Lavon Tate transfers to Siegal

UCSportsFan

With the news of Lavon Tate formerly of Cookeville moving to Siegal how does everyone see District 7AAA coming out this year? With Tate the Cavs had a chance of competing this year in the district for the first time but with his loss it will greatly diminish their chances. Although they do have some very good players left including Judah Akers who should be one of the best in the district this year. Does anyone have any info on Siegal this year and how good they will be? Tate is a very talented D-1 prospect and at 6'3 and growing can play just about any position on the floor. How will he fit in at Siegal?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the news of Lavon Tate formerly of Cookeville moving to Siegal how does everyone see District 7AAA coming out this year? With Tate the Cavs had a chance of competing this year in the district for the first time but with his loss it will greatly diminish their chances. Although they do have some very good players left including Judah Akers who should be one of the best in the district this year. Does anyone have any info on Siegal this year and how good they will be? Tate is a very talented D-1 prospect and at 6'3 and growing can play just about any position on the floor. How will he fit in at Siegal?

Siegel was probably going to be top 2 in the district without Tate, so a whole lot does not change in what he will bring to the table. However, he will give Siegel some much needed size and some depth, I can think of at least 9-10 guys from Siegel that will be getting a pretty good number of minutes so the addition to Tate only makes them stronger. I feel like Tate would be best suited to play downlow because thats where Siegel can be hurt be their lack of size and rebounding, but this team will be a up and down the floor type of team so I imagine Tate will fill in well, although I dont think he will be able to be a regular in the starting 5 unless it is down low because Siegel is pretty set at the guard position for this upcoming season

I will have to say it is pretty rare to see a player transfer from district school to the other, unless it has been from one boro team to the other. I would be interested to hear why his family chose, unless the house they live in just happens to be zoned for Siegel. Regardless, you really cant blame Tate given Siegel's success in such a short time

Siegel was probably going to be top 2 in the district without Tate, so a whole lot does not change in what he will bring to the table. However, he will give Siegel some much needed size and some depth, I can think of at least 9-10 guys from Siegel that will be getting a pretty good number of minutes so the addition to Tate only makes them stronger. I feel like Tate would be best suited to play downlow because thats where Siegel can be hurt be their lack of size and rebounding, but this team will be a up and down the floor type of team so I imagine Tate will fill in well, although I dont think he will be able to be a regular in the starting 5 unless it is down low because Siegel is pretty set at the guard position for this upcoming season

I will have to say it is pretty rare to see a player transfer from district school to the other, unless it has been from one boro team to the other. I would be interested to hear why his family chose, unless the house they live in just happens to be zoned for Siegel. Regardless, you really cant blame Tate given Siegel's success in such a short time

Tate was a rebounding machine as a freshman and i can't imagine him moving to Siegal to sit on the bench that would make no sense whatsoever. As for why the move happened? His mother got a job down towards LaVernge i believe so thus the transfer. I was Lavon's first AAU coach and had the pleasure of coaching him for 3 years and i will say this much, Siegal Nation will love this kid. No one plays harder or has a better attitude on or off the court. Just a fine young man all around and i wish him well and will be following his career closely.

Tate was a rebounding machine as a freshman and i can't imagine him moving to Siegal to sit on the bench that would make no sense whatsoever. As for why the move happened? His mother got a job down towards LaVernge i believe so thus the transfer. I was Lavon's first AAU coach and had the pleasure of coaching him for 3 years and i will say this much, Siegal Nation will love this kid. No one plays harder or has a better attitude on or off the court. Just a fine young man all around and i wish him well and will be following his career closely.

If he can rebound, I imagine he will start at the post along with Mitchell or Carroll. Siegel has Cutter, Morant, Terry, Gooch, Nicholas, and Nance at guard, so I do not imagine he will get a chance to play the 1-3, but if he can rebound like you say he can, Harris will be tickled pink

i believe that he was recruted to siegel so was another kid siegel should be in aau not school ball and if his mom got a job in laverne why doesnt he go there? any answers to this

i believe that he was recruted to siegel so was another kid siegel should be in aau not school ball and if his mom got a job in laverne why doesnt he go there? any answers to this

Well now wait a minute Terrance, what about Hockenberry? The door swings both ways my friend! If you are going to insinuate that Tate was recruited by Siegal then Hockenberry must have been recruited by Oakland or does that logic only apply to "other" schools and not Oakland? As for where his parents work, that has no bearing on where they live. Are you going to sit here and tell me EVERY PARENT that has a kid playing for OAKLAND works in Murphreesboro? Think about your post before you type it in will ya.

Well now wait a minute Terrance, what about Hockenberry? The door swings both ways my friend! If you are going to insinuate that Tate was recruited by Siegal then Hockenberry must have been recruited by Oakland or does that logic only apply to "other" schools and not Oakland? As for where his parents work, that has no bearing on where they live. Are you going to sit here and tell me EVERY PARENT that has a kid playing for OAKLAND works in Murphreesboro? Think about your post before you type it in will ya.

wo buddy you dont know siegel basketball and no hockenberry was not recruted by oakland siegel basketball does recruit i know for a fact i never said he was a recrute tho i know what im talkin about buddy you dont live here

So I'm one of those? That's harsh 2P.

No, I Said HARRIS in my post...as in bball players. Everyone knows Reavis kept his baseball players in line with their feet firmly planted on the ground. Never were you to be considered in that general remark. I know you know the differences in how bball players were allowed to act vs baseball.

wo buddy you dont know siegel basketball and no hockenberry was not recruted by oakland siegel basketball does recruit i know for a fact i never said he was a recrute tho i know what im talkin about buddy you dont live here

you know its funny when you say that because there has been more transfers into oakland espcially basketball that any other school and its ok but when one player transfers to seigle its recruiting? you cant have both man