Mountain Lakes predictions.

megahops24

Just curious some of your alls predictions and opinons on how the Mountain Lakes will turn out. You will of course have South and Tennessee High near the top,and it seems Johnson County is building quite the program now too,besides those main 2 this year though,its wide open. Will the coaching changes at Central and Elizabethton spark new enthusiasm and rejuvenate the programs or just be a waste? What skill position players and linemen should we look out for? Just looking for some of your alls information and opinions. Standings predictions are also welcome,I would like to see what some of you all think.

Best of luck to everyone,I can't wait for the season to start

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Tennessee High

2.South

3.East

4.Johnson County

5.Elizabethton

6.Unicoi

7.Central

8.North

Once again I have to say that I think East is going to be the shocker for everyone. There coaching staff seem to be making big strides in the right direction year after year. Elizabethton will be rebuilding that prgram but will be in the hunt. South will be the disappointment this year. I gave them the second spot out of respect, but it remains to be seen that thay have a supporting cast to go along with what is billed to be the conference Headliner. Tennessee High has it's own issues with the quarterback situation although I think it's more of an issue with the parents than with the coaching staff. I feel they know exactly who is going to hold down the starting position and will make the decision based on what is best for the team even though it might not be the most popular choice. Me personally I think they both have room for improvement but if you weigh the factors (passing, rushing, size, athleticism, and decision making) the scale easily tips to one side. Competition is a good thing and I think it will make both kids better football players in the end...especially if they are allowed to concentrate on the task at hand and can block out all of the ignorance and negativity of the parents and fans that I'm sure will come regardless of the decision. Other than that the Vikings are young and green but talented. It's just a matter of gettin in the grove.

1. South

2. Tennessee High

3. Johnson County

4. Unicoi County

5. Elizabethton

6. East

7. Central

8. North

In my opinion, South has earned the right to stay number one until otherwise proven by someone in the Mountain Lakes. I feel like their ability to keep the top spot will depend on the strength of THS's secondary. Johnson County will pound their way into the three seat, but lack the overall athleticism of last year's team to pose a serious threat to SS or TH. Unicoi returns too many starters to slip far from last year, but big losses at the QB and RB positions should be a matter of concern. Elizabethton has a lot of young, motivated talent (as of right now); but an inexperienced coach (not to mention a brand new coaching staff-chemistry matters here, too) will prove this year to be a large step in the rebuilding process. Sullivan East is, as usual, a dark horse. I feel like the loss of their assistant coach to Central will have a strong effect on both programs. East will slip slightly- even with most of their impressive linemen returning- and Central will bite North in their effort to rebuild. North simply lost too much from last year's already slim (and I mean VERY slim) roster. They may have something to reload with this season, but based on the lack of underclassmen starting I can't see this season going in their favor. There's my two cents on the matter.

1.Johnson County

2.Tn High

3.South

4.East

5.Unicoi

6.Central

7.Elizabethton

8.North

I think South is being overhyped due to their quarterback. All of the attention is on him and several holes in this team is being overlooked. Tn High has the team to win the conference but I think they will suffer a loss or 2 early on while getting their QB situation figured out. Not much talk about the Longhorns. Everyone knows they will be tough, but no one seems to be giving them a chance to win the conference. The final playoff spot will be a battle between East and Unicoi. I think Elizabethton has to many expectations this year. They will be improved and will upset a couple of teams, but I think they are a year away from making some serious noise in the conference.

1.Johnson County

2.Tn High

3.South

4.East

5.Unicoi

6.Central

7.Elizabethton

8.North

I think South is being overhyped due to their quarterback. All of the attention is on him and several holes in this team is being overlooked. Tn High has the team to win the conference but I think they will suffer a loss or 2 early on while getting their QB situation figured out. Not much talk about the Longhorns. Everyone knows they will be tough, but no one seems to be giving them a chance to win the conference. The final playoff spot will be a battle between East and Unicoi. I think Elizabethton has to many expectations this year. They will be improved and will upset a couple of teams, but I think they are a year away from making some serious noise in the conference.

