Mountain Lakes predictions.

megahops24

No I stand by that statement. I have played and followed the team since the late 70's so although it is my opinion, I believe it to be on target. Atwood was great that is not even a question. He biggest award was All-State. What I am saying is that there are more athlete's on this team as a whole. Elite 11 athlete of the year (Prudhome) is back and although there isnt a single back as good as Atwood, there are 3 that are very good. The quarterback should also really come into his own this year. He had a decent year for a Sophmore last year and has gotten bigger (6'3" 225 I believe). You havent heard alot about a few of the kids I am speaking of because of injuries, etc. but as a group they have had a ton of success in earlier years when matched up in equal age. I realize that doesnt always mean they will now though. As far as THS goes, no I dont think there are 4 teams that are better. In fact, with the student body size of THS and South there should never be. But high school athletes are just that high school athletes and anything can and does happen. Best of luck in the upcoming season,

Good answer! Just checkin to see if you were for real or not. You seem to be a good voice and source of info for the Longhorns this season. Good luck to your team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good answer! Just checkin to see if you were for real or not. You seem to be a good voice and source of info for the Longhorns this season. Good luck to your team.

Good deal. I have actually read alot of your posts and you sounded like someone with good objective knowledge. Your reply surprised me at first but good to know we can have good discussion and your were checking me out. It is going to be a great year of football. I cant wait.

Plowboy's post comes after a South/DB 7 on 7. Positive reinforcement feels good coming from one of the Tribe's faithful but I take 77's with a grain of salt. Game situations are a different melody. Plowboy knows this as well as we all do he just saw that in spite of losing some very celebrated WR's that our QB/WR timing was very good and on a consistant basis. That is what 77's are about. 10 days is not enough. I sort of feel the posts heating up so I hope we can keep it civil. I really think that we might actually be ready to try and upgrade the NET. '07 will speak the truth. And yes, South has respect for Duannah and Co. Obviously, Defense is the name of the game this year. High powered offenses will score points no matter what. It is simply a matter of risk management...not if you can stop the train but if you can slow it down. I guess it's about time to come over to the island and do a little spying on Gilligan and his crew...sounds like they got that boat patched up and ready to float. I'll be the one smoking the cigar. And Cap, you show up in that black Mercedes and you will cause all these Rebels to squint an eye...we drive Ford diesels 'roun' heh'. Yeah we just might show up in Bristol one day with our NASCAR hats on...we'll look like Viking faithful. But I think we should get together and make a trip to Johnson County and see how the rodeo is going over there this year. And still no word from East. Hey, 1 week from Monday. Everybody enjoy these last 2 weekends!

Auh come on Campusat…don’t be a playa hater! The Mercedes thing was used to make a point. Anyway…sense you won’t give the other prospect up for the Rebels maybe you can give us the skinny on the 7 on 7 game. Were you able to go deep on the Indians? What kind of arm does their qb have this year? Did Curt forget it was 7 on 7 at any time and pull out that play that worked so well last year. You know…the “tuck it and run” he ran every other down last year. OK…that last one was just a joke, but how did it really go? By the way…the Mercedes…….it’s not black.

Auh come on Campusat…don’t be a playa hater! The Mercedes thing was used to make a point. Anyway…sense you won’t give the other prospect up for the Rebels maybe you can give us the skinny on the 7 on 7 game. Were you able to go deep on the Indians? What kind of arm does their qb have this year? Did Curt forget it was 7 on 7 at any time and pull out that play that worked so well last year. You know…the “tuck it and run” he ran every other down last year. OK…that last one was just a joke, but how did it really go? By the way…the Mercedes…….it’s not black.

The skinny is that it's Phat. 'Cmon now, it's his Senior year...he's going deep. DB did ok...but not going deep...on either side of the ball. They got 2 mighty fine QB's and 3 sophistocated WR/RB's. BUT...their QB's, in spite of being pretty sharp, were afraid to go deep. They both have great form though and that relates to good coachability. The difference is stark...when the other QB's went deep...it floated. When Curt went deep...it was a missle. That's why 77's are so important...for the timing. You know the QB has to throw that ball before the cut so it is there when the WR turns his head...just before the DB reacts. That is D1. That's why bump and run is so important. If a WR had to get used to that type of QB from scratch it would take a couple of years. Curt has had that style since the beginning. It's the difference between a nice pass...but incomplete...and 400 yards passing with 4 TD's. Not a hater just jealous... Even though it was a joke, it was true and there's a reason why...Curt looks at it like this, "If they can't do it better than me then I should do it". I mean 6'3" 220lbs. running a 4.5. Who wouldn't run it. Anyway, he's got a little bigger toolbox this year so we'll see. So it ain't black...I bet it ain't pink either. Now you know that the Castle was the best game we played last year. And we didn't skimp...we served beans, cornbread, chicken and pork. We was gracious. We even brought a little bit of desert. And now this year we gonna serve beef also. So it might be cold when yall come to the South Side but we gonna treat you right. Just like Precious and Grace. Don't worry...we kin. BUT...we got to show them MoTown boys this year...ya heah! Can't let it go another season. It's time. I'm out.

