Sweetwater Football look this year? I have heard some rumors and would like to hear some info. I know that the Cats will have a tough offense again, loosing just their Qb(just,lol), third best back, and maybe their 3rd reciever. How will the new starter a Qb be? I know they have the Johnkins kid at Wr, and he is hard to handle. They have a strong backfield with the speedster Latham making moves. Heard the Ferguson kid (FB) is working hard and could be tough to handle this year. Berrong & Blomstrom should also be tough runners. They lost some lineman and Linebackers, but also have some strong retuners at those positions. Also heard that a name from the past(R. Waldon) has returned, and will be back for his senior season? Is that true? Tell me what you know or have heard and give some more info on some of the lineman/backers, and the defense. Also tell me some of the names to watch for this year, and are there any newcomers who could make an immediate impact. - Also does anyone have Sweetwaters schedule yet?

I have been out of the area for awhile, how will Sweetwater Football look this year? I have heard some rumors and would like to hear some info. I know that the Cats will have a tough offense again, loosing just their Qb(just,lol), third best back, and maybe their 3rd reciever. How will the new starter a Qb be? I know they have the Johnkins kid at Wr, and he is hard to handle. They have a strong backfield with the speedster Latham making moves. Heard the Ferguson kid (FB) is working hard and could be tough to handle this year. Berrong & Blomstrom should also be tough runners. They lost some lineman and Linebackers, but also have some strong retuners at those positions. Also heard that a name from the past(R. Waldon) has returned, and will be back for his senior season? Is that true? Tell me what you know or have heard and give some more info on some of the lineman/backers, and the defense. Also tell me some of the names to watch for this year, and are there any newcomers who could make an immediate impact. - Also does anyone have Sweetwaters schedule yet?

Sweetwater will look very good this year and the defense will turn it up very high and the offensive will be explosive and unpredictable. R. Walden is not returnining for his senior year at sweetwater and he will be greatly missed, but we still have good talent here in sweetwater and someone else will step up.

Sweetwater opens it's 2007 schedule on August 24 with a home game against rival Sequoyah. The Cats have a couple new teams on its schedule as well this year.....Polk County at home about week 4 or 5 for homecoming, and then at Knox Webb about week 6 or 7. These two games replace Meigs Co. and Walker Valley as the two non region opponents besides County rivals Sequoyah and Tellico. Maybe not exactly, but the schedule looks something like this.....

August 24 Sequoyah H

August 31 Tellico A

Sept.

Known Coach Staff a long time. He has done a great job a Sweetwater. The Cats have plenty of skilled players lead by Latham at runningback. They are quick to the ball in their attacking style defense. Most likely will finish No. 2 behind the Alcoa powerhouse. You never know how teams will be playing at the end of the season. They will have a chance if the F1 Tornadoes show up. Ask the Loudon Redskins about playing the Cats late. Gook Luck to Sweetwater.

The top three in that region should be Alcoa, Sweetwater, and Loudon again this year. The rest is probably a toss up. Sweetwater lost some good players at key positions, but those positions had other good players waiting in the wings and should step in without missing much of a beat. The coaching staff does a good job getting them ready and adjusts well during a game. Alcoa will be deeper off the bench and that alone will probably win them two or three games. Good luck to the Wildcats and I hope we can join them in the playoffs this year. Looking forward to Aug. 24.