Mountain Lakes predictions.

megahops24

Notice I said Maryville…because like it or not we all know that to make it to the 4A State Championship game from the East you have to go through Maryville.

Maybe not in a year or two. They are moving up to 5A. Wow, ain't it great that football season is right around the corner?! Good luck to you and your Vikes this year Cap.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with you. The 3 sophomores looked good last year…especially Pendleton. He has that “Ryan Shaw” mentality. There is also a freshman HB that (in my opinion) is the most athletic player the Vikings have had since DeShaud Johnson….and a sophomore HB with good size that runs the closes to a true 4.4 40 that I have seen. With that said, depending on how we fatten up the Big Boys up front…not only will the Vikings have something to say about the anticipated rise to power by Elizabethton, but I look to make another trip to Maryville sometime within the next three years. Notice I said Maryville…because like it or not we all know that to make it to the 4A State Championship game from the East you have to go through Maryville.

Who is Deshaud Johnson, never heard of him? I am new to this area.

I have to agree with you. The 3 sophomores looked good last year…especially Pendleton. He has that “Ryan Shaw” mentality. There is also a freshman HB that (in my opinion) is the most athletic player the Vikings have had since DeShaud Johnson….and a sophomore HB with good size that runs the closes to a true 4.4 40 that I have seen. With that said, depending on how we fatten up the Big Boys up front…not only will the Vikings have something to say about the anticipated rise to power by Elizabethton, but I look to make another trip to Maryville sometime within the next three years. Notice I said Maryville…because like it or not we all know that to make it to the 4A State Championship game from the East you have to go through Maryville.

Now if the Vikings can only have some fast and athletic receivers to complement those runningbacks.

I am going to assume that Baker will be in the backfield again this year, or possibly at wide receiver?

Who is Deshaud Johnson, never heard of him? I am new to this area.

I noticed that in the first of your two post you pointed out the fact that SHHS has an assistant that is also a basketball official for the Big 9. You also stated that he was one of the better officials in the Big 9. If you knew this information…you’re not that new to the area. Why don’t you log on with your OTHER username and answer your own question?

I noticed that in the first of your two post you pointed out the fact that SHHS has an assistant that is also a basketball official for the Big 9. You also stated that he was one of the better officials in the Big 9. If you knew this information…you’re not that new to the area. Why don’t you log on with your OTHER username and answer your own question?

Bart Lyons is not a coach on the Science Hill staff, he's just a leech that tries to feed his ego through the talent of kids he befriends. He may have some doings with the jr Topper program that is pop warner type league or through the parks/recreation department.

Bart Lyons is not a coach on the Science Hill staff, he's just a leech that tries to feed his ego through the talent of kids he befriends. He may have some doings with the jr Topper program that is pop warner type league or through the parks/recreation department.

You missed my point with my last post…but since you brought it up, I know Bart very well. Without people like Bart many of these kids wouldn’t see the court or field. Some of them get so sidetracked with negative influences in the streets (especially during the off seasons). Bart and people like Bart work with these kids…and yes they befriend them in the process. Sometimes this positive reinforcement is the only thing that keeps some from going to the “dark side” if you know what I mean. Bart himself is able to relate to these “wanna be gangstas” and many times keep them focused on positive goals like participating in high school team sports and athletics. You should be thankful that someone sees the potential in them and would even put up with the little knuckleheads after school and during the summer months. I myself have had an opportunity to deal with several of these same athletes on occasion, and saying that it takes patients and understanding is an understatement…but I wouldn’t change it for the world!

You missed my point with my last post…but since you brought it up, I know Bart very well. Without people like Bart many of these kids wouldn’t see the court or field. Some of them get so sidetracked with negative influences in the streets (especially during the off seasons). Bart and people like Bart work with these kids…and yes they befriend them in the process. Sometimes this positive reinforcement is the only thing that keeps some from going to the “dark side” if you know what I mean. Bart himself is able to relate to these “wanna be gangstas” and many times keep them focused on positive goals like participating in high school team sports and athletics. You should be thankful that someone sees the potential in them and would even put up with the little knuckleheads after school and during the summer months. I myself have had an opportunity to deal with several of these same athletes on occasion, and saying that it takes patients and understanding is an understatement…but I wouldn’t change it for the world!

Yeah, that's one way of looking at it and a very vaild point. I have issues with him but can recognize that he is an asset to some in the community where child producers fall short.

Yeah, that's one way of looking at it and a very vaild point. I have issues with him but can recognize that he is an asset to some in the community where child producers fall short.

I also know where you’re coming from…remember I’ve known him for a long time.

I’m curious about East. Does anybody know anything about this years team?

They will be fairly young this year like Tennessee High.

I heard they lost to Daniel Boone in a spring scrimmage.

They had 7 on 7 with West Greene and Cloudland a few weeks back. They beat West Greene, but I'm not sure about Cloudland.