QUOTE(Cap1 @ Jul 20 2007 - 09:30 AM)

Two words Solomon Duannah!!! Easily the most talented running back South will see this entire year. If South is unable to get many people around the ball every time Solomon touches it…nobody will even know Curt Phillips was on the field. From what I observed last year Solomon has it all…good size, strength, blinding speed, quickness, field vision, and he likes to put on a show. Only criticism I would have would be that he tries to make “the big play” ever time. Sometimes you have to put your head down and take what the defense gives you. SH also had a very athletic kid at backup QB last year. I think his name was Hill. Depending on how he developed over the summer, SH could have a very explosive offense this year with all the speed and athleticism they possess.

Both of those statements are correct. Duannah is an absolute stud. I heard he went to a combine in Charlotte and was rated the best athlete there,he had something ridiculous like 26 reps on the bench,36 inch vertical and ran a 4.55 or something. now the combine was rained out,so only about half of the players there competed,but that is still very impressive. I think he could run for 2,000 yards this year,I really think he's that good. And I think that qb's name is Tomas Hill,who has attended multiple football camps over the summer and has seemed to make many improvements in his arm,which is what he needs considering last year he was mostly a running quarterback. Although with those receivers out there he might just need to throw it up. and let them run under it or turn it into a jump ball. The 2 D-1 prospects that one guy was referring to would probably be Solomon as one,and then the other would either be that Middle linebacker Aaron Trent or my guess is that its the wide receiver Ashlon Adams,who's a 6'4 burner. South is in for a very very tough matchup.

OK, this is the latest concerning the D1's at SH. Ashlon Adams is a rising junior and from what I am told, his bread is better buttered in basketball, but none the less a very fine receiver. Running back Solomon Duanah (that is with 1 n) as of this posting has not been offered a D1 scholarship "yet". Let me stress "yet". Linebacker Aaron Trent has Virginia Tech offering, but has "yet" to give a verbal commitment. I believe there will be more scholarships being offered to players at SH after senior season is over

Whoever wins the Mountain Lake Conf, will have to go threw Morristown. It could be either Morristown West or Morristown East.If one of the Morristown High Schools get to the semi in the playoff, The game will be in Morristown. ( last year Morristown had to go too Maryville) I really enjoy the playoff game at South last year, Their QB is the real

deal. Best of luck to all the teams, hope to see you in the playoff.( by the way, Morristown has new field turf like

CN college)

Whoever wins the Mountain Lake Conf, will have to go threw Morristown. It could be either Morristown West or Morristown East.If one of the Morristown High Schools get to the semi in the playoff, The game will be in Morristown. ( last year Morristown had to go too Maryville) I really enjoy the playoff game at South last year, Their QB is the real

deal. Best of luck to all the teams, hope to see you in the playoff.( by the way, Morristown has new field turf like

CN college)

You're right,but I think teams from this area understand that. Mo West and Mo East are both the teams to beat in Region 1-2,too much speed,coaching,and numbers,I mean,over 100 kids on each team I heard,my goodness. But I believe all the teams in Mountain Lakes are getting pretty close to the point where they can compete with those teams. But you were right,that playoff game last year was a great game to watch,I loved watching Mo East execute that offense to perfection pretty much. I do hope I get to watch you guys in the playoffs again this year.

Come on guys…lets be completely honest. The road to the State Championship goes through Morristown WEST, and then Maryville EVERY year. Morristown East has to travel that same road. Sorry but it’s true.

I don't think there is anyone in this conference strong enough to even be thinking about the post season right now.

My predictions for Region I - 4A

Player of the Year: Prudhome (JC)

Offensive Player of the Year: Phillips (SS)

Defensive Player of the Year: Bible (THS)

Lineman of the Year: Frye (SE)

Conference Standings

THS

SSHS

JC

SE

Betsy

SC

UC

SN

I really wanted to pick JC higher but I don't think they can beat THS and SS. The 'Horns need to show us they can play with (and beat) the Big Boys (Pactolus and Edgemont Ave) before we all start picking them. They physically match up better with SS this year and could win the early season game in Kingsport. However, I recall a game with SS two years ago at JC when I thought they were evenly matched and were whipped at the half. It is hard to get a program over the hump when they are "chasing" all the time. Even when they are good on the field they can't play Football Politics. Remember the "extended game" when THS was behind a couple of years ago, a storm came, and THS and the "Officials" made JC come back the next day to finish. What a joke!

Week 0 will feature a great hype game - the first of the Smith era at Science Hll. The Hill will invade SS and do battle with the Carter led Rebels. The Ranger will have some tricks up his sleeve. I expect great hype, a great crowd, a D-I prospect matchup (Duanah and Trent vs Phillips), and a high scoring affair.