Mountain Lakes predictions.

megahops24

My predictions for Region I - 4A

Player of the Year: Prudhome (JC)

Offensive Player of the Year: Phillips (SS)

Defensive Player of the Year: Bible (THS)

Lineman of the Year: Frye (SE)

Conference Standings

THS

SSHS

JC

SE

Betsy

SC

UC

SN

I really wanted to pick JC higher but I don't think they can beat THS and SS. The 'Horns need to show us they can play with (and beat) the Big Boys (Pactolus and Edgemont Ave) before we all start picking them. They physically match up better with SS this year and could win the early season game in Kingsport. However, I recall a game with SS two years ago at JC when I thought they were evenly matched and were whipped at the half. It is hard to get a program over the hump when they are "chasing" all the time. Even when they are good on the field they can't play Football Politics. Remember the "extended game" when THS was behind a couple of years ago, a storm came, and THS and the "Officials" made JC come back the next day to finish. What a joke!

Week 0 will feature a great hype game - the first of the Smith era at Science Hll. The Hill will invade SS and do battle with the Carter led Rebels. The Ranger will have some tricks up his sleeve. I expect great hype, a great crowd, a D-I prospect matchup (Duanah and Trent vs Phillips), and a high scoring affair.

I was at that game in the Stone Castle in 05’…and while the rescheduling of the second half did work in THS’s favor, I don’t think it could have been helped. After the second rain delay it started storming even harder (monsoon rain, lightening, and thunder) the lightning even knocked out the stadium lights. We left at that time because it didn’t seem like there was anyway that the game could be finished. After getting home and changing out of the wet clothes, I decided to go to the store. On the way home from the store I turned on the radio to get a recap of the games that night and the announcer said that they were just getting ready to start up action in the castle again. By this time it was at least 10:30 pm. I drove to the Stone Castle once again only for it to start storming and cause a third delay (that means it took over 3 hours to play one half of football), and the second half of the game was scheduled to be continued on the next day. Believe me…If there was ANYWAY that game could have been continued…Johnson Co Coaches would have made it happen. In the time that was actually played that night things definitely weren't going the Vikings way and it looked to me like JC had a real chance of knock off the #2 team in the conference. Of course the score was only (6 to 0) but that could have been enough on that night.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions for Region I - 4A

Player of the Year: Prudhome (JC)

Offensive Player of the Year: Phillips (SS)

Defensive Player of the Year: Bible (THS)

Lineman of the Year: Frye (SE)

Conference Standings

THS

SSHS

JC

SE

Betsy

SC

UC

SN

I really wanted to pick JC higher but I don't think they can beat THS and SS. The 'Horns need to show us they can play with (and beat) the Big Boys (Pactolus and Edgemont Ave) before we all start picking them. They physically match up better with SS this year and could win the early season game in Kingsport. However, I recall a game with SS two years ago at JC when I thought they were evenly matched and were whipped at the half. It is hard to get a program over the hump when they are "chasing" all the time. Even when they are good on the field they can't play Football Politics. Remember the "extended game" when THS was behind a couple of years ago, a storm came, and THS and the "Officials" made JC come back the next day to finish. What a joke!

Week 0 will feature a great hype game - the first of the Smith era at Science Hll. The Hill will invade SS and do battle with the Carter led Rebels. The Ranger will have some tricks up his sleeve. I expect great hype, a great crowd, a D-I prospect matchup (Duanah and Trent vs Phillips), and a high scoring affair.

My take on this matchup is it will all depend on who has the better supporting cast. Yes, we know who will be the stars of the show but someone else must step up. It will be interesting to see who those someone's are. To anylize this instant classic we must examine the roster and see who the potential "one" is. I also feel it has the potential to be a high scoring affair but I think diversity will prevail.

My take on this matchup is it will all depend on who has the better supporting cast. Yes, we know who will be the stars of the show but someone else must step up. It will be interesting to see who those someone's are. To anylize this instant classic we must examine the roster and see who the potential "one" is. I also feel it has the potential to be a high scoring affair but I think diversity will prevail.

I agree for the most part. Everyone has to remember that football IS the ultimate team sport. Phillips needs protection and needs good hands people.

Duanah needs the big boys up front to open holes.

It’s GOT TO BE A TEAM EFFORT.

I was at that game in the Stone Castle in 05’…and while the rescheduling of the second half did work in THS’s favor, I don’t think it could have been helped. After the second rain delay it started storming even harder (monsoon rain, lightening, and thunder) the lightning even knocked out the stadium lights. We left at that time because it didn’t seem like there was anyway that the game could be finished. After getting home and changing out of the wet clothes, I decided to go to the store. On the way home from the store I turned on the radio to get a recap of the games that night and the announcer said that they were just getting ready to start up action in the castle again. By this time it was at least 10:30 pm. I drove to the Stone Castle once again only for it to start storming and cause a third delay (that means it took over 3 hours to play one half of football), and the second half of the game was scheduled to be continued on the next day. Believe me…If there was ANYWAY that game could have been continued…Johnson Co Coaches would have made it happen. In the time that was actually played that night things definitely weren't going the Vikings way and it looked to me like JC had a real chance of knock off the #2 team in the conference. Of course the score was only (6 to 0) but that could have been enough on that night.

