Milan vs Huntingdon

xriv

A few things to say about your first paragraph, Huntingdon is a completely different team than last year. Everthing is going to be better. I have a feeling we're about to see the old mustangs...and see them finish on top. I'll be rootin!!

I hope you're almost right. I would love to see huntington back to normal. gotta love those hard fought rivalries. I hope huntington finishes NEAR the top.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With less than 5 weeks to go, things will start getting serious on Monday. The pads are put on and the hitting begins. Huntingdon may have lost some swagger this past season but rest assured there is a stable of stangs working very hard to get it back. No doubt week one is going to be a measuring stick for where we are at.

Who are the Bulldogs scrimmaging before the Huntingdon game? I've heard we scrimmage Southside, then Crockett County in the 2nd week and Obion County in 3 weeks before the Huntingdon Jamboree. Has any of the slots been filled for the Jamboree? Someone said that Swensen was bringing Hickman County up to play Bruceton in the Jamboree. Is this for certain? We need some help here StangFan..

Who are the Bulldogs scrimmaging before the Huntingdon game? I've heard we scrimmage Southside, then Crockett County in the 2nd week and Obion County in 3 weeks before the Huntingdon Jamboree. Has any of the slots been filled for the Jamboree? Someone said that Swensen was bringing Hickman County up to play Bruceton in the Jamboree. Is this for certain? We need some help here StangFan..

Mr. Mustang you know you need more help than I can provide but I will give it a shot.

We will be scrimmaging Southside this week, Obion County next week, and Crockett county on the 17th. The first two scrimmages will be at 6:00 and the third at 5:30 with the jv going first. All of the scrimmages are on the road.

The jamboree will feature:

Game 1: Huntingdon vs. Westview

Game 2: Lexington vs. Crockett Co.

Game 3: Bruceton vs. Hickman Co.

Game 4: Camden vs. Mckenzie

• 2 weeks later...

Several of the "Pigskin Pals" were talking about past Huntingdon/Milan games and players that came to mind. Former Bulldogs Rod Smith and Ernest Fields came up. Smith played for Memphis and was injured and his career ended. How is he doing and is he still in school? Ernest Fields was awesome. I remember the Mustangs playing the Bulldogs in about 4" of mud and the game was on the line and Coach Tucker gave the ball to Fields about 10-12 times in a row and the Dawgs march down the field to beat Huntingdon. What is he doing?

It was always fun to hear Coach Tucker "bellyache" about his players. I remember him saying in the newspaper that his lineman couldn't even bust an egg on the blocking sled.

We're looking forward to August 31st. Good luck this year.

Several of the "Pigskin Pals" were talking about past Huntingdon/Milan games and players that came to mind. Former Bulldogs Rod Smith and Ernest Fields came up. Smith played for Memphis and was injured and his career ended. How is he doing and is he still in school? Ernest Fields was awesome. I remember the Mustangs playing the Bulldogs in about 4" of mud and the game was on the line and Coach Tucker gave the ball to Fields about 10-12 times in a row and the Dawgs march down the field to beat Huntingdon. What is he doing?

It was always fun to hear Coach Tucker "bellyache" about his players. I remember him saying in the newspaper that his lineman couldn't even bust an egg on the blocking sled.

We're looking forward to August 31st. Good luck this year.

Rod is still in school at Memphis but I haven't heard about his injury lately.

Earnest was the best player to ever put on the Bulldog uniform and I think he still holds the record at UT for most tackles in a career. I actually thought he would have made it to the NFL and he came close. He did play some Arena football.

Rod is still in school at Memphis but I haven't heard about his injury lately.

Earnest was the best player to ever put on the Bulldog uniform and I think he still holds the record at UT for most tackles in a career. I actually thought he would have made it to the NFL and he came close. He did play some Arena football.

Just for your information, there is an article on Rod Smith in Thursday's edition of the Memphis Commercial Appeal. Nice picture of him too. Sounds like the future is bright for him.

Just wondering how those big ole lineman were dealing with this heat down in Milan.

Just for your information, there is an article on Rod Smith in Thursday's edition of the Memphis Commercial Appeal. Nice picture of him too. Sounds like the future is bright for him.

Just wondering how those big ole lineman were dealing with this heat down in Milan.

Yeah, Bulldog Fan#2 sent me the article. I have to say I"m not surprised at his dedication. Great kid.