Cheatham County @ Gordonsville Week 0

croz6110

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a coincidence because I am looking for some info on Gordonsville as well.

This should make for a very intense battle between two teams that quite frankly play PHYSICAL FOOTBALL!!!

As usual I will not make a prediction on the Cubs game because I will be broadcasting the game on the air. Even if I were to make a prediction it could never be an educated one because I really do not know much outside of the obvious about the football program at Gordonsville.

Here are some things that are known for sure.

G-ville returns an all-state athlete Justin Smith at QB and DB, a good running back in Jordan Davis who looked good in reserve duty last year, and 3 of 5 starting offensive linemen.

As of right now Davis will also be at linebacker.

The biggest ? is receiver. We return 3 that saw a lot of action last year, but they weren't the go-to guys. One of which was just in an ATV accident as told on another thread with some serious injuries.

We also have a first year player in junior C.J. Vaden. He is a heck of an athlete and was the starter at running back on the junior high team when he played. He has been playing just Basketball. He'll probably see time at DB and WR.

I don't see many holes on defense, considering just about everyone that'll start saw quite a bit of time last year. With the exception of a Devensive end, a down lineman, one linebacker, and a couple of spots in the secondary.

There are 69 right now working out, which is down from 80 about a month ago, and I expect it to drop by a few more.

Cheatham Co. is pretty much going to do what they do and what you see is what you get. That's all I can say to describe the team's philosophy in a nutshell. I would expect a maximum of around 40 players to be dressed in uniform for the Cubs when they unload the bus in Gordonsville to kickoff the 2007 season in week zero.

The Cubs return 4 of 5 starters on the offensive line to this year's team. That number increases to 5 out of 6 when you include the fact that the Cubs return their starting tight end as well. Both running backs, the starting receiver duo, & the starting quarterback will all be NEW FACES for the Cubs when this year begins.

Defensively the Cubs pretty much will be new everywhere but some of the faces will be the same if this makes any sense. Players will be changing positions and adjusting to new things with the hopes that the team will become more solid overall this season. Gordonsville's high powered backfield of Smith & Davis will put this group to the test to start the season.

Cheatham Co. is pretty much going to do what they do and what you see is what you get. That's all I can say to describe the team's philosophy in a nutshell. I would expect a maximum of around 40 players to be dressed in uniform for the Cubs when they unload the bus in Gordonsville to kickoff the 2007 season in week zero.

The Cubs return 4 of 5 starters on the offensive line to this year's team. That number increases to 5 out of 6 when you include the fact that the Cubs return their starting tight end as well. Both running backs, the starting receiver duo, & the starting quarterback will all be NEW FACES for the Cubs when this year begins.

Defensively the Cubs pretty much will be new everywhere but some of the faces will be the same if this makes any sense. Players will be changing positions and adjusting to new things with the hopes that the team will become more solid overall this season. Gordonsville's high powered backfield of Smith & Davis will put this group to the test to start the season.

Gordonsville will win the game. They have an unstoppable quarterback.

• 1 month later...

What scrimmages is Cheatham going to have?

Cheatham County's scrimmages are in the book. They tied both Fairview (1-1) & Waverly Central (2-2) with the varsity. The jamboree is Saturday against East Robertson and I don't expect the Cubs starters to see much action beyond one series.

Gordonsville has apparently looked good in scrimmages against Upperman, Macon Co., & Livingston Academy thus far this fall. They have Macon Co. in their jamboree on Saturday night. I can't speak on their behalf but I wouldn't expect their coaches to play the regulars very long either.

1 WEEK TO GO BEFORE THESE TWO PLAYOFF CALIBER PROGRAMS GET IT ON!!!!!!