Cheatham County @ Gordonsville Week 0

croz6110

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank the kind folks of Cheatham county for the basket they made up for the Seagraves kids. Top notch folks. I am sure they will appreciate the gift. Its times like this when one realizes it could have been our own child just as easily. When they announced the gift at the game I choked up. Also showed that there is a lot of things more important than football and there is still caring people left in the world. My hats off to you Cheatham Co folks.

Look forward to seeing you guys next year at your house. It was a very exciting game to say the least. Again top notch folks in Cheatham Co..

Big Country, good talking with you. Glad we met. Please announce on your radio how much GV appreciates yalls kind support of our injured kids. Send me an address so we can send a thank you Card to all the thoughtful folks that gave to the cause.

In the magazine, they had three starters listed around 300.

I only saw one tonight, and that was the TE.

kudos to CC's QB, he played a heck of a game.

#90 & #70 for Cheatham Co. are 300lbs. (or they were prior to the heat wave and will again be that weight once the holidays roll around)

Hey MO$$$$ here is an adress to send a card to:

Cheatham Co. Central High School

1 Cub Circle

Ashland City, TN

GREAT MEETING YOU FOLKS THAT I SAW TONIGHT AND CONGRATS TO GORDONSVILLE ON A VERY WELL PLAYED FOOTBALL GAME!!!!

The Tigers are definately one of the top teams in the state in 1A and I hope they go on to win the Blue Cross Bowl. Justin Smith & Jordan Davis are quite the duo in the offensive backfield. Davis had 3TD rushing in his first game replacing the big shoes left by last year's leading rusher Travis Alexander. The Cubs did a solid job of covering Henry Whigham tonight but #25 Jesse Gullett & #17 Matthew Thornton really stepped up nicely for the G'Ville offense when Smith threw the football their way.

Defensively Gordonsville is awesome. The Cubs did not even have 100 yards rushing tonight against a stout front seven. #41 Brady Hearn is a stud at linebacker. He and Davis really flew to the ball all night long. Up front #59 Justin Sims and #65 Josh Young are also very good football players.

GOOD LUCK TO THE GORDONSVILLE TIGERS THE REST OF THE WAY!!!!!

Big Country, I know you were calling the game for the radio.

Do you have any of the stats for both teams.

I was going to come and try to talk to you, but my pregnant wife didn't let me get away much.

From the Tennessean:

Game stats: Gordonsville 27, Cheatham Co. 21

Friday, August 24, 2007

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Cheatham Co. 0 7 7 7 0 21

Gordonsville 7 14 0 6 0 27

Scoring summary

G-Jesse Gullett 58 pass from Justin Smith (Hearn kick), C-Garret Potts 16 run (Martinez kick), G-Jordan Davis 16 run (Hearn kick), G-Davis 2 run(Hearn kick), C-Justin Batts 23 pass from Potts (Martinez kick), C- Jerry Henry 12 pass from Potts (Martinez kick). G-Davis 1 run (kick failed)

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Cheatham Co. 9 30-79 7-19-0 120 3-0 4-38.0 4-20

Gordonsville 13 38-203 9-12-0 140 2-1 1-21.0 6-64

Individual statistics

Gordonsville

Rushing

Jordan Davis 8-120

Justin Smith 16-80

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Justin Smith 9-12-127-1

Receiving

Jesse Gullett 4-71, 1 TD

Mathew Thornton 3-47

Henry Whigham 2-22

Cheatham Co.

Rushing

Calvin Aschoff 1-3

Kendall Chambliss 13-49

Jacob Dodson 8-12

Garret Potts 8-15

Garret Potts 7-19-120-0

Receiving

Tyler Anderson 2-44

Calvin Aschoff 1-34

Justin Batts 1-22

Jerry Henry 2-20

From the Tennessean:

Game stats: Gordonsville 27, Cheatham Co. 21

Friday, August 24, 2007

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Cheatham Co. 0 7 7 7 0 21

Gordonsville 7 14 0 6 0 27

Scoring summary

G-Jesse Gullett 58 pass from Justin Smith (Hearn kick), C-Garret Potts 16 run (Martinez kick), G-Jordan Davis 16 run (Hearn kick), G-Davis 2 run(Hearn kick), C-Justin Batts 23 pass from Potts (Martinez kick), C- Jerry Henry 12 pass from Potts (Martinez kick). G-Davis 1 run (kick failed)

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Cheatham Co. 9 30-79 7-19-0 120 3-0 4-38.0 4-20

Gordonsville 13 38-203 9-12-0 140 2-1 1-21.0 6-64

Individual statistics

Gordonsville

Rushing

Jordan Davis 8-120

Justin Smith 16-80

Justin Smith 9-12-127-1

Receiving

Jesse Gullett 4-71, 1 TD

Mathew Thornton 3-47

Henry Whigham 2-22

Cheatham Co.

Rushing

Calvin Aschoff 1-3

Kendall Chambliss 13-49

Jacob Dodson 8-12

Garret Potts 8-15

Garret Potts 7-19-120-0

Receiving

Tyler Anderson 2-44

Calvin Aschoff 1-34

Justin Batts 1-22

Jerry Henry 2-20

Thanks Antwan & Congrats to you guys as well on the big win over LA last night.

Next week should make for a very exciting contest between the two Smith County RIVALS!!!!