Thanks for the posting of what really happened that night. There is a lot of "urban legend" in the conference about what happened. Most of it wrong.

From talking to a couple D1 AA schools THS has a kid that I have not seen mentioned on this thread that has drawn their attention his name is Turnbell or something close he is like a 6'3 180 free safety.

Anyone know any other info about this kid? Supposedly good student also?

Thomas will be a three year letterman and a two year starter at FS. He was also the leading scorer for the basketball team last year. He’s athletic, but more than that he’s a tenacious competitor that loves to hit!! Some say that the Viking secondary is questionable…but we do have two senior leaders returning and both have good speed and Thomas is one of them. The others are what I would call “green or untested”. I feel that Intimidation will be a big part of defending the pass this year for the Vikings. These younger kids (especially at LB) love to bring the pain. So while I don’t expect to break any interception records…the highlight film should be exciting this year.

The Vikings do have two other D1 prospects Bible and Dickerson both at DE. Bible tied the school record for sacks (13 I believe) last year and Dickerson has had several invites to visit D1 Universities.

I was referring to our rising Soph class. But in relation to the rising Frosh class they do have some weapons even though they had a dismal season. Cody Shipley will be a high grade RB, and Heath Hayden is the next Curt Phillips. He will be starting as a Junior and Aaron will be benched. I've said that on CoachT since I saw him play last season. The Lockheart kid is not bad as well as Reed Harison. There are a couple of others that I can't place names for but my take is that Jordan would have taken that group to a successful season. I know Rasnake speaks well of Hoover but I'm not impressed.

Are we talking football?? Lockhart is going to be an awesome catcher, cut has never played football. Reid Harris (not Harison) is a good basketball player, but---again---has never played football, to my knowledge.

Thomas will be a three year letterman and a two year starter at FS. He was also the leading scorer for the basketball team last year. He’s athletic, but more than that he’s a tenacious competitor that loves to hit!! Some say that the Viking secondary is questionable…but we do have two senior leaders returning and both have good speed and Thomas is one of them. The others are what I would call “green or untested”. I feel that Intimidation will be a big part of defending the pass this year for the Vikings. These younger kids (especially at LB) love to bring the pain. So while I don’t expect to break any interception records…the highlight film should be exciting this year.

The Vikings do have two other D1 prospects Bible and Dickerson both at DE. Bible tied the school record for sacks (13 I believe) last year and Dickerson has had several invites to visit D1 Universities.

Hey Cap, who do you think will be given the nod at the halfback position? Hearst, Hutton, or someone else?

Hey Cap, who do you think will be given the nod at the halfback position? Hearst, Hutton, or someone else?

From watchin Hutton and Hearst run the ball last year in JV games, I would say someone else... I hope they both can contribute a lot, but from everthing I'm hearing, and from watching the freshmen team last year, along w/ Baker (Sr) I would say the most tallent at RB are 3 sophmores... Leonard, Pendleton, and Sheppard.

It's scary how young THS could be this year. On a positive note, we've got a solid class that will be sophmores, I think they will get a lot of expierence this year.

I found out the Dickerson will play NT this year not DE. By the way he is now 6’3” 260lbs.

From watchin Hutton and Hearst run the ball last year in JV games, I would say someone else... I hope they both can contribute a lot, but from everthing I'm hearing, and from watching the freshmen team last year, along w/ Baker (Sr) I would say the most tallent at RB are 3 sophmores... Leonard, Pendleton, and Sheppard.

It's scary how young THS could be this year. On a positive note, we've got a solid class that will be sophmores, I think they will get a lot of expierence this year.

I have to agree with you. The 3 sophomores looked good last year…especially Pendleton. He has that “Ryan Shaw” mentality. There is also a freshman HB that (in my opinion) is the most athletic player the Vikings have had since DeShaud Johnson….and a sophomore HB with good size that runs the closes to a true 4.4 40 that I have seen. With that said, depending on how we fatten up the Big Boys up front…not only will the Vikings have something to say about the anticipated rise to power by Elizabethton, but I look to make another trip to Maryville sometime within the next three years. Notice I said Maryville…because like it or not we all know that to make it to the 4A State Championship game from the East you have to go through Maryville.

I’ve been told that Hutton transferred, Hearst is injured, and from all indications at this point we may see Bible 6’2” 235 at FB.