Let's look at those holes General. What holes are you alluding to?

Here we go from an IMAC perspective fan

1) TH Always well coached with players in the wings. Tradition never hurts.

2) SS Phillips might take SS over the top but heavy graduation at some key spots will hurt

3) SE People talk how good Coach is, so here your spot

4) Eliz Over hyped linemen will be compensated by some excellent skill players and coaching staff.

5) JCo Will have a solid year, but Betsy is in the way

6) Un Co Nobody looking past them this year

7) SC New Coach, but same ole song, upgrading at several other conference schools hurts the Cougars

8) SN Down cycle, no one should take the blame

Let's look at those holes General. What holes are you alluding to?

You know what, I bet you know alot more about South than I do. You tell me, what DO YOU think their weakest areas are? It would be pointless for me to point out what I think they are unless you are objective enough to consider the fact that your team might have some. So you tell me, if you could wave the magic wand and improve a couple of areas of your team, what would they be?

I have enjoyed watching teams play in this conference for the last 12 years. It seems it has been dominated by three teams (THS, SS, EHS). I think it is pretty clear who wins the conference this year....South. They are defending champs and they have an outstanding QB and coaching staff. Lets face it this conference is not the strongest and you put a division 1 QB and he will dominate. I have heard some talk about him not having help. He is surrounded by more talent than people think. THS will put up a good fight, but they will most likely fall short at South. The Vikings have not played with the same intensity and smash mouth style since they ran into mighty Maryville in 04. Their youth will show. I think third place goes to Johnson Co. They are well coached and have replaced THS as the most physical team in the conference, but as always depth will be a problem. I think Elizabethton, Unicoi, and Sullivan East will battle for the final playoff spot. Good luck to all and I am looking forward to seeing you on Friday nights.

You know what, I bet you know alot more about South than I do. You tell me, what DO YOU think their weakest areas are? It would be pointless for me to point out what I think they are unless you are objective enough to consider the fact that your team might have some. So you tell me, if you could wave the magic wand and improve a couple of areas of your team, what would they be?

General, of course I know more about South than you do. But you, like many others, make the false assumption that South is a one trick pony. Yes, we graduated some hefty talent but Colonial Heights Middle School dominated through our Frosh class. True, that doesn't always mean anything but sometimes it plays a trump. Now, all I wanted was for you to elaborate on what you and (probably) most other people think. I'm not condemning you for making a statement and not being able to follow it up because we all have done that. But, all most people know is that we lost 5 three year starters and then some. Yes, it was hard to replace them. But some of them were actually replacements (on one side of the ball or the other) for injured people that we have coming back. Now all I will say is that (jcolter) Curt is surrounded by more talent than people think. If you will do your homework or can remember 2-3 years back then you will know who our RB's, WR's. and backup skill people are. And if you follow the different threads on here then you would already know that I have stated our Defense is still in the oven. Because D is the bulk of what we lost to graduation. Yes, we lost WR's...but we got more. Offense puts points on the board...but D wins ballgames! We all know this well. So I have waved the magic wand over our defense. Was that objectionable enough? So be it. Now, I am going to say this loud and clear...Sullivan East is on a mission and they have some animals. Now, I would like to hear about Bristol's backfield and WR's and the same from East. We know East has O & D line.

Comp, the incoming Frosh class at South isn't that good. CH was down last year.

I was referring to our rising Soph class. But in relation to the rising Frosh class they do have some weapons even though they had a dismal season. Cody Shipley will be a high grade RB, and Heath Hayden is the next Curt Phillips. He will be starting as a Junior and Aaron will be benched. I've said that on CoachT since I saw him play last season. The Lockheart kid is not bad as well as Reed Harison. There are a couple of others that I can't place names for but my take is that Jordan would have taken that group to a successful season. I know Rasnake speaks well of Hoover but I'm not impressed.